Something weird about you?

orangecat

I'm extremely afraid of praying mantises. If they pop up on T.v or the internet I actually have a mini heart attack. Have know idea why. can't stand thinking about them either.

I also have necrophobia. Hard to watch CSI sometimes, or the history channel, they always show dead things and mummies.. Odd thing is one of my favorite series is "The Mummy".

I like putting Parmesan cheese in my popcorn :) yum.

I use to have really bad OCD, it's now almost under control completely. But I still do this at times. (I use to do it almost all day) I feel the need to touch each fingertip to the tip of my thumbs. Doing it in order then eccentrically. but I had to do the same fingers ( pointer to thumb on left hand poniter to thumb on right) at the same time.

I keep all the fortune cookie slips in my wallet, the ones I like anyways. To help inspire/motivate and make me smile.

I have been hit by a car 3 times in the past year.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

You don't need to fully understand it to see the beauty of it. Its the fundamentals of the equations that make them so exciting. Like you said, energy equals mass. So everything in the world is made out of energy. At the start of the universe, all there was, was energy. Overtime energy converted into mass. Our bodies convert mass into energy when we eat food. Mass can be turned into energy, burning of fuels etc. Everything is energy. It is the currency that the universe works to. We trade it for mass and we trade mass for energy. We may loose some if its potential (entropy and the usefulness of energy), but 100% of the original energy is still there.

That was all sarcasm, right?

You convert chemical energy into energy used in your body when you eat food. The amount of matter there is constant. (edit: now that I think about it, it's probably not totally constant, but the change is negligible)

You only actually convert mass to energy in some incredibly energetic reactions, such as annihilation and nuclear decay.

I have been hit by a car 3 times in the past year.

No expert obviously but maybe you need to keep an eye out rofl

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I have this ungodly interest in Chemestry, like unbelievable. I spend hours looking at the periodic table and looking up elements. I struggle to remember any of it. I know nothing on the subject, I'm bottom of my Chem class but I still just love it.

Hello. Here are some words.

FX-8150, GTX 670, ASRock 990Fx Extreme4, 8Gb Patriot RAM, 1TB boot and Storage, Windows 7 64Bit

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/85.234.146.76:3062/

No expert obviously but maybe you need to keep an eye out rofl

drivers in la are quite crazy and impatient

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

I have many voices to express sarcasm, stupid anger, being a nerd, etc

i do quality and material checks with my teeth (biting the product can tell you a lot). i am quite a fan of aluminum(especially brushed). i'm a basshead so subwoofers are important always.

ok here is the more strange part of me, a lot of the time i have a second voice in my head with it's own reasoning power. that second voice is there like some kinda error checking/ morality checking/ reality checking/ idea starting system. it comes into play a lot during projects and during free time. this second voice helps me in being an introvert  where i just sit and have constructive conversations about designing stuff.

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

I have this ungodly interest in Chemestry, like unbelievable. I spend hours looking at the periodic table and looking up elements. I struggle to remember any of it. I know nothing on the subject, I'm bottom of my Chem class but I still just love it.

i like physics :)  

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

When i adjust the volume on my TV, i have to have round numbers or fives like 10 or 15.

My god i do this for everything that has numbers! It drives me crazy! Phone, tv, car, laptop, PC, radio!

I wish they all had no indication of numbers or anything, just a endless rotating knob. Would be so much better

3770K | GTX970 | 16GB DDR3 | Corsair RM750

A muscle in my left leg has been constantly twitching(for 3 days now). I can now keep track off time by it.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

I have a really good memory (facts, calculations, past events etc), but I cannot remember peoples names.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I coff with female perfumes...

i do quality and material checks with my teeth (biting the product can tell you a lot). i am quite a fan of aluminum(especially brushed). i'm a basshead so subwoofers are important always.

ok here is the more strange part of me, a lot of the time i have a second voice in my head with it's own reasoning power. that second voice is there like some kinda error checking/ morality checking/ reality checking/ idea starting system. it comes into play a lot during projects and during free time. this second voice helps me in being an introvert  where i just sit and have constructive conversations about designing stuff.

I and I'm sure most everyone on this forum gets their best ideas when just sitting and thinking to themselves. Everything you mentioned I'm assuming is pretty common in most people, that sort of morality check. I like to think of it sometimes in Freud's terms of the Id, Ego, and Superego, where it's basically goodie-two-shoes, pure evil, and an equal moderation that results. Ahh, the wonders of psychology.... I guess that's one thing about me. I am fascinated by thinking about how people think. I am more of an observer than a do-er, and do very rigorous personality assessments of people from the little snippets of information I get from them. I always try to imagine things from other people's point of view, sometimes more than my own.

