a complete noob moment

PuNkPoEtS

I won't and I don't care about ultra graphics anyway. 20-30 fps on low kinda sucks though(bf3)

My Alienware laptop plays Battlefield 3 on Ultra at 2560x1440 at ~25fps. If I drop MSAA to 0 it runs at a comfortable 35. What GPU do you have? 

As for worst mistake I've ever made, I sold my iPad 3 to buy a Nexus 10. Thing ended up being a glitchy mess constantly rebooting with low performance in browsing and in games and terrible battery life. Everyone on XDA developers said, "To wait and that it's a Nexus and Google will fix it!" (There were threads and threads with everyone having the same experience as I had). And eventually after 5 months said enough is enough and got rid of the thing. 

Installed Cpu without Thermal Paste...  :D

Spoiler

Installed Cpu without Thermal Paste...  :D

What happened?

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz (cooled by Corsair H110) Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Formula RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | GPU: ASUS GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 Case: NZXT Phantom 630 Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB + 3 x WD Black 500GB  + WD Black 1TB + WD Black 2TB + Kingston V300 120GB PSU: SeaSonic Platinum 660W Monitors: 3 x Iiyama ProLite XU2390HS-1 Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Protheus Spectrum Mousemat: Steelseries QcK Heavy (40x45) Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II Speakers: Logitech Z906

What happened?

I saw that the Cpu was frying eggs.. and after some hours of thinking, i realised my mistake..  :P

Spoiler

It only improved a bit and this card wasn't worth the money imo. :(

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

500Gb western digital caviar blue as a boot drive + oem version of win 7. I don't even want to talk about it :(

500Gb western digital caviar blue as a boot drive + oem version of win 7. I don't even want to talk about it :(

omg lol what hahaha

you win

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

you win

Hmmmm..... You sure I'm not a contender?

24473549.jpg

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

i believed that i could use an ordinary laptop to play high end games :blink:

i just had one! my CPU kept dropping its multiplier to x4 when stress testing, turns out i forgot to disable thermal throttling lol 

-Snip-

Oh Lawdy, its like someone just chucked B&Qs wiring compartment into a case and called it a day.  :lol:

Oh Lawdy, its like someone just chucked B&Qs wiring compartment into a case and called it a day.  :lol:

It's even worse at the moment, Different case, many more SATA cables hanging around, SSD dangling in empty space with 3.5 adapter still fitted.....

I would post a new pic but I already reek of shame. :lol:

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

Hmmmm..... You sure I'm not a contender?

24473549.jpg

ive noticed that ur using a delta fan

why ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Whats the issue with that HDD ? I have the same one :P .

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

ive noticed that ur using a delta fan

why ?

It's a scythe ultra kaze (yes, probably made by delta), and I was using it because they were on my radiator (you may notice CPU + 2 x GPU, what you can't see is the single 360 rad....).

If you've already got three running at full blast, it really doesn't matter if you add a fourth and I had some spares. :lol:

This rig is NO MORE, the only things I retain are the GPUs and a couple of HDDs.

I saw that the Cpu was frying eggs.. and after some hours of thinking, i realised my mistake..  :P

loooooool :D

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz (cooled by Corsair H110) Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Formula RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | GPU: ASUS GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 Case: NZXT Phantom 630 Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB + 3 x WD Black 500GB  + WD Black 1TB + WD Black 2TB + Kingston V300 120GB PSU: SeaSonic Platinum 660W Monitors: 3 x Iiyama ProLite XU2390HS-1 Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Protheus Spectrum Mousemat: Steelseries QcK Heavy (40x45) Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II Speakers: Logitech Z906