Motorola to announce Moto 360, X+1, MotoG Sept 4th

AlexGoesHigh

really looking forward to this, the moto g is my daily driver and couldn't be more happy about it, and can't see what it does come out for the next version (though the rumored 5inch display, its kind of a turn off for me), this press event is likelly to reveal four devices according to the invite, 2 phones, a watch (probably the 360) and bluetooth headset

We're waiting for a few things from Motorola: the 360 smartwatch, the successor to the Moto X, and anything else the company soon to be owned by Lenovo might have to show us. And on September 4th, we're going to get at least a glimpse. Motorola has just sent out invites to press to "a Moto Launch Experience," complete with a Cootie Catcher that opens up to reveal the phrases "Choose To Discover" and "Choose to Have Fun." (Apparently choice is important to Motorola. Who knew?) When it closes, there are four icons: A phone with an X in the middle, a phone with a G, a watch, and what appears to be a Bluetooth headset.

This isn't exactly the most secretive invite we've ever seen. We're apparently going to see two phones, the 360, and a headset of some kind. But exactly what will be revealed September 4th in Chicago, and we'll be there with all the details.

motogif.0.gif

Sauce: The Verge

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Interesting :)

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Looks like we'll finally get to see the final version of Motorola's Moto 360 watch. They're holding a press conference on September the 4th and will show off the watch, the new Moto X, and the new Moto G, as well as some bluetooth accessory.

gsmarena_001.jpg

If IFA 2014's schedule didn't seem packed enough for you, Motorola has decided to make one of its biggest announcement in recent history on September 4. The company has sent out press invites and the hints are very clear.

We're in for the announcement of the Moto 360 smartwatch, as well as the Moto G 2 and Moto X+1 smartphone duo. Additionally, a new bluetooth headset accessory is going to get its announcement, at the event.

Source: http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_sets_september_4_to_announce_the_moto_360_g2_and_x1-news-9348.php

Personally, I'm interested to see what the Moto X actually looks like and what they have in terms of customization. Will they keep the Moto Maker, or move on to something else?

The Moto 360 is also the only smart watch I'd consider buying. The quoted 2.5 days of run time, if true, is great compared to what else is available.

Are you guys interested in the watch at all? Is a smart watch something you'd spend the money on?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Let's see how it plays out with Lenovo on board.

They've done pretty well with what was IBM. Hopefully we see more of the same.

Though I think we've seen the end of lightning fast updates from them.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Finally! I've been waiting quite a while for this.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

I know its going to be expensive, but boy do I really want that $150 price tag. That would blow every smart watch aside. It would literally be like saying "Fuck you I can do this and you can't do shit about it."

Project Restomod (In progress)

Anyone know if the new moto phone will be any good?

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Please may there be a MotoX+1 based AMOLED Nexus 6.

With the G3 being such a let down, I am glad that LG is not making the Nexus 6. Its the one phone I've been really looking forward to this year to replace my 4S. Eliminating the customization nonsense will help keep the cost down compared to the X1 base model. If it is based off the X1 it would call into question the 2560x1440 and Snapdragon 805 rumors that have been floating around for the Nexus 6 recently. The 5.2" display is right in like with the X1 rumors though.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

With the G3 being such a let down, I am glad that LG is not making the Nexus 6. Its the one phone I've been really looking forward to this year to replace my 4S. Eliminating the customization nonsense will help keep the cost down compared to the X1 base model. If it is based off the X1 it would call into question the 2560x1440 and Snapdragon 805 rumors that have been floating around for the Nexus 6 recently. The 5.2" display is right in like with the X1 rumors though.

While I don't agree, what didn't you like about the G3?

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

People are so Spoiled now with phone resolution and specs "omg it's not 1080p/1440p, it must be a budget phone"  No actually a bloody minute ago everyone was complaining about battery life... when companies release something that isn't the top spec people flip out. 

Remember this phone isn;t going to be some 1440p, 805, 3gb of ram phone!

excited for the moto 360 but probably won't pick up a x+1 over the alpha because I'm quite happy with 4.7 inches and 720p in exchange for battery life that will last 1.5-2 Days.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

While I don't agree, what didn't you like about the G3?

The rear facing speaker and the super slow response time when navigating through the phone are the two biggest issues for me. Not having a front facing speaker is not a deal breaker for me, but having a rear facing one is. Linus's review of the G3, compared to the M8 made me want a M8 instead.

People are so Spoiled now with phone resolution and specs "omg it's not 1080p/1440p, it must be a budget phone"  No actually a bloody minute ago everyone was complaining about battery life... when companies release something that isn't the top spec people flip out. 

excited for the moto 360 but probably won't pick up a x+1 over the alpha because I'm quite happy with 4.7 inches and 720p in exchange for battery life that will last 1.5-2 Days.

Not a single person in this thread was complaining about the phone being a budget model or complaining about the phones resolution. I simply mentioned comparisons to some of the Nexus 6 rumors, the most recent of which mentioned a Snapdragon 805 and a 2560x1440 display. As the Nexus line of phones have so far always been less expensive than the models they are based on, those rumors conflict with the X+1 rumors. I never complained about that fact and was only discussing the different rumors.

1440p with an 805 chip and 3GB of RAM is EXACTLY what the most recent Nexus 6 rumors lists as the specs based off a supposedly leaked benchmark for the phone. If Motorola is in fact making the Nexus 6, and if it is in fact going to be based off the X+1, it would stand to reason that the X+1 would at least have the same internal hardware specs. It would make no sense for Motorola to build a phone for Google that is better than their own flagship phone.

