Z97 Mobo (Asrock vs MSI)

Well I just need help with the mobo this time. 

What should I get?
Asrock z97 fatality killer or the MSI Z97 gaming 3???

Keep Moving Forward...

msi

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

I would get the MSI board.

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

Either. Both are good. The ASRock hate is underserved. I have a couple of friends running their boards. They do a good job. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

I never understood why people hate Asrock so much... I would say get whichever is cheaper or more appealing to you.

Can't tell you about AsRock,but i have a MSI Z77,and Z87-GD65.Really good motherboards,no problems what so ever.

CM Storm Trooper| Asua Maximum VII Formula| 4770k H100i|Kingston Beast 32GB|Samsung Evo 250GB SSD|Seagate 3TB|EVGA Kingpin Edition 780 Ti(SLI)|Sound Blaster Z|Corsair 1200i

Samsung U28D590D | Corsair K70 | Razer Naga Hex | Kingston Hyper X Gaming Headset

ASRock is just... Cheap...

No.

4770k Delid @ 4.5Ghz/1.25V w/ NH-D15, Maximus VII Hero, HyperX Beast 8GB 1600Mhz, GTX770 DCII OC, Strider Gold S 750W, 120GB 840 EVO, 2TB Barracuda, No case : D

Quickfire TK (MX Brown), Naos 7000, 128GB Surface Pro 2, 32GB G2 With Lightning Rom V4

Well I have a Asrock Z77 Pro4 myself and this particular board is crap. The VRMs on it overheat with 1.2V+ on the CPU and force it to clock down even though the CPU itself is at 70°C. 

Unacceptable for a Z-Series Motherboard in my opinion. I don't know if they have improved their products but I wouldn't buy the low-end Z-Series boards personally. 

They are both good in build quality and features. Don't let ASRock haters do mind games on you. 

Choose the one cheaper / better looking for you.

Well I have a Asrock Z77 Pro4 myself and this particular board is crap. The VRMs on it overheat with 1.2V+ on the CPU and force it to clock down even though the CPU itself is at 70°C. 

Unacceptable for a Z-Series Motherboard in my opinion. I don't know if they have improved their products but I wouldn't buy the low-end Z-Series boards personally. 

its 4+2 power phase design and you want to overclock it much? It's normal to overheat the VRM's.

Also, the motherboard build quality for all brands is so much better after the 7x's chips.

its 4+2 power phase design and you want to overclock it much? It's normal to overheat the VRM's.

Also, the motherboard build quality for all brands is so much better after the 7x's chips.

Well if you call 1.2V "overclock it much"? Some motherboards will use that voltage on stock just saying... 

I'm not hating on Asrock and it is possible that they improved quality, I'm just saying my particular board is shit and I'd be careful buying a low-end Asrock board.

Anyone with any ounce of sense knows that ASRock is complete and total garbage, stay away, stay far far away.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

No.

The cheaper ASRock motherboards aren't that great...

The cheaper ASRock motherboards aren't that great...

Well he isn't exactly looking at "cheaper" motherboards if he is buying a Z97 chipset one. I would probably agree with their some lower end boards that cost like 60 bucks that they aren't probably very good choices. But I have had a very positive experience with AsRock Zxx series ones. (To be honest, I owned a Asrock Z77E-ITX and Asrock Z77 OC Formula and I had far better user experience that I have had with my current Gigabyte one, both of those I got for cheaper as my current one aswell.)

4770k Delid @ 4.5Ghz/1.25V w/ NH-D15, Maximus VII Hero, HyperX Beast 8GB 1600Mhz, GTX770 DCII OC, Strider Gold S 750W, 120GB 840 EVO, 2TB Barracuda, No case : D

Quickfire TK (MX Brown), Naos 7000, 128GB Surface Pro 2, 32GB G2 With Lightning Rom V4

That's been well-documented as a one-off board with issues. Every company has a board like that once in a while.

The MSI Gaming series below the Gaming 7 have been bricking lately in BIOS updates, and you will find some in the forums. I would not go with the Gaming 3 unless you can get one with the BIOS updated already.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Anyone with any ounce of sense knows that ASRock is complete and total garbage, stay away, stay far far away.

This is B.S.. Asrock was founded by experts who broke away from ASUS due to its poor customer treatment. The quality is comparable to MSI, gigabyte, and Asus, and Asrock is innovating such as with the Ultra M.2 revision which Asus has now bought a license to recreate on its boards going forward.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

This is B.S.. Asrock was founded by experts who broke away from ASUS due to its poor customer treatment. The quality is comparable to MSI, gigabyte, and Asus, and Asrock is innovating such as with the Ultra M.2 revision which Asus has now bought a license to recreate on its boards going forward.

DA3gcaL.jpg

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Cute.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/asus_reportedly_talks_acquire_motherboard_maker_asrock

Asus originally created Asrock as an entry-level mobo maker while Asus could focus on the high end. Asrock didn't like the way Asus support treated both its own (Asus) and their customers. They split off.

You're new here, and I'm a dick, but you should have some sources in place before you call me stupid/a liar.

Cute.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/asus_reportedly_talks_acquire_motherboard_maker_asrock

Asus originally created Asrock as an entry-level mobo maker while Asus could focus on the high end. Asrock didn't like the way Asus support treated both its own (Asus) and their customers. They split off.

You're new here, and I'm a dick, but you should have some sources in place before you call me stupid/a liar.

Yes that's all great and their quality plummeted as a result, there's nothing new there. Furthermore no one actually called you either stupid or a liar, nor was it implied. One is entitled to hold an opinion however once this has been fielded one should well be prepared for the possibility of it being debated/disagreed with. You're quite young still so we can mark it off to inexperience and move forward :)

Yes that's all great and their quality plummeted as a result, there's nothing new there. Furthermore no one actually called you either stupid or a liar, nor was it implied. One is entitled to hold an opinion however once this has been fielded one should well be prepared for the possibility of it being debated/disagreed with. You're quite young still so we can mark it off to inexperience and move forward :)

Asrock's quality has not plummeted at all, and it has innovated in the motherboard space with the Ultra M.2 form factor.

One is entitled to hold an opinion however once this has been fielded one should well be prepared for the possibility of it being debated/disagreed with. 

I don't think anyone makes a thread just to hear some wild made up opinions reflecting from the truth complety. A motherboard manufacturer isn't going to live long if all of their products arrive doa. Now the true story; Asrock boards are manufactured by Pegatron who owns Asrock currently and Asus boards are manufacturer by Pegatron as well who owns Pegatron now.

Both boards are very similar. in terms of feutures.

They both dont support sli.!

That is something to keep in mind.