How automation will change the world.

Assassin

First I thought about posting this on the off topic but this video has a lot to do with tech so I am putting it in the general discussion. So what are you thoughts on automation? Do you guys believe that sooner or later certain jobs will be completely replaced by autonomous machines? CGP Grey did a video on this and it explains the implication of autonomous robots really well. So what are your thoughts on this? Please keep the discussion on topic. Also guys at-least watch some of the video before commenting.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

What's up with your profile pic?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I honestly hope this happens, eventually we will have no need for money, and simply have a paradise built on technology where everyone can have whatever they want,

OR

It will collapse civilization as we know it, and lead to complete anarchy.

I'm covered either way.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

robot world domination coming soon.

I Robot, Terminator, etc.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

While automation seems like an amazing idea (and in many cases is) it is going to create mas-unemployment and with a growing population this is going to become a bigger problem as time goes on... Really cool technology but sometimes a little scary. Also... This leads me to the idea of a Wall-E like future.

Terminator up in this bitch.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

I hope this won't happen. I'm kinda on Elon Musk's and Stephen Hawking's team here...

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

685433417ff0b63c24e8d5aa51c18145d49a4e0f

That's why I'll study it engineering next year. They'll always need someone who programs these things and, most of all, someone who designs the software used to program them. A machine can't know what a human will want another machine to do, unless specifically told, and this kind of instructions become obsolete very quickly.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

At some point people need to really say enough is enough and overthrow the big businesses eh I mean governments currently in place in many countries.  Automation and other things need to be halted.  The world should not just be about making more money and hell it should not be about money at all.  NWO

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

robot world domination coming soon.

I Robot, Terminator, etc.

If it can kill off mankind then it is a good thing.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

685433417ff0b63c24e8d5aa51c18145d49a4e0f

Don't be so fast to "jump to conclusions" :P

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Yea, its in progress not the future, well more in the future: Current Kia plant

And your favorite the Tesla Plant:

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Don't be so fast to "jump to conclusions" :P

Why not? My mat told me to do so.

I am for automation, but only the kind involving lesbian robots, like this.

At some point people need to really say enough is enough and overthrow the big businesses eh I mean governments currently in place in many countries.  Automation and other things need to be halted.  The world should not just be about making more money and hell it should not be about money at all.  NWO

fair point.... but it would be even better if we had both automation and jobs. This is what communism strives for.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

If it can kill off mankind then it is a good thing.

fair point...

It will collapse civilization as we know it, and lead to complete anarchy.

I'm covered either way.

^^ That

It will eliminate the need for low skilled jobs so the only jobs will be robotic engineer and software engineer specialized in robotics, apart from executives and ceos and game devs, so the rich will get richer, the poor will not be able to afford a university education, leaving them with no job opportunities, so the poor will get poorer, then the world will be divided by the people that live under bridges and the rich people, creating a great rivalry in between bot social classes, destroying civilization as we know it.

Write that on a book and we will have the newer testament

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

Automation will completely change the world as we know it and make people obsolete in many areas. I would expect a breaking point that'll lead into a crisis with unemployment but then we'll adjust, at least hopefully.

If we're lucky and smart (which is no small feat), we could make it go smoothly. As unemployment goes up due to automation, the price of products will go down, thus lowering the necessary number of working hours in a week to make a living. By making people work fewer hours on average (30 down from 40, or less, which can be done gradually), you can hire more people that'll do the hours that machines haven't taken up yet. The number of work hours will go down gradually, as the price of goods goes down as well. And at some point, we'll be able to create goods so effortlessly that people will only need to work a few hours a week (doing the last few things automatons don't) to be able to feed themselves and their family with food that was harvested, transported and processed with nearly no human interaction.

Is that a desirable future though? I'd think not and most people will agree with me. We could use a little more automation but I'm not too excited about an automated society where everyone's justified in being a slob.

^^ That

It will eliminate the need for low skilled jobs so the only jobs will be robotic engineer and software engineer specialized in robotics, apart from executives and ceos and game devs, so the rich will get richer, the poor will not be able to afford a university education, leaving them with no job opportunities, so the poor will get poorer, then the world will be divided by the people that live under bridges and the rich people, creating a great rivalry in between bot social classes, destroying civilization as we know it.

You described my favorite song

^^ That

reminds me of the movie elysium.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

You described my favorite song

You mean this song?

i7-4770k @3.5GHz | 2 EVGA gtx 780 SC ACX in SLI | AsRock Xtreme4 z87 | Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 | Corsiar HX-850 | NZXT Phantom 410 |                                                                                                                                                   CoolerMaster Siedon 120XL AIO Water Cooler | X-Star 1440p 27"

I'm all down for more automation. That increases my job security in the future, by the way (Mechanical Engineer)  ;) .

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.