EVGA reveals x99 mATX and Classified

VSG

I'll take MSI, Gigabyte hell even Asus and Asrock over a Sapphire motherboard,

Sapphire and EVGA have about the same build quality, though Sapphire tends to be more feature-rich (neglecting SLI aside). All I'm saying in this case is EVGA made some fugly boards and it's kinda sad to see Sapphire, their AMD-based equivalent, showing them up.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Haswell has on-board VRMs. So essentially even a paltry 4-6 phase VRM on the motherboard is more than enough. The rest are simply for marketing.

Even so You're paying that much for a board it should at least something nuts like 12-16 phase. Since 32 is simply unnecessary. 

this isnt even orange, its that fugly evga red thingy, that only exists on evga mobos, and nowhere else...

Could be worse. It could pulsate. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I am such disappoint. 

doge.png

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

This, That all black x99 looked so darn good

Oh, you mean this one???

msi-x99s.jpg

I may not be about that "Thug Life", but I am about that "Nerd Life"; all day, every day!

Oh, you mean this one???

thats gonna be my board, if noone makes a BW one

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Wow, even the little companies are releasing previews already. I like 90* headers (especially the 24-pin main power, which they should have done on both), and boards with them are tough to find. Great job EVGA! Still, fugly boards :|

we know they can make pretty stuff...y EVGA y....

Edit: As much as i love the hell out of that 90 degree header on that 24pin would it have been extremely hard to put a shroud over the pins connecting it to the board? or even just make them black?  

Though i suppose that's not the only visual gripe i have with this board....why are those capacitors pink/silver...y...

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Oh, you mean this one???

msi-x99s.jpg

dear lord that is sexy.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

dear lord that is sexy.

I agree with you 100%...I wonder what Asus X99 boards will look like. I sure hope they release an all-black board like their Rampage IV Black Edition for the X79 chipset. If not, then this MSI board would be a real good choice. It has 5 PCIe 3.0 x16 slots and the 10 SATA 6Gbps ports. I've never personally used an MSI board, but this would be a great one to start with!

I may not be about that "Thug Life", but I am about that "Nerd Life"; all day, every day!

Micro-ATX with an 8 core chip? Yes, please!

I wonder if it'll support the E5 v3 series processors, which will have up to 15 cores. That would be interesting.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

I like that EVGA does things that not many other companies do (mATX X99, right angle 24pin and fan connectors), though MSI wins the sexiness award for sure. A white Asus X99 board could be interesting though.

$400 for a motherboard ha

Well it is X99, with DDR4 RAM and hexa/octo-core Haswell-E CPUs.