Does your room temp go up when you game?

xdskiller

I used to game on a dual core cpu 2.5ghz and on a asus gt 430 ( yes I know its damn bad). This computer sucked and I was blown away by how hot the computer was. I cleaned it every month or so and still It ran super hot.

Definitely, Nearly every single time comes into my room while I'm gaming they say 'Oh god, It's roasting in here'. But I guess I've gotten used to it.

I already lived in the hottest room in the house and my gaming PC certainly doesn't make that any better. I typically have my door closed and it's been pretty hot this year, so my room gets up in the 90s (Fahrenheit). 

Definitely, Nearly every single time comes into my room while I'm gaming they say 'Oh god, It's roasting in here'. But I guess I've gotten used to it.

Same here. I'm kinda used to the increased heat in my room, but everyone else who comes here complains that I should leave the door and the window wide open.

My room temperature usually rises by 1-2 C during a long gaming session. During summer my room temp can get as high as 28-29C, but during winter it stays at a comfortable 20-22C.

My room get's above 30°C during summer, and at evenings the sun shines directly into my room. It's ridiculously warm in my room, and if I open the window in summer, mosquitoes start to come in, and I hate mosquitoes so much, that even one is enough to distract me from everything and anything.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

It goes up by about 10 Celsius in my room when I game haha

Pilates

Yup, especially when my lava lamp is on as well :D

Yup, especially when my lava lamp is on as well :D

I lol'd. Took me back to the 90's.....
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Nope, I'm in the basement and it never gets even remotely warm down here.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

No, because I game on a laptop...An ultra book... The absolute max the power adapter can draw from the wall is 60W and when the battery is not actually charging, it will never draw that. When gaming, the laptop draws an estimated 40ish Watts, so not noticeable...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

I only use exhaust fans in my case so yeah, gets toasty in here.

That won't make it any hotter...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

My office warms up whenever my computers are going.   Gaming makes it worse.    

There have been times I want to try a Water loop ran out to the garage..

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

No because I have air conditioner, it's actually cheaper than build a custom water cooling system with radiator hanging outside.  

although MY most powerful piece of tech is my laptop, i still have like 5 other rigs (one of which is my old 2005 windows xp one. xD the rest are my friends, every day we lan party it up, sadly i dont know thier passwords so i cant use them to game, but hey, they buy me food and games. :D)

, soo... it CAN get toasty here... but i usually wear short shorts and a tshirt. so i rarely notice it getting hotter, even when i do, im still comfortable.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

No because I have air conditioner, it's actually cheaper than build a custom water cooling system with radiator hanging outside.  

lol. linus will eventually save oney doing that. xD

atleast it looks cool.

and so much content for us. ^.^

but yeah, air conditioner. or even just a desk fan...

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Consider my room a sauna...

I have no air-conditioning so with normal temps ranging from 32-37C, the room reaches 36-41C...

Holy crap, and I thought reaching the high twenties was bad >_>

GW2: Vettexl.9726

I already lived in the hottest room in the house and my gaming PC certainly doesn't make that any better. I typically have my door closed and it's been pretty hot this year, so my room gets up in the 90s (Fahrenheit). 

i feel sorry for you...

ever try not wearing clothes? works like a charm... xD

-Jim Hensen

My room temperature doesn't change when I play games. The general ambiance around my computer does (but not often), but the rest of the room does not. There's a couple of things that probably factor into this:

1. It's in my basement, and my basement is always cold.
  2. It's a laptop, and even though it generates a lot of heat when I play games, it doesn't generate nor dissipate as much as an actual gaming desktop would.
  3. Right now, in the summer, our air conditioner is always running, so it stays even cooler than when it is not running.
  4. 90W isn't too terribly much.

I can have several computers running at once and I'll still be needing to wear my sweater and slippers in my basement because its temperature (which is usually about 13-15 degrees Celsius) almost never changes.

I have no signature. There is nothing to see here. Move along.

Yes, my room becomes warmer when I game, around 3°-5° centigrade. I'm using a GTX 770 and a FX 8350: they're enough to generate that much heat.

Not really (in fall/winter it's cold inside and in summer it gets crazy hot anyways)

Lord Pantaloons, on 30 Nov 2014 - 7:32 PM, said: If Lawrence leaves his house and travels at a constant 40 MPH. How long will it take Bill from next door to shove a banana up his mom's rectum?

FX-6300Gigabyte R9 270X 4 GB OCWD Blue 1 TBCorsair Carbide 300RArctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev. 2Silverstone Strider Essential 500WAsus M5A97 R2.0Dell P2314HYamaha HTR-5740Mordaunt-Short Avant 309iSuperlux HD-668 BCooler Master CM Storm Quickfire UltimateGigabyte M6900Oneplus One 64 GB

Do you know how heat works? It's hot and it's being expelled into my room...

Yeah, but positive pressure will do the same thing...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Any 290(x)/295 owners here? It would be interesting to hear from you guys!

I have a 290 and my card never goes above 70 when running all my games at ultra, but my mum actually noticed it the other day she came in and said my room was rather stuffy. Just left my window open for a few hours
Case: Carbide 300R

CPU: i5 4690K @ 3.90GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3

Mobo: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming

GPU: R9 290 Tri-X

PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA NEX650G

Storage: 4TB NAS

Drive 1: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM

Drive 2: WD 500gb 7200RPM

Keyboard: Vengeance K50

Headset: Vengeance 1500 V2

Mouse: R.A.T 5

Monitor: LG 24EN33

It only does when I have my second 780Ti in and the window closed.

Yeah, but positive pressure will do the same thing...

When I switch them to intake fans (not good for the PC mind you, you do NEED an exhaust fan in your PC) my room got cooler....

These we're both during the summer by-the-way.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||