Playing 32-bit games on 64-bit OS

Tadas
Go to solution Solved by Clyne,

Sorry I misinformed you its not even a 32-bit game its 16-bit, yup I tried compatability with older os even with W95 but it does not work :D

this will help

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/145463-star-wars-episode-i-racer/60951124

Hello everybody,

So I remebered awesome game called "Star Wars Racer" thought I would download it, but I faced a problem it shows me error before instalation that its suited for 32-bit windows, I have W7 64-bit, what could I do to play this old old game? :D

Right click>properties>compatability>windows xp/etc

Doesn't 64bit Windows have a way to emulate 32 bit?

Heck,I can run games from '95 on 64bt without a problem.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Hello everybody,

So I remebered awesome game called "Star Wars Racer" thought I would download it, but I faced a problem it shows me error before instalation that its suited for 32-bit windows, I have W7 64-bit, what could I do to play this old old game? :D

32 bit applications will work naturally on a 64 bit OS. It's just the other way around that doesn't work.

"Rawr XD"

Just because it's a 64-bit OS, it does not mean it cannot run 32-bit applications. What is more of an issue however, is trying to run old titles on an OS which it was not built to run on. With some luck, it may work as is, or in compatability mode. If not, you'll have to dual boot / run a virtual box.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Anything that is 32 bit will work on 64 bit OS.

If you are having issues run in compatibility mode for an older OS.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Right click>properties>compatability>windows xp/etc

Doesn't 64bit Windows have a way to emulate 32 bit?

Heck,I can run games from '95 on 64bt without a problem.

It should still work just fine?

You can emulate it, or change compatibility mode to xp.

32 bit applications will work naturally on a 64 bit OS. It's just the other way around that doesn't work.

Just because it's a 64-bit OS, it does not mean it cannot run 32-bit applications. What is more of an issue however, is trying to run old titles on an OS which it was not built to run on. With some luck, it may work as is, or in compatability mode. If not, you'll have to dual boot / run a virtual box.

Anything that is 32 bit will work on 64 bit OS.

If you are having issues run in compatibility mode for an older OS.

Sorry I misinformed you its not even a 32-bit game its 16-bit, yup I tried compatability with older os even with W95 but it does not work :D

Oh okay then. Yeah 64 bit versions of Windows don't do 16 bit... XP/2K is probably your best bet for that stuff

"Rawr XD"