What desktop graphic card does gtx780m compare to?

"Default settings used" = default settings, including resolution. ALL three firestrike links use default resolution. There is NOTHING else on that list to suggest they used different resolutions. Stop lying and pulling transparent straws from your hats just because you've been proven wrong. It takes a hexacore i7 at 5GHz and SERIOUSLY OC'd 760s especially with a pretty unrealistic memory clock to beat the 780Ms in fire strike, and the 660Tis can't even do it. You've been proven wrong. Unless you have some other proof that you have neglected to bring to the table aside from your gpuboss links, which don't even touch the modified vBIOS, which prevents unnecessary throttling of the card when not at the heat limit of 92 degrees celcius?

Buuuut if you had that, you'd have shown it already. So you don't. So stop giving people the incorrect idea. Laptop hardware is stronger than you want to admit. Deal with it instead of spreading misinformation.

Default settings are 1080P but if lap-top can't do 1080P default is 720P and scores are higher which is what you've linked...explain this now...read full review, some results:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7287/analyzing-the-price-of-mobility-desktops-vs-laptops/3

Capture1.jpg

Capture2.jpg

The fastest mobile GPU we have right now, the GeForce GTX 780M, ends up delivering performance that falls roughly half way between the GTX 660 and GTX 760, or if we look at the Digital Storm system Dustin tested, it offers 60-70% of the performance of that desktop.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7287/analyzing-the-price-of-mobility-desktops-vs-laptops/3

the GTX Titan nearly doubles the performance of the GTX 780M, and even SLI GTX 780M isn’t likely to beat a Titan on a consistent basis.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

GTX770/680 I think (it's a full gk104) but with a heavy clock nerf so it's probably closer to 760. it throttles like mad it seems also

it falls in between the GTX 660 and GTX 760, every review websites confirms these results.

It's still a full GK104 :P

just heavily nerfed.

yes, it starts closer to the 760 performance at fresh and after a couple minutes of BF4 online you get throttled down to about a GTX 660 and it stays there...my girlfriend's alienware has this exact card in it and it wont max out BF4 at 720P 4xMSAA...

A single 780ti destroys two of these 780M in SLI:

A single 660ti is also better than a 780M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOvWqBMq-s4

Yes, please, show me more benchmarks from people using the stock vBIOS on a 780M (which I said should never be used earlier in this thread) and overclocked i7-3960X CPUs with a 760 to get better results on the desktop card. I already told you that once you put the vBIOS on, you can OC it and it WILL act exactly like a 680. I've shown you benchmarks where people with HEAVILY overclocked 660Tis cannot beat it in firestrike, and the only way to make 760s beat them is to use a 5GHz i7-3930K with THE largest memory clock I've ever seen on a GPU, at 14512MHz.

yes, it starts closer to the 760 performance at fresh and after a couple minutes of BF4 online you get throttled down to about a GTX 660 and it stays there...my girlfriend's alienware has this exact card in it and it wont max out BF4 at 720P 4xMSAA...

Also, just because your girlfriend doesn't know how to take care of her card doesn't mean the card sucks. I can play BF4 on ultra at 1080p easy without going below 60fps, and that's without even overclocking my cards. And BF4 is probably overheating her CPU too, I bet.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Yes, please, show me more benchmarks from people using the stock vBIOS on a 780M (which I said should never be used earlier in this thread) and overclocked i7-3960X CPUs with a 760 to get better results on the desktop card. I already told you that once you put the vBIOS on, you can OC it and it WILL act exactly like a 680. I've shown you benchmarks where people with HEAVILY overclocked 660Tis cannot beat it in firestrike, and the only way to make 760s beat them is to use a 5GHz i7-3930K with THE largest memory clock I've ever seen on a GPU, at 14512MHz.

Also, just because your girlfriend doesn't know how to take care of her card doesn't mean the card sucks. I can play BF4 on ultra at 1080p easy without going below 60fps, and that's without even overclocking my cards. And BF4 is probably overheating her CPU too, I bet.

you're a troll go away...i proved what had to be proven to you, your card is no better than a 760 (BTW 760's can ALSO be overclocked...)

A single 780ti destroys two of these 780M in SLI:

A single 660ti is also better than a 780M

Oh yes I'm not doubting the card has very low performance compared to a desktop models, I'm just pointing out it is still a desktop gpu so maybe with properly cooled laptops (750jz) we'd see better perf :P

you're a troll go away...i proved what had to be proven to you, your card is no better than a 760 (BTW 760's can ALSO be overclocked...)

Ok then. Denounce these, from someone who actually knows what to do with the card.

Unigine Valley 1.0 Extreme HD preset

Unigine Heaven 4.0 Extreme HD preset

The benchmark shots here are all BELOW 680 clocks for each card

Batman: Arkham City

Batman: Arkham Origins

Bioshock Infinite

Metro 2033

Metro Last Light

Resident Evil 6 (680 core clocks, not memory)

Tomb Raider

And these were all done back in September of 2013, so they might even run better now with more driver optimizations.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday