Just a few Qs as I am upgrading my PC

Hi I Got the Corsair 760t (White) and I just need to ask a few Qs

Here are my specs

Cpu : i7 4790k

Mobo : Asus Maximus VII Hero

Gpu : Asus R9 290x 4gb

Ram : Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb 2400mhz

(I was previously using a Corsair Carbide 300r but upgraded to this Beast of a case thx to the many great reviews everywhere including Linus' :P)

1. What Cpu cooler should I get For my cpu as I am planning on running it at 4.6 ghz

2. I will need fans that will have White LED's and it would be good if they would be pwm but not necessarily (no leaf blowers :P)

3. I searched around but I didnt find any High Quality Led Strips (I will only need 2 strips at like 6" long)

4. I will also be upgrading my speakers to something better so if anyone could show me a link to some great and reliable speakers in the 200-300$ range and ones with Good Bass and clarity.

5. I need to ask about the monitor I am looking into it is the Asus PG278Q Rog Swift 27" and if anyone has it could you say if its really worth

Thx :D

1. What Cpu cooler should I get For my cpu as I am planning on running it at 4.6 ghz

Pick the CoolerMaster Seidon 240M

5. I need to ask about the monitor I am looking into it is the Asus PG278Q Rog Swift 27" and if anyone has it could you say if its really worth

look at the PB278Q or the Dell Ultrasharp 27 Inch (the non premiere color ver )

the ROG is worth it if you are using a Geforce GPU because the monitor has G-Sync

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Oh yes I forgot to add what Mouse And Keyboard to get as I currently have the Rat 7 and Logitech G105 and I am looking for an upgrade

1. A h100i should do you really good

2. I'm pretty sure Bitfenix has some white led fans that you could get

5. Look at Linus' review of the rog swift and see what you think of it.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

1) H105 (dual 120) or kraken x61 (dual 140) The x61 performs a bit better than the H105

2) Corsair LED fans :) get quiet edition, not performance

3) Bitfenix Alchemy LED strips, or NZXT Hue if you want RGB

4) Corsair SP2100 speakers http://www.corsair.com/en-ca/gaming-audio-series-sp2500-high-power-2-1-pc-speaker-system

5) It is a great monitor, but you won't be able to use gsync because the 290x is not from nvidia

6) Corsair M65/95 and K70/95 (RGB options coming soon if youre into that)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

hmm so I looked at both of those monitors and I think I will solve this :P Im gonna return my R9 for a Evga 780ti Kingpin as my R9 is only 2 weeks old and I have 10 more days to return it then I can get the Rog as it appeals more to me somehow and anyway thx man as I would have just wasted the whole g-sync thing if u wouldnt have told me :D

And I will either get the razer naga 2014or the M95 as it seems to be way better than the m65 due to the extra buttons ( personal opinion as I tend to use the buttons) and I looked up the razer blackwidow and it appears to be great so that might be the one . thx for the help guys :D

hmm so I looked at both of those monitors and I think I will solve this :P Im gonna return my R9 for a Evga 780ti Kingpin as my R9 is only 2 weeks old and I have 10 more days to return it then I can get the Rog as it appeals more to me somehow and anyway thx man as I would have just wasted the whole g-sync thing if u wouldnt have told me :D

Yup that is a good decision :D the ROG swift is the best gaming monitor on the market right now.

And I will either get the razer naga 2014or the M95 as it seems to be way better than the m65 due to the extra buttons ( personal opinion as I tend to use the buttons) and I looked up the razer blackwidow and it appears to be great so that might be the one . thx for the help guys :D

If you can go to the store and try them out you can see which one you like better. They are both great mice, but they have different ergonomics that appeal to different people.

Ya welcome :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Any suggestions for a good sound card? (pci) I decided that I might as well get a sound card too while im at it :P

Any suggestions for a good sound card? (pci) I decided that I might as well get a sound card too while im at it :P

unless your onboard is not up to standard

dont waste on a sound card

get a USB DAC/AMP

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

No need for a soundcard. Unless your onboard sound has static or hissing, there won't be any difference.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

yea ok but I just read that if I get a sound card that audio will be improved bass will be better and all that stuff but if you say that there wont be a difference I guess why bother then :P and prices arent a problem as I put aside 6k when starting to build my pc and I have spent about 3500 now so yea :P

Hi I Got the Corsair 760t (White) and I just need to ask a few Qs

Here are my specs

Cpu : i7 4790k

Mobo : Asus Maximus VII Hero

Gpu : Asus R9 290x 4gb

Ram : Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb 2400mhz

(I was previously using a Corsair Carbide 300r but upgraded to this Beast of a case thx to the many great reviews everywhere including Linus' :P)

2. I will need fans that will have White LED's and it would be good if they would be pwm but not necessarily (no leaf blowers :P)

3. I searched around but I didnt find any High Quality Led Strips (I will only need 2 strips at like 6" long)

4. I will also be upgrading my speakers to something better so if anyone could show me a link to some great and reliable speakers in the 200-300$ range and ones with Good Bass and clarity.

Thx :D

1. You didn't mention if you want Air Cooling or Liquid, or any. I don't like Water Cooling so I always go with Air Cooling, thus, I recommend the NH-D15. Quiet and strong.

2. Phanteks PH-F140SP have white LEDs, are 140mm and have performance close to some 140mm Noctuas and half the price. If you change your mind and want better stuff, get either PH-F140XP or NF-A14.

3. I guess you can google that but the the only ones I know are these: Phanteks RGB LED strips or amazon.

4. Again, google might help...

5. Nice choice.

Oh yes I forgot to add what Mouse And Keyboard to get as I currently have the Rat 7 and Logitech G105 and I am looking for an upgrade

I love the mechanical keyboard and mouse I have.

Keyboard: Logitech G710+ - It has macros which I use a lot, lightning which is awesome, heavy and sturdy and rubber feet so they won't slip easily on the table and, last but not least, Cherry MX Browns. I love these switches.

Mouse: Razer Mamba - It's the wireless version of the Deathadder, but I use the wireless mode quite often. If you don't need wireless, ever, get the Deathadder. I just love the ergonomics, weight, texture. It's perfect for me and I never had a problem even though it has some bad reviews.

These:

No need for a soundcard. Unless your onboard sound has static or hissing, there won't be any difference.

Don't get a sound card get a dac

Seriously. Believe these guys.

My experience with sound cards is this: I had some compatiblity issues with BF3 and my Realtek on-board sound card/driver and it was impossible to solve. I gave up and bought a cheap ass sound card. Sound quality now is the same as before, or at least I can't tell the difference using my speakers/earbuds/headphones. I just HAD to buy it so that I could play BF3, no sound improvements at all. Sound cards are for people that work with sound in any way like video/sound editing, DJ programs, etc.

You do NOT need one for gaming, you will NOT notice any difference while gaming and, finally, it will make your system hotter and, in some way, get in the way of the airflow, mostly affecting your GPU cooling.

Bottom line: if you get one, it's going to be a waste of money - IMO. Spend the money with a 300$ headphone+mic or headset, way more worth it.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon