NCASE 9 litres SteamBox case - from the makers of the M1

Am I the only one that want's a giant impressive looking ridiculous steam machine in my living room? I want it so that if a console gamer see's it, his eyes bug out.

4LekY5E.jpg

If I saw that in a living room I'd vomit.

its the silver feet that bug me, if they came it black it could at least be stealth

Paint's a thing. Paint's a cheap thing.

Just saying, I bought a PC because a larger case offers the room to run better hardware than the small form factor consoles (which is why they suck, because of the small form factor) so why would anyone be interested in building their own console?

You can fit everything you'd need to beast at 1080p in this case. Why would you need something bigger?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

You can't put a handle on it because the panels are clipped on. There is someone that made a custom bag for ncase m1 that you can buy to carry it around. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1800249

hmm... a bag with space for a 24" screen could be doable without being abnormally big, vesa mount wouldn't be out of the question either i guess...^^

If I saw that in a living room I'd vomit.

Paint's a thing. Paint's a cheap thing.

You can fit everything you'd need to beast at 1080p in this case. Why would you need something bigger?

1. It was a joke lol.

2. Because some games are coming that may require more. Things like Star Citizen where the Dev has outright stated "no single gpu currently on the market will be able to run this game at ultra at 1080p"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1. It was a joke lol.

2. Because some games are coming that may require more. Things like Star Citizen where the Dev has outright stated "no single gpu currently on the market will be able to run this game at ultra at 1080p"

Key being currently. I imagine when the next generation cards, DX12/Mantle support is fully implemented, etc it really won't be that much of an issue.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Key being currently. I imagine when the next generation cards, DX12/Mantle support is fully implemented, etc it really won't be that much of an issue.

Possible, but seeing what they have done, and knowing what they want to do, I really don't doubt their statement, and it's more of a goal for them. They want the game to be ridiculous, which I think is an awesome goal to have.

I actually see DX12 / Mantle demanding even more GPU power, since we'll be breaking free of the limiting CPU bottlenecks that have been holding back developers.

I actually see DX12 / Mantle demanding even more GPU power, since we'll be breaking free of the limiting CPU bottlenecks that have been holding back developers.

I don't think you understand how they work then.

Possible, but seeing what they have done, and knowing what they want to do, I really don't doubt their statement, and it's more of a goal for them. They want the game to be ridiculous, which I think is an awesome goal to have.

As do I, but I still think it'll be very playable on a top end GPU.

Regardless, that's a one off scenario. A huge majority of games will be extremely playable with a system built in this rig.

For those who want more...well...the answer is pretty obvious. However they're also likely playing on a higher pixel density monitor. It's perfect for the audience it's meant for.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Just saying, I bought a PC because a larger case offers the room to run better hardware than the small form factor consoles (which is why they suck, because of the small form factor) so why would anyone be interested in building their own console?

Actually, that is not the only reason they suck. The main reason they suck is that they need to hit an impoverished price point, and as such the two companies configured some really weak APU-based consoles.

It's always been quite easy to exceed the specs of a console in the same form factor by spending more. But now, it is also quite easy to match or exceed the specs of a console in the same form factor by spending less or an equal amount. PC component prices fluctuate, generations come and go, yesterday's performance is always getting cheaper.

Consoles are static.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

They should have put in an integrated SFX PSU. They are expensive as hell and they are difficult to find a good one. EVGA had the right idea when it brought out it's Hardon line.

Yeah, they really do give me a hardon.

Jokes aside, this is really appealing and sexy. I hope the price is right.

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

Yeah, they really do give me a hardon.

Jokes aside, this is really appealing and sexy. I hope the price is right.

Yea I like it to. I like the set top box style they look classy and stealthy.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Love the look and the efficiency, however, when putting something next to a TV, that is the ONE time where an optical drive is actually required. So all these bare-front steamboxes are starting to really annoy the shit out of me.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Love the look and the efficiency, however, when putting something next to a TV, that is the ONE time where an optical drive is actually required. So all these bare-front steamboxes are starting to really annoy the shit out of me.

required? I havent watched a movie from a dvd or blu ray in years :D

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

required? I havent watched a movie from a dvd or blu ray in years :D

Some of us don't use netflix, some still rent movies the old fashioned way.

I, especially now, will not use netflix since they caved to TWC and other ISP's and paid for illegal fast lanes.

Some of us don't use netflix, some still rent movies the old fashioned way.

well I either rent from iTunes or download stuff hosted at uploaded.net ;)

(I also have an obligatory blu-ray player though)

I'd get this and use an external Hotswap drive reader for dual boot Win 9 and Hackintosh

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

No idea what a steam machine is. I think I'm old.  :unsure:

• 6 months later...

They should make this instead (in case someone hasn't posted it already)

YEdQr9F.png

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

There needs to be an archive function in this subforum so that old threads can't be replied to after a week. I understand allowing discussion and all that, but I don't want to see news from six months ago with no updates. For some reason the necroposts have started cropping up and it's incredibly annoying.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

They should make this instead (in case someone hasn't posted it already)

Thats a pretty sexy box too, was it a prototype or something?

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

The Project currently is on hold.

There are a number of aspects and solutions to problems that I'm not totally happy with, and I've come to feel that this form-factor (slim case) really isn't well suited to off the shelf PC hardware. Most of the issues are around airflow and dust filtration, as well as added cost for the riser. My personal interest has also only ever been lukewarm to it, and lately w360 has expressed similar feelings, so the likelihood of it seeing the light of day may be slim at this point. I apologize to those of you who were looking forward to it. I'm not saying it won't happen, just that it won't be soon, at the very least.

Thats a pretty sexy box too, was it a prototype or something?

that is a pretty cheap mockup made ... well ... by me ;)

Does it have room for a corsair H50?

no

Think of the htpc gaming rig you could put in that.. never mind the steam box.

That's more like it. I like the concept behind squeezing as much gaming hardware as possible in tiny spaces.