Apple Announces Sptember 9th as Next Event

Funny, but it seems that most features of iOS existed on Android first. The apparent 'iPhone notifications' have been on custom roms for ages, and the iOS design is almost undoubtedly the most disgusting and inconsistent looking operating system to be concieved. Google will continue to lead the market in almost every way regardless of iOS's very minor yearly accomplishments.

Custom ROMs don't count. The fact that you need to essentially hack into your own phone for it to work well shows how great Android is.

iOS doesn't need tweaks, mods, or anything to be a very useable and (I dare say) pleasant OS.

so what ur saying is that next month apple wont show off its smartwatch because they dont have one ?

No, I'm saying nothing is sure. That's always been the case.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Custom ROMs don't count. The fact that you need to essentially hack into your own phone for it to work well shows how great Android is.

iOS doesn't need tweaks, mods, or anything to be a very useable and (I dare say) pleasant OS.

Wow, totally missing the point. Android is worlds better than iOS without any kind of technical tweaks for quite a few reasons. I'm just saying that Apple is not the world leader any more in the mobile market, they are a true follower.

Wow, totally missing the point. Android is worlds better than iOS without any kind of technical tweaks for quite a few reasons. I'm just saying that Apple is not the world leader any more in the mobile market, they are a true follower.

Ok

Yes, those new notifications in L are so amazing, it's almost like the iPhone hasn't had them since 2007!

I want to go into detail because it would just be a rhtorical action, but lets be serious, iOS has been really lacking a lot of features as well, a lot of them very basic and simple, and a lot of the features it actually does have were implemented way after android had them, and they were very basic rip offs. Apple got the industry started, but now they are just behind. 

Here is a list of common fallacies. Which ones have you used today?

Neat. I would like to see a refresh on the Mac Mini with the same price as the current Mini. And I really hope that they don't change the iPhone that much. I find the 5S to be the perfect size, for the most part. Maybe a little bigger screen (width-wise), but then that would screw up the apps for the current screen ratio that they have right now.

Funny, but it seems that most features of iOS existed on Android first. The apparent 'iPhone notifications' have been on custom roms for ages, and the iOS design is almost undoubtedly the most disgusting and inconsistent looking operating system to be concieved. Google will continue to lead the market in almost every way regardless of iOS's very minor yearly accomplishments.

*sniff sniff* I think I smell a fanboy or an ignorant prick!

Damn, I'm turning into @Askew.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I wouldn't agree. Features standard on AOSP are implemented long before they reach apple's software - notification interactivity being the major one this year, which has been standard on android since jellybean. And smoothness was pretty much sorted jellybean up, thanks to google finally paying attention to the lower end hardware, which had a knock on effect upwards.

I cannot use iOS without cydia. At all. Just doesnt gel with me, but thats my personal experience, just like how people on android may need tweaks to suit them. Everyone is different, and having two major mobile OS's doesnt help. If blackberry got back in the game, and if windows phone got proper attention (which it deserves, damn fine OS right now) then we would have competition, rather than google decimating everything below 400 pounds and above that apple and other manufacturers fighting over the scraps left behind.

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

In what way? :D

Being a smartass.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

OP the title might need correcting.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I wouldn't agree. Features standard on AOSP are implemented long before they reach apple's software - notification interactivity being the major one this year, which has been standard on android since jellybean. And smoothness was pretty much sorted jellybean up, thanks to google finally paying attention to the lower end hardware, which had a knock on effect upwards.

I cannot use iOS without cydia. At all. Just doesnt gel with me, but thats my personal experience, just like how people on android may need tweaks to suit them. Everyone is different, and having two major mobile OS's doesnt help. If blackberry got back in the game, and if windows phone got proper attention (which it deserves, damn fine OS right now) then we would have competition, rather than google decimating everything below 400 pounds and above that apple and other manufacturers fighting over the scraps left behind.

My point is, you shouldn't need a third party to modify your OS to make it more useable.

My point is, you shouldn't need a third party to modify your OS to make it more useable.

And mine is, you don't on either iOS or Android - they both offer very similar core experiences, with androids major difference being it's tweak/customisability. Stock android, Touchwiz, Sense and others are all the same in terms of core features, with aesthetics being the only advantage/disadvantage. The idea that these skins hinder the usability (Thanks to older versions of touchwiz) is outdated, they now all run about the same, and all offer a slightly different experience while retaining core android.

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

And mine is, you don't on either iOS or Android - they both offer very similar core experiences, with androids major difference being it's tweak/customisability. Stock android, Touchwiz, Sense and others are all the same in terms of core features, with aesthetics being the only advantage/disadvantage. The idea that these skins hinder the usability (Thanks to older versions of touchwiz) is outdated, they now all run about the same, and all offer a slightly different experience while retaining core android.

No, I don't mean carrier/manufacturer skins. I mean things like CM and AOKP.

People like them much better than stock Android, which means that stock Android (which, in theory, is the optimal version), is missing features that people want. Or at least, the features don't work as well.

All the features you mentioned were the ones highly requested. Many wanted control and notification center on iOS. Android on the other hand copies what iOS introduce (Google I/O). ALmost all new features in L were there in iOS and things like Android TV, auto were just rip-offs

And android does look consistent when compared to iOS?! You haven't used an iOS device, have you?

Google doesn't do anything. Its the manufacturers that make android shine. Vanilla android lacks the most basic functionality...

No, I don't mean carrier/manufacturer skins. I mean things like CM and AOKP.

People like them much better than stock Android, which means that stock Android (which, in theory, is the optimal version), is missing features that people want. Or at least, the features don't work as well.

All the features you mentioned were the ones highly requested. Many wanted control and notification center on iOS. Android on the other hand copies what iOS introduce (Google I/O). ALmost all new features in L were there in iOS and things like Android TV, auto were just rip-offs

And android does look consistent when compared to iOS?! You haven't used an iOS device, have you?

Google doesn't do anything. Its the manufacturers that make android shine. Vanilla android lacks the most basic functionality...

Clearly neither of you have had the best experience with android.

The truth of the matter is when android switched from 2.3 to 4.0, cyanogenmod was the only way to get the features we now take for granted - interactable notifications (about to be introduced in iOS), deep customisation options, and plenty more. Look at the changelog and you can trace back everything to the community. Google listened and implemented, and 4.0 became 'modern android'. After that, there wasn't much demand for features - changes since then have been far more about optimisation and experience, because google had hit the nail on the head with 4.0 already. Even android L is mostly cosmetic, the only major change being switching to a compile-first rather than compile-on-the-fly app system, already present but not default in 4.4.

If you have ANY experience with modern cyanogenmod, or AOKP or Paranoid or any other distribution, you would know that it's about experience. Paranoid has the quick bar on the right to replace on screen buttons. Cyanogenmod is an 'updates for older phones / dev' distribution, and AOKP has waned in popularity because it's cyanogen with a new skin.

Apple uses heavy optimisation to achieve its smoothness and great experience. The disadvantage is that features take much longer to implement than on a comparable android device. Hence why apple's software for a number of years now has been playing catch-up.

It's scary how much I have to repeat this on a tech forum with experienced users, but don't assume. You MUST have experience with both sides of the coin to give an objective comparison. Otherwise it's just biased fluff by nature.

To RedRound2, Please do go ahead and point out some key features copied from iOS on android L.