LTT LAN Party anyone?

So on the Live Stream week before last, I think, Slick brought up how geeks don't really come together that often anymore and that LAN parties are becoming less frequent due to the rise in online gaming.

So I was wondering would you guys be willing to travel to Canada or the USA for a LTT LAN Party? (The USA probably makes more sense, because international flights there are SO much cheaper.) 

If so, what sorta stuff would you like to see? What games? Ect. 

Cheers.

PS 

I do get that to an extent it would depend on the time year due to peoples work and schooling, but in theory.

A massive Minecraft LAN party doing a Hunger Games mode would be amazing.

Maybe BF3 if the party is big enough, CS:S/CS:GO(CS 1.6?), Halo:CE, classics like Quake...

I can't travel, I don't have money...

A massive Minecraft LAN party doing a Hunger Games mode would be amazing.

Maybe BF3 if the party is big enough, CS:S/CS:GO(CS 1.6?), Halo:CE, classics like Quake...

I can't travel, I don't have money...

Sorry to hear that.. I just noticed your ' Sontaran' label thing. Is Dr. Who aired in the US?

I would love to but I'm pretty much busy year round because of college.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Sorry to hear that.. I just noticed your ' Sontaran' label thing. Is Dr. Who aired in the US?

It is, but I watch it on Netflix :D

Not that I know of, but it's on Netflix :D

Yeah, I would have been uite surprised if it was. :P

I live in the US and i dont have money to travel anywhere else so ya but OMG that would be cool i want to see is whaler is actually a whaler :)

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

ya it is. i watch it all the time. you really think they would hide that from us?

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

ya it is. i watch it all the time. you really think they would hide that from us?

Well I guess not, but I just never really thought of it as something many Americans would watch, because of all the types of programs made in America. I guess I should endevour to have a more open mind. :)

I would have to say no. But I still think you guys should host one!

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull

I live in Asia, flight tickets to the US would cost me a fortune. Plus, im a college student doing part time job as a IT technician and system builder.. I dont really have that kinda money...

The Internet is invented by cats. Why? Why else would it have so much cat videos?

Well I guess not, but I just never really thought of it as something many Americans would watch, because of all the types of programs made in America. I guess I should endevour to have a more open mind. :)

ya we do have stupid crap but us sophisticated 'muricans like to indulge in some good television broadcasts from time to time *sips iced tea*

post-7522-0-44515800-1369558027.jpg

There's lots of Aussies on here. Would you North American types travel here for a LAN? :D

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

There's lots of Aussies on here. Would you North American types travel here for a LAN? :D

I'm from the UK, but quite possibly, if I could find the money, I'd just do the LAN and then make a holiday of the trip, or maybe the other way around..

I'm from eu so traveling to usa/can just for lan party is not an option. I have been in both countrys and I have to say that I enjoyed Toronto the most.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Do it in Aussie. At least its cheaper for me :P

Its like 2-3k for flights to the US from New Zealand.

Some news for you guys. Soon, probably toward the end of this year I plan to start doing a few games in groups. Halo CE, DayZ. I probably won't host them but I'll certainly be down to play against some of you guys and organise things. :)

I don't have the money to do it... but if there was a live stream of it, I'd watch it :)

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

why not do an internet LAN... rather then going somewhere for this seeing this is a international site and it would be easier for people.

i wouldnt mind going to it though when i had spare money

Character artist in the Games industry.

Im more than happy to go to a UK based lan, but i feel traveling to the USA and bringing my computer is pretty unreasonable :(

Im considering buying a vent/mumble/ts2 server so people can get together, talk and play. Maybe this is something I should discuss with the mod/admin teams. (does the server running the forum have the capability to run a server?)

CM Cosmos 2 - I5 3570k @ 4.4ghz - Corsair H100 - ASUS Maximus V Formula - 16gb Corsair Vengeance Ram - 128GB Intel SSD - 500gb Western Digital HDD - Saphire Radeon HD 6950 2gb (Flashed with HD6970 bios  + Arctic cooling acellero cooler) -  

Some news for you guys. Soon, probably toward the end of this year I plan to start doing a few games in groups. Halo CE, DayZ. I probably won't host them but I'll certainly be down to play against some of you guys and organise things. :)

I really need to find my old CE install disk ¬_¬

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

why not do an internet LAN... rather then going somewhere for this seeing this is a international site and it would be easier for people.

i wouldnt mind going to it though when i had spare money

LTT brand servers! for pretty much every game, hosted my members of the forum!

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

LTT brand servers! for pretty much every game, hosted my members of the forum!

more or less, could do a Hawken server, and a TF2 server for tests to see how popular it is

Character artist in the Games industry.

I'd travel to the us, but having it in Canada makes more sense (since LMG is operated here). :P

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB