Z97 Mobo (Asrock vs MSI)

Anyone with any ounce of sense knows that ASRock is complete and total garbage, stay away, stay far far away.

Pls..

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

i have two asrock running at home and so far so good, but msi mobo are good, vrms temp problems and other problems welll they all have, and we all know boards from other brands that have the same issue

Yes that's all great and their quality plummeted as a result, there's nothing new there. Furthermore no one actually called you either stupid or a liar, nor was it implied. One is entitled to hold an opinion however once this has been fielded one should well be prepared for the possibility of it being debated/disagreed with. You're quite young still so we can mark it off to inexperience and move forward :)

1. Did it? Source.
  2. You implied he had his head up his own ass, as such meaning he is oblivious and would therefore be 1) stupid and 2 ) lying to say otherwise on the topic
  3. You are entitled to an opinion yes, and as you stated he is welcome challenge it.
  4. So if you're prepared for the possibility of your opinion being challenged the suitable way to respond is to imply people have their head up their own ass with a picture rather than come up with any meaningful reason to justify your statement...?
  5. And then you go on and attempt to patronize people...

1. Did it? Source.
  2. You implied he had his head up his own ass, as such meaning he is oblivious and would therefore be 1) stupid and 2 ) lying to say otherwise on the topic
  3. You are entitled to an opinion yes, and as you stated he is welcome challenge it.
  4. So if you're prepared for the possibility of your opinion being challenged the suitable way to respond is to imply people have their head up their own ass rather than come up with any meaningful reason to justify your statement...?

Thank you for that succinct and even-tempered reply. I'm an academic. I'm an egotist. I like being proven wrong because I learn from the experience. But that was just unnecessary.

Once again, thanks. :)

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

1. Did it? Source.
  4. So if you're prepared for the possibility of your opinion being challenged the suitable way to respond is to imply people have their head up their own ass with a picture rather than come up with any meaningful reason to justify your statement...?

Thank you for that succinct and even-tempered reply. I'm an academic. I'm an egotist. I like being proven wrong because I learn from the experience. But that was just unnecessary.

Once again, thanks. :)

Oh dear it would appear that I have really upset the ASJunk fan base here, it's a good thing that there aren't that many of them  :lol:

@harrynowl, I do indeed agree with some of the points that you have made. However if you would have taken the time to review the whole story then you might have realized that the tone and intentions of my response were ultimately set in kind. Ultimately it's all still subjective. One could have chosen to interpret my response either light heartedly or seriously. You seem to have chosen the latter sadly :)

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Oh dear it would appear that I have really upset the ASJunk fan base here, it's a good thing that there aren't that many of them  :lol:

@harrynowl, I do indeed agree with some of the points that you have made. However if you would have taken the time to review the whole story then you might have realized that the tone and intentions of my response were ultimately set in kind. Ultimately it's all still subjective. One could have chosen to interpret my response either light heartedly or seriously. You seem to have chosen the latter sadly :)

honey you are an asshole that is it 

if i helped you and im right give me best answer ok  ;)

Lady your rhetoric is out of practice then. Back to public speaking and rhetorical analysis 101 with you.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I believe they call it narcissism.

Of course we take things seriously, this is a thread about someone wanting good, valid advice and not to spread misinformed opinions and pass it off as fact. To not take things seriously devalues the op of the thread and the sub forum.

Yes that's all great and their quality plummeted as a result, there's nothing new there. Furthermore no one actually called you either stupid or a liar, nor was it implied. One is entitled to hold an opinion however once this has been fielded one should well be prepared for the possibility of it being debated/disagreed with. You're quite young still so we can mark it off to inexperience and move forward :)

your oppinion =/= facts.

You are entitled to yours so stfu with it when its clearly that u know shit of what you are talking about

Lady your rhetoric is out of practice then. Back to public speaking and rhetorical analysis 101 with you.

I believe they call it narcissism.

Of course we take things seriously, this is a thread about someone wanting good, valid advice and not to spread misinformed opinions and pass it off as fact. To not take things seriously devalues the op of the thread and the sub forum.

Indeed, and as it is right now you are deviating further and further from the point of this thread by fixating on this argument and attempting to antagonise me. I wasn't even the first to call ASJunk out in this thread or on this forum (probably). Why seek to perpetuate?

The point is that in the original instance both of us were highly likely in the wrong. You firstly by calling what I'd said bullshit:

This is B.S.. Asrock was founded by experts who broke away from ASUS due to its poor customer treatment. The quality is comparable to MSI, gigabyte, and Asus, and Asrock is innovating such as with the Ultra M.2 revision which Asus has now bought a license to recreate on its boards going forward.

Then me by posting an amusing meme. To which you then produced a condensing remark:

Cute.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/asus_reportedly_talks_acquire_motherboard_maker_asrock

Asus originally created Asrock as an entry-level mobo maker while Asus could focus on the high end. Asrock didn't like the way Asus support treated both its own (Asus) and their customers. They split off.

You're new here, and I'm a dick, but you should have some sources in place before you call me stupid/a liar.

Which I responded to in equal manner.

These on the other hand:

honey you are an asshole that is it 

your oppinion =/= facts.

You are entitled to yours so stfu with it when its clearly that u know shit of what you are talking about

At not one instance have I debased myself down to the level of outright swearing in this fashion. This is unacceptable to be fair, if you cannot use your intellect to formulate something better than that then you should refrain completely as it really does lower the tone. Moreover it simply becomes offensive and only serves to highlight how immature you obviously are.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

After researching ASJunk, ironically I'm actually starting to agree that the company has made quite a turn around. It would seem that they are indeed attempting to innovate and are producing higher quality products these days. My views on them are/were largely dated around the Skt 939 times.

Would I consider/recommend them now? probably not still. Do I think M.2 is good? Yes, I've been sizing this up to incorporate in a build for a few months now. I like the way that it's so neat and bolts directly onto the PCB plus the speed advantage. That said however it's largely the same as the SATA Express standard and in fact knocks it out (creating an either or scenario) on some/all given boards? Therefore making it's longevity questionable (possibly). The last time I've done any meaningful research on this was around a month back.