Going To The Grocery Store When You're Hungry

Geekazoid

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd ask you all. Have you ever gone to the grocery store when you were hungry?

You usually end up buying ridiculous things. Not good. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Too lazy to do that :P besides there is always SOMETHING in the house, even if its just bread and I just make toast

mm

toast

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yea but if you go to grocery store when you are full then you just sit there like fuck this shit I'm not spending no money, I'm not even hungry!

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

It's far from my house, about half a mile to the nearest gas station shop where they sell food and 3/4 mile to the nearest grocery store. 

I'm always hungry.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Yeah, it's near my place , 5min walk....

usually I get a gallon of ice cream if I'm bored, and after I eat a cup of it, I realize why did I buy a gallon....

It's far from my house, about half a mile to the nearest gas station shop where they sell food and 3/4 mile to the nearest grocery store.

I was't asking where your nearest grocery store is but rather going to the grocery store when you're hungry. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I go to the grocery, look in my wallet, then walk out not hungry anymore... rinse and repeat...

I was't asking where your nearest grocery store is but rather going to the grocery store when you're hungry. ;)

NO, i got a pantry and garage full of food but i sometimes go to target few times a week to buy snacks. 

That takes me 40 minutes (by car) or more to come back home from the store.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I've walked to the corner shop on occasions to get a choccy bar.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I live in a relatively close-knit community, so I can bike to most everything.
I go to the meat market hungry sometimes just so I can know exactly what I'm hungry for, and what looks good.

As for the local supermarket, I guess the sonic in the same parking lot is making them lose money  :P

Woo!

It's always filled with regret. I end up buying one of those giant boxes of hot pockets and going through half of it in a day.

That takes me 40 minutes (by car) or more to come back home from the store.

40 minute drive or 40 minutes total?

The store is half a mile away from me :)

Took me 1h walk to get to the supermarket, as I was a fatty at the time I thought if I want to eat at 1AM then I'm going to walk for 1h to it. :D Paid off though, that attitude got me to loose close to 20kg. :D

That's why you make a grocery list and grab a bite to eat on the way there. It balances things out/

i dont go to the grocery store i just end up raiding the fridge and let my mom go to the market when im super hungry, oh what a great son i am :S

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Not really. Supermarkets are full of people and I can't drive so it takes 15 or so minutes to walk there, and why would I do that when I generally have stuff at home.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

It's always filled with regret. I end up buying one of those giant boxes of hot pockets and going through half of it in a day.

40 minute drive or 40 minutes total?

40 minutes total.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

I go to costco all the time when I'm hungry. You lack discipline!

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Oh that's not too bad.

Given the fact Slovenia is less than 300 km across from one end to the other... that's a lot. 

Spoiler

Given the fact Slovenia is less than 300 km across from one end to the other... that's a lot. 

Wow, Phoenix is at least double that distance away. I forgot that perceived distance varies by where you live.

Not much. I only walk to a grocery store when I'm hungry if there's no food in the house (that means not even emergency food rations) and/or if I have money. It's just a ~10 minute walk / ~5 minute run to the nearest grocery store. It's about 2 - 3 minute run to the nearest gas station with Subway, Hesburger, some crappy pizza restaurant and a small store, but it's expensive.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.