Why do you love pcs/ your pc in general?

cnapier39428

I love my pc because as much money as I have in my 2 video cards alone I could have purchased a ps4, xbone, a bunch of good games, and a decent tv and if I could go back and do it over I'd buy the same thing!

Because customization and versatility.  

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

I could kill a person with it...

Uh, I mean. I can watch videos on it.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

She's a PC which I poured blood, sweat, and tears into... Hence the love...

For PCs in general, I don't know... I started to like them when I was still on my first system... There's this rush of happiness after building/fixing/cleaning it and that first POST beep that makes you want to scream "IT'S ALIVE!!"...

i have a love hate relationship with mine, it sucks, but i dont want it to die, because i cant afford a new one... yet...

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Because i never ever have to worry about heat but I always have to worry about my computer completely dying.

Earlier today, my dad flooded a part of the upstairs and water started dripping down into the basement. I was playing BF4 when I hear liquid splashing about the floor. So I jump up and almost yank the plug from my PC before I realize that it is just water leaking from the ceiling 10 feet to my left. The constant worry is what I love, somehow.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Because customization and versatility.

She's a PC which I poured blood, sweat, and tears into... Hence the love...

For PCs in general, I don't know... I started to like them when I was still on my first system... There's this rush of happiness after building/fixing/cleaning it and that first POST beep that makes you want to scream "IT'S ALIVE!!"...

i have a love hate relationship with mine, it sucks, but i dont want it to die, because i cant afford a new one... yet...

Because i never ever have to worry about heat but I always have to worry about my computer completely dying.

Earlier today, my dad flooded a part of the upstairs and water started dripping down into the basement. I was playing BF4 when I hear liquid splashing about the floor. So I jump up and almost yank the plug from my PC before I realize that it is just water leaking from the ceiling 10 feet to my left. The constant worry is what I love, somehow.

I love having a mostly awesome community like LinusTechTips! :) Also I like using something that I have made myself and not some stupid company like Acer or HP

All of these comments, yes! This is what being a pc enthusiast is all about!

Because it's all jacked up.

Where are the 900D and table pc owners at..?

because it's my views on the world, my views on ideas, my opinions, my choices and details all in one place.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Now, brace yourselves, because this is going to get a little weird...

That feeling of having a quad-core-ish-frankenstein laptop that can turbo to 3.2GHz... and then throwing an SSD in there... and watching it boot up in well under twenty seconds... such a good feeling. I can feel the soft roar of its fan as it, in it's AMD style, ignores the fact that it is trying to cool itself through a mattress and a blanket and presses on like the brave little trooper that it is. It is my faithful workhorse when I need to encode a video quickly on the move. It is my partner in crime, my comfort when times are hard, my security item when nights are dark and the nightmares are darker, it is (literally) my personal heater during cold winters nights, especially when using Handbrake.

my desktop is sitting back home on my desk 10,000 miles away being drooled on by my younger brother, who has now moved into my bedroom. I fear for my beloved graphics card and PSU. the rest of the system can go burn in the fires of mordor, but the GPU and the PSU to me are two of those things, you know, that make you always wonder "ooh, is it okay, it is alright, is it still alive? I hope it doesn't feel lonely without me..."

That's why i like computers. When you build one yourself, or you have a laptop that you tweaked yourself to the point that it no longer resembles what it came in the box as, you give it a soul. You worry about it, you feel sad when it's not there and you're genuinely happy when it is. You cannot do that with a console.

My netbook won't fucking die no matter what I do to it. Same with my Dell.

But again, my netbook is really reliable and doesn't really care what I do to it, so long as I take care of it somewhat.

And my Dell now... It's been folding all day, and the fan is hardly going any faster than it's idle state.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (9TB partition for general storage + 2TB partition for dumping ground), 4x 8TB WD White Label/Red (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700, 2x16GB Mushkin Redline (stuck at 2133MHz CL13), 240GB Corsair MP510, 130w Dell power brick, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I love my pc because it was my first gaming pc rig i ever built. other ones were for internet browsing and some school work. 

I love my pc because I spent so much time waiting and planning for it.  2 years I have waited for this.

INTEL i7 4790K | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X GAMING 5 | A-DATA 16GB | PCS+ R9 290 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO | MOMENTUS XT BARRACUDA |  FRACTAL DESIGN R4

I love Macs and PCs. 

PCs for program/application support

Macs for the aesthetics. Apple really knows how to make a nice design even if it's more expensive then most PCs.

I think I could see myself owning an iMac and a MacBook Pro and something I built for my PC option. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

DEM GAMES! THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT BABY!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Now, brace yourselves, because this is going to get a little weird...

That feeling of having a quad-core-ish-frankenstein laptop that can turbo to 3.2GHz... and then throwing an SSD in there... and watching it boot up in well under twenty seconds... such a good feeling. I can feel the soft roar of its fan as it, in it's AMD style, ignores the fact that it is trying to cool itself through a mattress and a blanket and presses on like the brave little trooper that it is. It is my faithful workhorse when I need to encode a video quickly on the move. It is my partner in crime, my comfort when times are hard, my security item when nights are dark and the nightmares are darker, it is (literally) my personal heater during cold winters nights, especially when using Handbrake.

my desktop is sitting back home on my desk 10,000 miles away being drooled on by my younger brother, who has now moved into my bedroom. I fear for my beloved graphics card and PSU. the rest of the system can go burn in the fires of mordor, but the GPU and the PSU to me are two of those things, you know, that make you always wonder "ooh, is it okay, it is alright, is it still alive? I hope it doesn't feel lonely without me..."

That's why i like computers. When you build one yourself, or you have a laptop that you tweaked yourself to the point that it no longer resembles what it came in the box as, you give it a soul. You worry about it, you feel sad when it's not there and you're genuinely happy when it is. You cannot do that with a console.

This Was the Most Beautiful Peace Of Literature I Have Ever Read 

I spent big cash on it. And it gives me almost everything i need, except of course, food and sex. Hahaha ;)

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Well, it gives all that I desire to do on it, I can render and edit photos, do some gaming, watch videos/livestreams and just beat the living crap out of it with it going on doing it's job. Also is almost always will be there. Except the few issues and quirks here and there.
It also lets me have fun times with friends, and have new yet nice experiences, but tends to be pushed to it's limits a lot.
Is even able to be setup the way I want it. Especially since I'm upgrading soon! It's in my signature, but what isn't is that I'll be getting a 128GB Plextor M6S SSD, but this case and GPU will need to be changed eventually.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

my razer blade is my best friend, when others abandon me, i will always have the ltt community and my pc

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

My netbook won't fucking die no matter what I do to it.

I bet it would if you frisbeed it off a skyscraper

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I bet it would if you frisbeed it off a skyscraper

Netbooks are unkillable demons. Everyone despises them with a flaming passion because they have weak-ass Atoms, but no matter what I do to them, they just keep coming back to haunt me.

Netbooks are the only thing about Asus I have ever despised with all my hatred. Go on. Mention Eees. Your fate would be better if you said "eMachine."

Netbooks are unkillable demons. Everyone despises them with a flaming passion because they have weak-ass Atoms, but no matter what I do to them, they just keep coming back to haunt me.

Netbooks are the only thing about Asus I have ever despised with all my hatred. Go on. Mention Eees. Your fate would be better if you said "eMachine."

I miss my old EEE 7", the origional with 600mhz processor, we had it overclocked to 900mhz and would play HALO CE multiplayer during lunch, also we all swapped our black keyboard and battery with our friends for the white one, so we had them in two tone..... was so fun (there were for of us on LAN)

Actually tempted to buy one again just because it was so quirky

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii