NCASE 9 litres SteamBox case - from the makers of the M1

Yea all from Silverstone. What if I want a different brand and their prices are absurd. It would be nice if another company came in and made some. EVGA, Corsair someone like theme along with Silverstone. 

1st  none of their prices are absurd

2nd there are SFX PSU available form other brands as well (e.g. BeQuiet!)

3rd this is not meant to be cheap. It will be made out of aluminium (it can't be cheap)

4th you mentioed the included PSU with the Hadron, which is neither good, nor are there really any alternatives for that case. So how would this be better?

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Its nice

but my favourite HTPC case aesthetically is the Moneual 300

mon-300-front.jpg

which is much larger and doesn't take any full heigth gpus ...

different cases for different purposes ...

which is much larger and doesn't take any full heigth gpus ...

different cases for different purposes ...

I know I just wished it looks like it :(

That said the NCASE is pretty freaking tasty

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1st  none of their prices are absurd

2nd there are SFX PSU available form other brands as well (e.g. BeQuiet!)

3rd this is not meant to be cheap. It will be made out of aluminium (it can't be cheap)

4th you mentioed the included PSU with the Hadron, which is neither good, nor are there really any alternatives for that case. So how would this be better?

Sorry I was under the impression that the Hardon PSU was removable and was just standard SFX. And after comparing other SFX PSU's it is a good price but even still there really aren't as many SFX PSU's as I would like.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Sorry I was under the impression that the Hardon PSU was removable and was just standard SFX. And after comparing other SFX PSU's it is a good price but even still there really aren't as many SFX PSU's as I would like.

it is pretty much a hen egg problem ;)

SFX case <-> SFX psu

it is pretty much a hen egg problem ;)

SFX case <-> SFX psu

Well they should probably bring out a PC case that is the same size as this but one that takes a normal PSU.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Hopefully they can make it look as good as the pic from the main post. Gorgeous case in the form factor I want (and likely the size I'd want as well).

I also hope they don't plan on charging massive amounts for it.. I highly doubt the materials are that great and if I want to spend tons, I'll just make a properly ventilated rig that'd never have suicidal thermals.

I also hope they don't plan on charging massive amounts for it.. I highly doubt the materials are that great and if I want to spend tons, I'll just make a properly ventilated rig that'd never have suicidal thermals.

Well it won't be cheap.

Lian Li own PC-Q19 is $149.

(aluminium isnt cheap)

Very compact but looks a little ugly to me. The M1 is expensive to buy and ship to the UK so I'd imagine this will be too. Presumably this is also going to be crowd funded.  

Well it won't be cheap.

Lian Li own PC-Q19 is $149.

(aluminium isnt cheap)

So it definitely will be aluminum? Well..

I think $149 is about my limit for what I'd pay anyway. Luckily for them these pictures are killer.

Looks like the Lian Li PC-Q19 case or at least very similar to it. I Really do like the minimalistic design of them both. Could make some really sweet looking HTPCs and Steam machines.

well the NCASE (like the M1) will most probably manufactured by Lian-Li, and Necere and wahaha360 work closely with them ;)

Still the NCASE steambox design is smaller and fits larger GPUs (although losing support for that 1 3.5" HDD)

I sorta want it. are people finally realizing that most of the HTPC case are ugly or unrealistic?

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Wow you can fit M-ITX in that.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Just saying, I bought a PC because a larger case offers the room to run better hardware than the small form factor consoles (which is why they suck, because of the small form factor) so why would anyone be interested in building their own console?

tool or a troll?

This case would fit and run a Titan Black and a 4790k, but since this hardware would be too shitty for you, what are you running?

tool or a troll?

This case would fit and run a Titan Black and a 4790k, but since this hardware would be too shitty for you, what are you running?

But can it fit two titan blacks?

I'm just saying that a larger case offers more room for hardware, and usually offers better cooling of said hardware.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

But can it fit two titan blacks?

I'm just saying that a larger case offers more room for hardware, and usually offers better cooling of said hardware.

Obviously, but do YOU run two titan blacks? Would you really argue that one titan black and an i7 is equal to a console?

This case is pretty good with airflow since everypart gets fresh air though there won't be alot of headroom for overclocking the CPU, still, for anyone building a LAN pc or a HTPC this case is great and generally for that type of usage you're fine with an i5 + 670 and up.

Your post was a bit uncalled for.. You just bashed every m-itx case ever because you can't run SLI or Crossfire.

Obviously, but do YOU run two titan blacks? Would you really argue that one titan black and an i7 is equal to a console?

This case is pretty good with airflow since everypart gets fresh air though there won't be alot of headroom for overclocking the CPU, still, for anyone building a LAN pc or a HTPC this case is great and generally for that type of usage you're fine with an i5 + 670 and up.

Your post was a bit uncalled for.. You just bashed every m-itx case ever because you can't run SLI or Crossfire.