The one and only thing I complained about was the "customization nonsense" that the Moto X line uses. I think its pointless and it definitely adds to the cost of the phone. There is no option to get a generic version for less money, but I said I hoped the Nexus 6 would ditch that customization to help keep the cost down. Something the Nexus phones have always focused on.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

The rear facing speaker and the super slow response time when navigating through the phone are the two biggest issues for me. Not having a front facing speaker is not a deal breaker for me, but having a rear facing one is. Linus's review of the G3, compared to the M8 made me want a M8 instead.

Not a single person in this thread was complaining about the phone being a budget model or complaining about the phones resolution. I simply mentioned comparisons to some of the Nexus 6 rumors, the most recent of which mentioned a Snapdragon 805 and a 2560x1440 display. As the Nexus line of phones have so far always been less expensive than the models they are based on, those rumors conflict with the X+1 rumors. I never complained about that fact and was only discussing the different rumors.

1440p with an 805 chip and 3GB of RAM is EXACTLY what the most recent Nexus 6 rumors lists as the specs based off a supposedly leaked benchmark for the phone. If Motorola is in fact making the Nexus 6, and if it is in fact going to be based off the X+1, it would stand to reason that the X+1 would at least have the same internal hardware specs. It would make no sense for Motorola to build a phone for Google that is better than their own flagship phone.

The one and only thing I complained about was the "customization nonsense" that the Moto X line uses. I think its pointless and it definitely adds to the cost of the phone. There is no option to get a generic version for less money, but I said I hoped the Nexus 6 would ditch that customization to help keep the cost down. Something the Nexus phones have always focused on.

It's more the people everyone else complaining about all these things. but people mentality over these things can get a little out of hand. like a 1440p on a phone? seriously do you think we'd ever need that? if you do then explain to me because I might be missing something. :)

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Can't wait to purchase a Moto 360!

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

It's more the people everyone else complaining about all these things. but people mentality over these things can get a little out of hand. like a 1440p on a phone? seriously do you think we'd ever need that? if you do then explain to me because I might be missing something. :)

No, I do not think 2560x1440 is necessary for a phone. 1920x1080 is way more than enough, IMO. I was simply discussing the information that has been posted. I would like a Snapdragon 805 and 3GB of RAM, but could care less about 1440p. But 720p is not enough though, for me, especially for screens that are 5" or larger. A 1280x720 resolution, on a 5.2" screen is 282 ppi, which is worse than the 960x640 326ppi of my 4S.

No, I do not think 2560x1440 is necessary for a phone. 1920x1080 is way more than enough, IMO. I was simply discussing the information that has been posted. I would like a Snapdragon 805 and 3GB of RAM, but could care less about 1440p. But 720p is not enough though, for me, especially for screens that are 5" or larger. A 1280x720 resolution, on a 5.2" screen is 282 ppi, which is worse than the 960x640 326ppi of my 4S.

yeah, 1080p is more than enough. 720p is good enough for some phones.

Computing enthusiast. 

People are so Spoiled now with phone resolution and specs "omg it's not 1080p/1440p, it must be a budget phone" No actually a bloody minute ago everyone was complaining about battery life... when companies release something that isn't the top spec people flip out.

Really?? The alpha? It doesn't even have a good battery, you could give a look at something with a similar display but a much larger battery to get the best result.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Really?? The alpha? It doesn't even have a good battery, you could give a look at something with a similar display but a much larger battery to get the best result.

a battery doesn't always say everything... Like it's a exynos 5430 on 20nm. it'll be plenty efficient. It's around the size of the new iphone battery; and would probably have better battery than the new iphone too because the exynos would only need to push 1/4 of the display it was made to push. 

Computing enthusiast. 

The Moto X+1 will likely have superior battery life...I mean, the battery is over 50% larger. And made by Motorola, who have had excellent track records for batteries.

I actually find rear facing speakers better than bottom facing. At least then I can cup the speaker and have it fire at me, whereas my Nexus 5 just sounds drowned out.

I will however agree that front facing speakers are the best. Perhaps more than two companies will start to adopt them in the future.

I'm not a fan of HTC's implementation. I think it takes up WAY too much real estate and makes the phone much larger than it has to be.

Funny enough, the customization is probably the main reason I would even consider the Moto X or any of its successors. I find it a huge draw, and love the idea.

However I love personalizing everything I own. So, each to their own on that front I suppose.

There are generic versions of the Moto X out there, they might not be available in your area.

Nexus phones are cheap because they're subsidized by Google. That's the only reason. Period.

You can't compare other phones to them. Even the OnePlus One isn't truly a cheap phone because they're not profiting off the device. They'll go into the negative, in hopes that they establish a name.

It's not a stable business model. I don't see the company lasting long.

Funny, Bill Gates once said we'd never need more than 64kb of RAM. Would you be happy if we still had that? If nothing advanced?

Just because we might not "need" it, doesn't mean that it isn't worth exploring. It can unlock other things that they never knew were possible or needed through the R&D alone.

Say the 1440p screen was a huge draw, so they developed a more energy efficient back light. That can trickle down to other phones. Don't be so close minded.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

-snip-

Not accurate. The Nexus phones use cheaper parts than the models they are based on, which is the reason why they cost less. The G2 has a slightly larger screen, 5.2" vs 4.95". The G2 had a better cameras, 13MP vs 8MP in the rear and 2.1MP vs 1.3MP in the front, as well as a list of other benefits. The G2 also had a bigger battery, 3000 mAh vs 2300 mAh, with endurance tests give the G2 lasting 50% longer, 62 hours vs just 40 hours for the Nexus 5.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=5705&idPhone2=5543

Google's involvement may indeed affect the price, but the Nexus phones have always been known for using cheaper components than the models they are based on. With the possible switch to Android Silver, instead of using the Nexus branding, we may see a higher quality phone this year. But that has been the case with the last two versions.