ALL NEW 6GB GTX 780 CARD BY ASUS (Titan in disguise)!

ALL NEW 6GB GTX 780 CARD BY ASUS (Titan in disguise)

Asus GeForce GTX 780 STRIX 6 GB OC Edition

Comes with a titan equivalent of 6GB of ram!

This is pretty much a Titan slightly under clocked AIMED at gaming.

ASUS website listing with specs

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/STRIXGTX780OC6GD5/

Review and Benchmarks

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/asus-geforce-gtx-780-strix-6-gb-graphics-card-review,1.html

original post here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/155383-asus-strix-geforce-gtx-780-6gb/?hl=asus+strix

EVGA have been doing this for a while now, and it doesn't have the double floating point precision that a TITAN has, of course.

And that article is more than two months old.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

This came out awhile ago.... Its also a stupid card

Um First off chill with the caps

Second this concept isn't new

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

the 780 is a titan with cores disabled

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Yep. Not a Titan in disguise. A Titan differentiates between itself and a 780 because of the unlocked double precision floating point cores. That part is much more important then the additional 3GB of VRAM.

The 780 (And the 780 Ti) were both huge successes because they took the best part of a Titan and locked some crap that games don't use as much (The DP FP cores). This is just a 780 with double the VRAM. In most circumstances, you wouldn't even be able to fully utilize all 6GB because the bus width - 384-Bit - is small for that amount of VRAM and won't be able to fill/purge memory fast enough in a high speed setting like a game. It will definitely help with high res textures though. Not saying having the additional VRAM is bad or useless, just that it won't likely fully utilize all 6GB. More likely you'll see around 4GB to 5GB of VRAM usage in most cases.

BUT at least it's not like dual-GPU cards (295x and Titan-Z) where they brand it as having "double" VRAM (8GB and 12GB I believe), when that's not true at all, and incredibly misleading (Yes there's double the memory, but each core is basically duplicating the memory, so you effectively have half the amount actually usable in games - unless there was a huge breakthrough that I just never heard about...).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

the 6gb 780s are not completely useless.

They take a great card and remove a potential bottleneck of 3gb vram.

In situations where you don't use 3 or more, then it won't make a difference, but in the times where you do find yourself needing 4 or 5, then the 6gb buffer will be of benefit. Other things than gaming use the video card, so in a gaming situation that might not be as important, but its not useless. Sure the card might crap out in a gaming environment before it reaches 6gb, but its better for the card to run out of ability than for it to run out of vram and still have more power to give.

That said, I highly considered getting some 780 6gbs as I'd use them for more than just gaming and the 6gb buffer would be useful to me outside of gaming, however as I'm not finishing my build yet, I'm waiting for the 880.

Also, I wouldn't get just one 780 6gb. if you are going to get the 6gb then SLI is the way to go. However, if doing single card, 780ti is a better overall choice.

the 6gb 780s are not completely useless.

They take a great card and remove a potential bottleneck of 3gb vram.

In situations where you don't use 3 or more, then it won't make a difference, but in the times where you do find yourself needing 4 or 5, then the 6gb buffer will be of benefit. Other things than gaming use the video card, so in a gaming situation that might not be as important, but its not useless. Sure the card might crap out in a gaming environment before it reaches 6gb, but its better for the card to run out of ability than for it to run out of vram and still have more power to give.

That said, I highly considered getting some 780 6gbs as I'd use them for more than just gaming and the 6gb buffer would be useful to me outside of gaming, however as I'm not finishing my build yet, I'm waiting for the 880.

Also, I wouldn't get just one 780 6gb. if you are going to get the 6gb then SLI is the way to go. However, if doing single card, 780ti is a better overall choice.

Good point. I'm not saying there's no point in getting one. Quite the contrary. While the 384-bit bus can be a bottleneck, it will definitely still be fast/wide enough for 4 or 5GB of usage.

However it's a bit more specialized, and consumers should just be educated on when it makes sense to get the 6GB version over the normal 3GB version. I also agree that SLI on the 6GB versions will definitely be more useful in more situations.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

This came out a month and a half ago.

I'm tired of people posting incredibly old stuff...

Also you don't post news in all caps with big fonts...

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

This came out a month and a half ago.

I'm tired of people posting incredibly old stuff...

Also you don't post news in all caps with big fonts...

this guy is a nooblet at news posting cut him a bit of slack.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

this guy is a nooblet at news posting cut him a bit of slack.

I can understand posting duplicate threads or being late by a couple days.

We're talking about over one month late.

New, unexperienced users should not be allowed to post news to begin with, always ends up with crap like this.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

I can understand posting duplicate threads or being late by a couple days.

We're talking about over one month late.

New, unexperienced users should not be allowed to post news to begin with, always ends up with crap like this.

yeah i agree its a problem, i have thought and asked slick if the news posters should be limited to a few people that are trusted

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1