Actually I am considering getting the Enthoo Mini XL, as long as it can support at least 2 gpu's. I just don't get the "as small as possible" form factors like this, because they will run hotter (vent holes do not equal adequate cooling, something that actually moves a sufficient amount of air does), and have a limited amount of space. To me this is just a "build your own console" case. Besides, is a mid tower really that hard to carry to a LAN party? Just my opinion, to me, it's a waste of money.

Actually I am considering getting the Enthoo Mini XL, as long as it can support at least 2 gpu's. I just don't get the "as small as possible" form factors like this, because they will run hotter (vent holes do not equal adequate cooling, something that actually moves a sufficient amount of air does), and have a limited amount of space. To me this is just a "build your own console" case. Besides, is a mid tower really that hard to carry to a LAN party? Just my opinion, to me, it's a waste of money.

Oh well, my point was at least made, if needed it can blow the shit out of both wallet and consoles.

The cooling will be sufficient for regular 2 slot gpu's (open your sidepanel and disconnect the case fans and then argue with me about the HUGE diffrence it made) but of course the cpu will be the one in trouble.

It looks fantastic for the purpose and if it's not for you than so be it. Even someone with a fettish for V8:s can still be amazed at how fucking great a tesla engine is. 

IMHO the Enthoo Mini XL is just a waste of space unless you actually push the limits of it, I'm the kind of person that loathes something that has no function (great looking design is also a function but that does'nt mean it can justify the need of bigger space. 

Watercool the snot out of that case or it's just unecessary, ofc it's up to you.

Wow, I'm getting this bored huh... Well, your original point has been invalidated and that was my mission for this evening I wish you all the best and that you'll be satisfied with your new case. 

(If it makes any diffrence, I've run a dual gpu setup in an 800D but also dual gpu's in a Core 1000 full waterloop from a phobya 360 on the roof with a reservoir on the top. Space wasting is for newbs.)

zUPRCUu.jpgcibNxf2.jpg

Oh well, my point was at least made, if needed it can blow the shit out of both wallet and consoles.

The cooling will be sufficient for regular 2 slot gpu's (open your sidepanel and disconnect the case fans and then argue with me about the HUGE diffrence it made) but of course the cpu will be the one in trouble.

It looks fantastic for the purpose and if it's not for you than so be it. Even someone with a fettish for V8:s can still be amazed at how fucking great a tesla engine is. 

IMHO the Enthoo Mini XL is just a waste of space unless you actually push the limits of it, I'm the kind of person that loathes something that has no function (great looking design is also a function but that does'nt mean it can justify the need of bigger space. 

Watercool the snot out of that case or it's just unecessary, ofc it's up to you.

Wow, I'm getting this bored huh... Well, your original point has been invalidated and that was my mission for this evening I wish you all the best and that you'll be satisfied with your new case. 

(If it makes any diffrence, I've run a dual gpu setup in an 800D but also dual gpu's in a Core 1000 full waterloop from a phobya 360 on the roof with a reservoir on the top. Space wasting is for newbs.)

-mega snip

That is a sexy looking machine. Why wouldn't you want that in the living room? I would sleep with my computer if it looked like that. Just saying. And to be fair, all I ever really said was "I don't get these". Not "these are stupid/gay/terribad, no one buy them" Just that when you buy a smaller case, there are negatives from doing so. which is true of every single case out there.

195.pngIt's Perfect!!!

Besides, is a mid tower really that hard to carry to a LAN party? Just my opinion, to me, it's a waste of money.

For me it's about having more room in my one suitcase to actually put clothes in when I go visit my family / friends who don't live nearby. (I take the train)

That is a sexy looking machine. Why wouldn't you want that in the living room? I would sleep with my computer if it looked like that. Just saying. And to be fair, all I ever really said was "I don't get these". Not "these are stupid/gay/terribad, no one buy them" Just that when you buy a smaller case, there are negatives from doing so. which is true of every single case out there.

Haha, like i said, it was too big, and well, if I would have slept with it I would have awoken wet, and not in a good way...

But that doesn't make the opposite true, the new antec 1900 is really stupid.

I wonder if one could put a handle on the Ncase LRPC... like an IKEA brushed aluminum kitchen cabinet handle....

Haha, like i said, it was too big, and well, if I would have slept with it I would have awoken wet, and not in a good way...

But that doesn't make the opposite true, the new antec 1900 is really stupid.

I wonder if one could put a handle on the Ncase LRPC... like an IKEA brushed aluminum kitchen cabinet handle....

You can't put a handle on it because the panels are clipped on. There is someone that made a custom bag for ncase m1 that you can buy to carry it around. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1800249

CPU:i7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz |Cooler: Corsair H100i | RAM:16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz |Motherboard:ASUS Maximus VI Impact | GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 780 OC | SSD:Samsung 840 Evo | HDD:2TB Seagate Barracuda |PSU: Corsair CS750M 80 Plus Gold | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy