Your Next Video Card?

Hyp0xia

With benchmarks for the GTX 780 looking so good, I've been wondering how many of you might be considering upgrading you video card and, if so, to what. Personally, I'm already living on a diet of ramen and saving my pennies until next week's paycheck to afford myself a GTX 780. Anyone else in the market for a new GPU?

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

I'm at a halfway point here. I have an evga 560 ti 1gb and I has an antec ea750 so I can sli if I wanted to. I'm just short on cash as well as not having too much of an actual reason to upgrade. I want to though..for the sake of upgrading. 

I would like to get another evga 560 ti to have matching card in sli since I don't know if I can sell my card for good deal to get a better single card.

Again, I'm at a halfway point between sli, upgrading to just a single card or chilling as is.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

currently to broke and dont really need to considering what im running but if i get the chance ill sell of what im using and sli 2 780's

AMD Radeon HD 9970, it's supposed to outperform Titans with ease and cost about half a Titan :)

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

I'm at a halfway point here. I have an evga 560 ti 1gb and I has an antec ea750 so I can sli if I wanted to. I'm just short on cash as well as not having too much of an actual reason to upgrade. I want to though..for the sake of upgrading. 

I would like to get another evga 560 ti to have matching card in sli since I don't know if I can sell my card for good deal to get a better single card.

Again, I'm at a halfway point between sli, upgrading to just a single card or chilling as is.

I sold my 560 Ti 2GB Overclocked for less than $100 on Ebay. So not likely to get a great deal out of it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I sold my 560 Ti 2GB Overclocked for less than $100 on Ebay. So not likely to get a great deal out of it.

Wow. I check on ebay here and there but I just don't see deals like that. I'm hoping I could grab an evga 1gb for $100.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Wow. I check on ebay here and there but I just don't see deals like that. I'm hoping I could grab an evga 1gb for $100.

Yeah. The person got a great deal there with my card. GPU was at 850MHz when I sold it. You might be able to.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Yeah. The person got a great deal there with my card. GPU was at 850MHz when I sold it. You might be able to.

I'll keep looking then. You give me hope :P

I'll keep looking then. You give me hope :P

I was actually shooting for $150 but the bid ran out. So I just went with that.

I'm doing fine with my cards at them moment, but will upgrade to a couple of top tier AMD Volcanic Islands GPU's expected out Q4 this year.......should be interesting times when it's released, to say the least.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Wanted to get 780, but its price gonna be beyond my finances, so probably 770

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Just got my FX5200 back, so don't need more video cards yet.

I mainly play swtor which is a CPU bound game not GPU bound...so I don't think I'll need to upgrade from my gtx580 just yet. Maybe for Witcher3, BF4 or other games on the frostbite3 engine.. Like the new star wars games... Whenever they release.

I must admit the shadow play feature has me intrigued, tho..

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

I know for a fact my next GPU will be an EVGA GTX 780 (the best version) with an EK or XSPC waterblock into a blue watercooled build with XSPC kit:)

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

I hope to get a gtx 770 this summer, for my first personal build :p my budget it too 'low' for a 780 and the 770 will probably be an improved 680, sadly no gk110 chip but that's probably too expensive to put in a 770 and make enough profit.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

3x GTX 780's

Character artist in the Games industry.

Either the GTX 880 or the HD9970, to be honest i don't like the direction Nvidia is taking here...

The 780 has excellent performance for it's price!!! When compared to the Titan. But if you compare it's launch price of $650!!! freaking dollars as a flagship card compared with $450/500.

Naw, wait for the 800 series with fused virtual memory or AMD's Volcanic islands, utilising the 20nm manufacturing process.

Not upgrading. My 2x 680s still serves me well in terms of gaming. I can max 99.99% of games at the moment so I'm fine.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

Oh by the way, any GTX 780 owners would like to share with me, is the GTX 780 voltage locked just like the GTX 680? And what's the maximum voltage allowable?

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

my GTX 680 is 4 months old. if someone buys it i'll upgrade to a GTX 780

Parvum Systems S1.0, 3570K, H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB @ 1866, EVGA GTX 680 FTW+, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, WD Velociraptor 600GB HDD, Corsair AX850