To Those Who Use SSD's to Boot Up Your OS

Dr. Moose

Of course it's worth it! No computer I build will ever use a standard HDD for an OS drive anymore. It's the one upgrade you can get that you'll notice the impact immediately.

It's deffently worth the extra money. Look at what Linus usually says!

It's Oculus time! B)

Big games like BF4 load in only a few seconds. Love it. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

The SSD is very noticeable if you do any multi tasking. I recently had a chance to revisit an OS running on a spinner drive and I was surprise to find that I could not even launch a few web browser windows while installing some software in the background.

ssd is like drugs. once you used it, you can never go back

I understand that if you install your OS onto an SSD, boot up will be much faster. But to all those with a system built with an SSD for boot up, in you're honest opinion: Is it worth the extra money?

Yes. I find it impossible to work on a PC with only a mechanical drive now. SSDs really are great.

The entire system is more responsive and faster. well worth it. you wont get it until you have one.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

As mentioned a bunch of times, it's everything that speeds up. 

My reboot time is under 25 seconds (as timed by my friends on Mumble). That includes the time to type in my password for Windows 8 and to re-start Mumble and say "Back".

Corsair Obsidian 250D | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 550W | Asus Maximus VI Impact | Intel i7-4770k | Corsair h100i (with Noctua NF-F12) | G.Skill RipjawsX 2x8GB | Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | WD Black 1TB | eVGA GTX Titan Black (+ ACX cooler)

Featured by NCIXEsther: Titan-Stuffed 250D

USE SSD FOR booting up the OS and other stuff and USE A HYBRID DRIVE for mass storage.

Yes

Boot up is fast, programs are quick and responsive. Get at least a 120/128GB for OS and other programs (Firefox, Chrome etc.) or 250/256GB if you want to put some games on that as well.