VIRO smartphone of future infinite battery

Thuster
Finally, today announced a major news: smartphone is waterproof!  But it is different from the galaxy s5 that use flaps, in fact, in the video is explain that VIRO will not use the flaps, but who knows what technology  :huh:
This startup starts to amaze me more and more, what means the 8? Maybe IP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9KJk-ajW08

Inb4 solar panel on back of phone.

Edit:

Second in line apparently.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

*cough* SNAKE OIL *cough*

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Finally, today announced a major news: smartphone is waterproof! But it is different from the galaxy s5 that use flaps, in fact, in the video is explain that VIRO will not use the flaps, but who knows what technology :huh:

This startup starts to amaze me more and more, what means the 8? Maybe IP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9KJk-ajW08

If it doesn't need to be charged then what's the point in usb? Headphone jacks can be waterproofed without plug I think do just using wifi for data transer is all it needs.

Inb4 solar panel on back of phone.

Edit:

Second in line apparently.

what is Inb4?

If it doesn't need to be charged then what's the point in usb? Headphone jacks can be waterproofed without plug I think do just using wifi for data transer is all it needs.

USB to connect with PC...

I could use wifi or bluetooth If they really wanted full waterproofness.

@thruster

the "infinite" part goes a bit far, but a long lasting or solar rechargable battery is pretty possible in the near future, intel claimed that a macbook air should be able to run on solar cells and recharge the battery in it before the end of 2016 if it keeps that energy efficient, still waiting fro that thou.

this phone throws it a bit far overboard in my opinion.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I could use wifi or bluetooth If they really wanted full waterproofness.

@thruster

I dont understand  ;)

the "infinite" part goes a bit far, but a long lasting or solar rechargable battery is pretty possible in the near future, intel claimed that a macbook air should be able to run on solar cells and recharge the battery in it before the end of 2016 if it keeps that energy efficient, still waiting fro that thou.

this phone throws it a bit far overboard in my opinion.

yes maybe the smartphone is not really infinite, but with some energy like solar could be infinite maybe in stand by mode

what is Inb4?

In-before. It's said a lot on twitch.tv.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

ah ok I understand  :D

In any case i hope they upgrade the battery! 

I dont understand  ;)

yes maybe the smartphone is not really infinite, but with some energy like solar could be infinite maybe in stand by mode

some solar would be lovely, altough i doubt it goes up for cellphones since they spend alot of time in dark pockets(atleast mine does)

not just twitch, it origins form a darker webpage, namely /b/ on 4chan, altough it is one of the few things got out of it and reached the internet.

(like long cat and some meme's)

some solar would be lovely, altough i doubt it goes up for cellphones since they spend alot of time in dark pockets(atleast mine does)

not just twitch, it origins form a darker webpage, namely /b/ on 4chan, altough it is one of the few things got out of it and reached the internet.

(like long cat and some meme's)

in fact lot of articles talk about cinetic energy, maybe the smartphone will be recharged by movment, also when it is in pocket.

In any case they start a new contest to win a VIRO smartphone (the first) in exclusive sound fantastic https://www.facebook.com/getVIRO/photos/a.270067753181725.1073741828.269076969947470/273208899534277/?type=1&theater 

inb4 has its sources from 4chan :3

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

inb4 has its sources from 4chan :3

They postes an intresting photo, brain and near 810 maybe they will use that chip i hope 

Apple has more phone / tablet related solar charging patents & patent applications than the sun has rays...

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

Perpetual motion machines are pretty awesome...

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

They have said, that there's no need to charge the phone from a wall outlet. So it sounds like it actually will have an infinite battery life.
https://facebook.com/getVIRO/photos/a.270067753181725.1073741828.269076969947470/272419549613212/?type=1&source=46

The also said, that they use three types of renewable energy to power the device.
https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=273987986123035&id=269076969947470

In a facebook comment they said that the phone is almost ready for mass production. Some components are already manufactured but some are not yet available so the sales won't start until early 2015. I'll try to find link to that comment...

I'm very excited!

The phone will also have 20,7 Megapixel rear camera with 120fps 4K video recording, optical image stabilation, back-illuminated sensor and dual led flash. The front camera will be 8 Megapixels with 120 fps full HD video recording, ois, bsi and single led flash.
https://facebook.com/getVIRO/photos/a.270067753181725.1073741828.269076969947470/273580106163823/?type=1&source=46

Edit: Sorry, I was wrong. You cannot record 4K at 120 fps. 4K is probably 24 fps and lower resolutions are higher fps up to 120.

I've once had a solar charger for my phone, in the pre smartphone days mind you, it was ducking terrible, the time it took for that thing to charge a phone was absurd, I wonder how tech for those small solar panels has advanced. We have 32 solar panels on our roof, and solar tech is amazing, I just haven't seen it properly implemented yet in portable devices

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

They have said, that there's no need to charge the phone from a wall outlet. So it sounds like it actually will have an infinite battery life.

https://facebook.com/getVIRO/photos/a.270067753181725.1073741828.269076969947470/272419549613212/?type=1&source=46

The also said, that they use three types of renewable energy to power the device.

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=273987986123035&id=269076969947470

In a facebook comment they said that the phone is almost ready for mass production. Some components are already manufactured but some are not yet available so the wont start until early 2015. I'll try to find link to that comment...

I'm very excited!

if it was truelly infinite it wouldn't have to charge either, so it isn't truelly infinite at all. I honestly even doubt that the battery icon will but 90%+ all the time.

3 sources of renewable energy sounds interesting to be honest, that is airflow/windcurrent, heat and light i guess( couldn't find it in the post, wich was takendown)

heat:

bodyheat form being in your pocket or holding it.

windcurrent:

the small breeze of air when you walk around.

light:

solarpanels/collectors.

if this are the 3 right kinds of energy they are thinking off then it became more unlikely then it used to be, mostly when those three have to keep the phone up and running coninuesly.

the biggest concern of me is the heat factor, most truelly renewable ways to use heat contain a fluid, but i don't see that happening in a phone, once again this is only if i'm at the right way of thinking.

just looked around on their FB page and it has to come out at october 1st, or atleast "claiming to be launching".

The phone will also have 20,7 Megapixel rear camera with 120fps 4K video recording, optical image stabilation, back-illuminated sensor and dual led flash. The front camera will be 8 Megapixels with 120 fps full HD video recording, ois, bsi and single led flash.

https://facebook.com/getVIRO/photos/a.270067753181725.1073741828.269076969947470/273580106163823/?type=1&source=46

this is getting a little sensational, they confirmed those words but not combined.

i even doubt that the 120fps 4k recording is possible at a phone as device, ohh hell i even doubt that the cameras at LTT can record 4k 120fps nativly.

and with such powerdraw a phone battery won't hold long, my bet is on 15mins most recording, suggesting that 120fps 4k recording is possible.

I am truelly sceptical by this phone so far, but keeping an eye on it out of intrest for the technological leap and effort if they pull it off perfectly without any( to much) catches and holes.

It's like those solar panel roads. 

Never going to actually work.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

It's like those solar panel roads. 

Never going to actually work.

i have more trust in these because of the sheer size that is possible compared to the phone, altough there is still a beautifull long way to go.