What is Warning Point?

CaffienatedBovine

suckups??? anyways even if torrent can be used for p2p and stuff its still kinda illegal and to post stuff like that bring's a bad underdog feel to the forum

No. Posting torrent news is not illegal, Linus and Luke even talk about them on the show.

suckups??? anyways even if torrent can be used for p2p and stuff its still kinda illegal and to post stuff like that bring's a bad underdog feel to the forum 

dude dildo is trolling. noone gets banned for posting news about torrent services, there is a ton of stuff being talked about, linus and luke regularly talk about bittorrent and pirate bay on WAN. what gets you warning points is posting requests for pirated material, as well as posting it

damn you @-TesseracT-

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

No. Posting torrent news is not illegal, Linus and Luke even talk about them on the show.

yup i know that.... but then why was that guy banned, i meant by illegal 90% of the time torrent technology(p2p) is used for piracy not that i hate it but still 

dude dildo is trolling. noone gets banned for posting news about torrent services, there is a ton of stuff being talked about, linus and luke regularly talk about bittorrent and pirate bay on WAN. what gets you warning points is posting requests for pirated material, as well as posting it

damn you @-TesseracT-

so why was he banned 

Torrents news. Like when the pirate bay went down 69lover showed a post about it being back up. I was happy.

But then the suckups arrived and reported it for piracy or some stupid crap.

The suckups can't understand that torrents does not equal piracy. They also can't understand that you can post news you just cannot post cracks and torrent links themselves.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

so why was he banned 

going against the CoC on multiple times and being an asshat in general. i cant say more without breaking the CoC though

Torrents news. Like when the pirate bay went down 69lover showed a post about it being back up. I was happy.

But then the suckups arrived and reported it for piracy or some stupid crap.

The suckups can't understand that torrents does not equal piracy. They also can't understand that you can post news you just cannot post cracks and torrent links themselves.

and you dont understand that mods dont just see a report and issue warnings based on what it says. they read the thread and jointly decide whether that deems a warning point or not. ;)

edit: and sometimes they will also pm you, discuss the thing you did and so on 

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

going against the CoC on multiple times and being an asshat in general. i cant say more without breaking the CoC though

and you dont understand that mods dont just see a report and issue warnings based on what it says. they read the thread and jointly decide whether that deems a warning point or not. ;)

edit: and sometimes they will also pm you, discuss the thing you did and so on 

asshat???examples

asshat???

aka asshole. just check his posts. lots of trolling, very little serious content. same with Cokeman

Of course I can't possible understand how a moderator can report possibly objectionable content.

Guess I haven't been around long enough then.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I got none bby

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Of course I can't possible understand how a moderator can report possibly objectionable content.

Guess I haven't been around long enough then.

im not sure whether this is sarcastic... if it is, well GG

if its not, the way it works is, there wont just be one mod deciding a certain post needs a warning point (unless its clear like me telling patrick he is a fucking moron and should stop taking my oxygen), he will review it, and then ask for opinion of others. sometimes the mod will make a pm with other mods and you, and discuss the problem as well. atleast thats how ive seen it work so far

im not sure whether this is sarcastic... if it is, well GG

if its not, the way it works is, there wont just be one mod deciding a certain post needs a warning point (unless its clear like me telling patrick he is a fucking moron and should stop taking my oxygen), he will review it, and then ask for opinion of others. sometimes the mod will make a pm with other mods and you, and discuss the problem as well. atleast thats how ive seen it work so far

cool,hope i don't get any warning points and break the coc 

cool,hope i don't get any warning points and break the coc 

QS3OuOI.gif]

And you will be "ok". and change that username

Wow, what a necro.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

yup i know that.... but then why was that guy banned, i meant by illegal 90% of the time torrent technology(p2p) is used for piracy not that i hate it but still

Wait was he? Omg

damn you @-TesseracT-

Why damn me? :(

Wait was he? Omg

yeah he was atleast thats what these guys are saying... i don't know for sure never seen his profile,looks as if he really pissed the admins off 

Wait was he? Omg

yes :3

Why damn me? :(

ninja f4g90t :P

i forsee a lock

Just to clarify, posting torrent news is perfectly acceptable as long as you link to news sites (such as torrent freak) and not directly to the website distributing illegal content.

Please try to stay on topic @LukaP and others.

HTTP/2 203

Wow, what a necro.

I didn't even notice until you pointed it out. dayum. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch