So I Just Got a R9 280X

The picture quality on the the Game DVR is noticeably worse than on Geforce Experience. It's not terrible but a bit choppier and noticeably so, also the colors/textures are noticeably worse. Is there anything I can do?

Buy an Nvidia card again or use software like DXtory/MSI Afterburner to record and one of the software codecs.

I am of course assuming that you've been into the settings menu.

cec1061eb2106810139a90f83b848c75.png

The picture quality on the the Game DVR is noticeably worse than on Geforce Experience. It's not terrible but a bit choppier and noticeably so, also the colors/textures are noticeably worse. Is there anything I can do?

Rant at AMD for crappy products.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Buy an Nvidia card again or use software like DXtory/MSI Afterburner to record and one of those codecs.

Can MSI Afterburner even do that? JW

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K @4.5GHz - CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i - Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero - Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 8GB (2x4GB) @1600 - Storage: WD Green 2TB, 128GB Corsair Force Series SSD - Graphics Card: Asus MATRIX R9 280x OC Case: Corsair Graphite 600T - Power Supply: Be Quiet Power Zone 650W - Monitor: 2x Acer S240HLbid - Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) - Mouse: Perixx MX-2000 - Audio: Logitech G430, Logitech Z506

Rant at AMD for crappy products.

Nothing Wrong with AMD cards, just the processors

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K @4.5GHz - CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i - Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero - Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 8GB (2x4GB) @1600 - Storage: WD Green 2TB, 128GB Corsair Force Series SSD - Graphics Card: Asus MATRIX R9 280x OC Case: Corsair Graphite 600T - Power Supply: Be Quiet Power Zone 650W - Monitor: 2x Acer S240HLbid - Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) - Mouse: Perixx MX-2000 - Audio: Logitech G430, Logitech Z506

Can MSI Afterburner even do that? JW

Yes, you can install codecs and record gameplay with MSI Afterburner.

Never knew that, thanks!

Nothing Wrong with AMD cards, just the processors

Agreed. Preach.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

Yes I have been into the settings and set it for the highest quality recording i.e. 1080p, 60FPS, @ 50MB/s. It also kicks out much more heat than my last ASUS GTX 770. My 280X has the Windforce Cooler on it. 

Disclaimer: Not an NVIDIA fanboy, I have cards from both companies, just pointing out facts. 

Yes I have been into the settings and set it for the highest quality recording i.e. 1080p, 60FPS, @ 50MB/s. It also kicks out much more heat than my last ASUS GTX 770. My 280X has the Windforce Cooler on it. 

Disclaimer: Not an NVIDIA fanboy, I have cards from both companies, just pointing out facts. 

AMD Card are notorious for being mini-ovens

if u have an intel cpu then use OBS

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

What happen with 770? Why you are not using it anymore?

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Have you tried using other recording software such as fraps, bandicam, dxtory, xplit, obs, etc...?

I think some have the option for H.264 encoding but I'm not sure if it will be enabled with your AMD GPU. It could possibly be an issue with the H.264 encoder AMD uses in their graphics cards, although it should technically be exactly the same and nvidia...

I'm really happy with my ASUS 770 and Shadowplay. Works great. My videos have much better image quality while not being a huge file.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

AMD Card are notorious for being mini-ovens

However if you go Aftermarket coolers then you can get some amazing Idle and Load temps..

However if you go Aftermarket coolers then you can get some amazing Idle and Load temps..

Tri-X is AMAZING for that

What's the point of getting a 280x when you have a 770?

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Tri-X is AMAZING for that

I've got the Asus MATRIX R9 280X and its AMAZING too

Game DVR only entered beta recently, didn't it? I imagine it'll get better with some more time.