Suggestions for best headset for all purposes?

ImDanil

Interested in a headset that is amazing with everything I throw at it. Somethings I'm looking for:

- No crackling when playing sounds at a loud volume

- No microphone

- Excellent game, movie and music audio quality

- Good bass

- Durable, long lasting

- Comfortable, not too heavy

- Noise canceling would be nice

- No one can hear what I'm hearing while it's on

- Over-ear, not on-ear

- Preferably less than $200, but not a requirement

I'm currently looking at Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Headphones (Amazon) for $169.

The reviews are decent as well, with most rating it at 5-stars.

Got any suggestions? (Personal experience would be much appreciated!)

No images? Worst. Signature. Ever.

Im using a Steelseries Steelsound 5hv2, It is nice and doesnt cost much, It has a microphone but it is retractable so you wont see it.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

My personal suggestion: Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro's, something from Beyerdynamic, Audio Technica, or Sennheiser will fill the above requirements, however.

http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-770-PRO-250-ohms/dp/B0006NL5SM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409597259&sr=8-1&keywords=beyer+dt770

They have a more flat soundstage, however an equalizer will allow you to tune a flat headset to your liking.

They foot the bill for all your requirements.

I asked a similar question a few months back. Since then, i've purchased my DT 770's, played with a few different Sennheiser's and AT's, liked 'em all, but find myself going back to my DT 770's. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/139546-entry-level-audiophile-headphones-and-gaming/

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Im using a Steelseries Steelsound 5hv2, It is nice and doesnt cost much, It has a microphone but it is retractable so you wont see it.

I do like the sound of the surround sound, since I've never had any experience with it. But, because they're cheap, they probably won't be too good with loud music. Or they're break over time (a lot quicker than something that's a bit more expensive). Also, those are more tuned for gaming, which I don't do as much as I'd like.

My personal suggestion: Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro's, something from Beyerdynamic, Audio Technica, or Sennheiser will fill the above requirements, however.

http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-770-PRO-250-ohms/dp/B0006NL5SM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409597259&sr=8-1&keywords=beyer+dt770

They have a more flat soundstage, however an equalizer will allow you to tune a flat headset to your liking.

They foot the bill for all your requirements.

I asked a similar question a few months back. Since then, i've purchased my DT 770's, played with a few different Sennheiser's and AT's, liked 'em all, but find myself going back to my DT 770's. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/139546-entry-level-audiophile-headphones-and-gaming/

Oh man, that's a very good looking headset (based on reviews). I'm actually highly considering them.

Would you recommend at a sound card with this? If so, which one?

I do like the sound of the surround sound, since I've never had any experience with it. But, because they're cheap, they probably won't be too good with loud music. Or they're break over time (a lot quicker than something that's a bit more expensive). Also, those are more tuned for gaming, which I don't do as much as I'd like.

Oh man, that's a very good looking headset (based on reviews). I'm actually highly considering them.

Would you recommend at a sound card with this? If so, which one?

They're beautiful, both inside and out. Each and every piece is designed to be replaceable, so in the event you do break something, you're covered.

Honestly, it's all preference. I'm not running a sound car or DAC/AMP, and my motherboard is perfectly capable of driving them. my carbon-copy answer:

Try them without any additional hardware, see if you like them. If you find them unsatisfactory, throw in some hardware.

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

They're beautiful, both inside and out. Each and every piece is designed to be replaceable, so in the event you do break something, you're covered.

Honestly, it's all preference. I'm not running a sound car or DAC/AMP, and my motherboard is perfectly capable of driving them. my carbon-copy answer:

Try them without any additional hardware, see if you like them. If you find them unsatisfactory, throw in some hardware.

Good advice, thank you.

But the only thing I don't like with these is the wire. Unlike the headset I mentioned, it doesn't look like it has a removable cable. Which isn't a big issue, but an issue nevertheless.

Is that replaceable also, do you know?

Beyerdynamic has a small pats list on their website. You can contact their customer support to see what all they have available, however.

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/spare-parts.html

You'd be correct in assuming that you can not detach this wire. You may be able to mod something up (or have someone do so here on these forums), I don't believe they have the accessories to do this through them, however, and would likely void any warranty.

Might I ask why you need a detachable wire? Unless it's a necessity, i'd find it more of a nuisance than anything else, accidentally unplugging them has a way of taking you out of the moment... :P

Might I ask why you need a detachable wire? Unless it's a necessity, i'd find it more of a nuisance than anything else, accidentally unplugging them has a way of taking you out of the moment... :P

In a well-built headset, I assume that the wire is the most likely item to break.

Good advice, thank you.

But the only thing I don't like with these is the wire. Unlike the headset I mentioned, it doesn't look like it has a removable cable. Which isn't a big issue, but an issue nevertheless.

Is that replaceable also, do you know?

It is not removeable but you can rewire the cable yourself. It's one of the easier ones to recable but it is still very frustrating if you have no experience doing it.