***HTC ONE AND GOOGLE+ BATTERY ISSUES***

Phone -  HTC One

Issue - Battery issues with Google+ 

Hey guys/girls, having this issue on my HTC One, Googe+ Photos & Google Drive seem to be draining the absolute s*** out of my battery on my phone, I did a bit of googling and I found basically google drives auto sync to the servers has a function to be turned off, I proceeded to turn off the auto sync but the problem was still there, I found this thread on reddit about the phone and how WakeLock isn't even a parameter in the code for the software, in my case Google Drive. The service was basically not responding, something that is only apparent on the HTC One and Nexus 5 so far. 

post-113407-0-68725000-1408265371_thumb.

The program 'WakeLock Terminator' was basically a service that kills a service, and I'm as IT competent as the next guy but I never like downloading 3rd party apps that are associated with Google, there is just too much room for paranoia to set it, even though it's probably nothing, I still don't trust 3rd party apps.

Can someone help me out to come to a conclusion with this? I literally have 100% one minute and then 86% the next, it's basically gotten to the point where I have to carry a cable around with me 24/7 to work etc. 

YPE4jSo.png

post-113407-0-87784800-1408265869_thumb.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playfulgeeks.gservicefix&hl=en

I'm going to try this app (refer above 3.0) and get back to you, any tips and pointers please let me know! Thank you,

BDRUM!

Xperia Z had a serious battery drain issue due to the latest update, I disabled Google Play services, Google search and pretty much everything to do with Google. I found alternatives to the Youtube app etc.

my battery life has gone from 20 hours tops to 3 or 4 days

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

removing google services all together gives you even more battery life but you loose everything related to google.What I use for my SGS4mini is I disabled all location services,google background wifi scanning,removed every app that runs on background when it wants and i get battery life close to 2days with 5 hours screen time and when i disable google services it goes up to 3 days 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I don't want to remove Google services though, once you actually get the hang of it and use it to your advantage, it's actually really good.

I use to have the same stereotypical view like you, Google+ was shit, spend some time to get use to it and you will <3 it 

is this with the m8 or m7? im guessing m8 due to screen shots but can never be sure

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

The screen shots were off another forum, that isn't a screen shot of my phone, I have an m7, can't seem to figure it out guys, I think I might just conclude with 'It's their problem, they have to fix it' 

is the issue due to google plus?

if so why not just disable the app and all the google stuff that you dont use.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

is this with the m8 or m7? im guessing m8 due to screen shots but can never be sure

both m8 and m7 has 1080p screen and both can be installed with an AOSP rom so you cant be sure and it doesnt even matter anyways since method works on almost any android phone out there

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18