System specs:  CPU: AMD Phenom II x3 705e unlocked to x4 overclocked to 2.8GHz   |   MB: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS   |   Cooler: Hyper 212+   |   GPU: MSI GTX 560ti OC to 910Mhz   |   RAM: 8GB PNY DDR3 1333   |   HDDS: WD Caviar Blue 320GB, Hitachi 500GB HDD   |   PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W   |   Peripherals: Microsoft wireless mouse, old mac keyboard, ASUS VS238H, Gateway FPD2275W, some speakers, Logitech Driving Force Pro

I enjoy pretty much all music except your average day pop crap.

(Literally anything from Bach to Rammstein.)

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

19 Year old who loves Victoria Justice and her recent cancellation of the TV Show Victorious. But I also love Gaming and Technology. Its weird. 

Diamond Cube https://pcpartpicker.com/b/wvPscf 

Diamond 2.0 The FX Rev 2.0 http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z6sMLk

The only Ryce that can Make It Shine Gamer plus a Student Games,Tech,and everything in Between. Showing all Love to@victoriajustice

I never buy my computer parts, peripherals and other devices on retailers. I personally get them from factories. Try to guess or don't guess how I get them  in 1 quantiiy.  :D

How? Sounds super cheap.

PC: EVGA GTX680, i5 2500K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Gigabyte Z68-GA-UD3P, 120GB OCZ SSD, 2x1TB WD Greens, Corsair 600t, Corsair AX750, Corsair H100i, ASUS MX239H, Corsair K60 + M60. 

That was all sarcasm, right?

You convert chemical energy into energy used in your body when you eat food. The amount of matter there is constant.

You only actually convert mass to energy in some incredibly energetic reactions, such as annihilation and nuclear decay.

No it wasn't sarcasm (you already knew that) but I could have made a serious facepalm in there (I did say I am no expert). I think you may have misunderstood me as well though. I didn't mean a direct conversion of mass into energy (which would be nuclear reactions). I still could be completely wrong so I will try sort this out by asking you some questions.

What about the heat energy that is given off (fuel, people etc.)? Heat has no mass as heat is energy. When we burn fat in our bodies, what happens? We convert the fat in our bodies into energy via a chemical reaction but heat energy is still given off that wasn't there before? Where did the energy come from? The amount of mass lost would not be measurable. So little energy is given off compared to nuclear reactions that the amount of mass used would be many orders of magnitude less.  

Again I could be completely wrong but I never said I was always right. 

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

No it wasn't sarcasm (you already knew that) but I could have made a serious facepalm in there (I did say I am no expert). I think you may have misunderstood me as well though. I didn't mean a direct conversion of mass into energy (which would be nuclear reactions). I still could be completely wrong so I will try sort this out by asking you some questions.

What about the heat energy that is given off (fuel, people etc.)? Heat has no mass as heat is energy. When we burn fat in our bodies, what happens? We convert the fat in our bodies into energy via a chemical reaction but heat energy is still given off that wasn't there before? Where did the energy come from? The amount of mass lost would not be measurable. So little energy is given off compared to nuclear reactions that the amount of mass used would be many orders of magnitude less.  

Again I could be completely wrong but I never said I was always right. 

When you burn a chemcial, the chemical goes from a high energy state to a lower energy state. The energy comes from the bonding of the atoms.

There probably is some amount of mass lost when the bond is broken, but the majority of the energy that is released or absorbed in a reaction is from the bonds breaking and forming. It's only when you do something like fusion that the mass-energy equivalence becomes significant, and even then, the atoms may only be losing a hundredth of a proton's mass.

I always get a drink of water at 4 am every night.

I and I'm sure most everyone on this forum gets their best ideas when just sitting and thinking to themselves. Everything you mentioned I'm assuming is pretty common in most people, that sort of morality check. I like to think of it sometimes in Freud's terms of the Id, Ego, and Superego, where it's basically goodie-two-shoes, pure evil, and an equal moderation that results. Ahh, the wonders of psychology.... I guess that's one thing about me. I am fascinated by thinking about how people think. I am more of an observer than a do-er, and do very rigorous personality assessments of people from the little snippets of information I get from them. I always try to imagine things from other people's point of view, sometimes more than my own.

i also do that, like if i am in disagreement with someone i try to understand the other person's point of view as well as their state of mind. This usually results in the argument not ever starting. 

I brush my teeth while Im in the shower. Is that weird?  :wacko:

CPU: AMD FX 6100 Stock - MB: Asus M5A97 EVO - RAM: AMD Memory Entertainment Edition 2x4 GB 1600 MHz - PSU: Topower 650W NANO - SSD: Samsung 840 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500 GB 7200 RPM - GPU: Sapphire HD 7770 Vapor - X OC - CASE: Aerocool Strike - X Advance (Red/Black) - OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64

I enjoy pretty much all music except your average day pop crap.

(Literally anything from Bach to Rammstein.)

I definitely know what you are talking about. I feel the exact same way.