Best Paid for Software for Optimizing Game Performance

Go to solution Solved by Fulgrim,

Hmmm Paris Hilton sucking dick on Crystal Meth you say....better start tweaking more manually.

I've been playing Witcher 2 which has some problems on even good rigs.  Geforce Experience definitely helped, but I can see why I wouldn't necessarily need it.  The game had a problem for me with Ubersampling I think.

i5-3570k

Geforce GTX 660

8 GB ram

Windows 8 on SSD

I suppose even Windows utilities I would be interested in.  For instance, I splurged on an antimal/spyware because I was just sick of not necessarily getting the deepest clean possible with freeware. 

I run it maxed out on my rig, but with ubersampling off. At 1920x1080 ofc. Great game btw.

Just thinking logically about what to turn down/off is all you need. I.e, Anti Aliasing/ Anisotropic Filtering are the first 2 things to lower/disable, followed by shadows. After that, Post Processing and then texture quality.

Hey everybody,

I know there is a lot of free software out there useful for optimizing games and Windows, but I have some money to spend and would like some recommendations on paid for software that has some critical features over their free versions.  

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC

Geforce Experience optimizes game settings if that's what you're looking for.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Yeah, use this app

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Just get drivers thats the only thing that helps

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

You cannot beat tweaking manually to maximize game performance.

Nvidia's GeForce Experience, and AMD's Raptr both suck more dick than Paris Hilton on crystal meth.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

You cannot beat tweaking manually to maximize game performance.

Nvidia's GeForce Experience, and AMD's Raptr both suck more dick than Paris Hilton on crystal meth.

I can attest to Raptr sucking... But hey, points for hardware and games!

Hmmm Paris Hilton sucking dick on Crystal Meth you say....better start tweaking more manually.

I've been playing Witcher 2 which has some problems on even good rigs.  Geforce Experience definitely helped, but I can see why I wouldn't necessarily need it.  The game had a problem for me with Ubersampling I think.

i5-3570k

Geforce GTX 660

8 GB ram

Windows 8 on SSD

I suppose even Windows utilities I would be interested in.  For instance, I splurged on an antimal/spyware because I was just sick of not necessarily getting the deepest clean possible with freeware. 

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC

i5-3570k

Geforce GTX 660

8 GB ram

Windows 8 on SSD

I run it maxed out on my rig, but with ubersampling off. At 1920x1080 ofc. Great game btw.

Just thinking logically about what to turn down/off is all you need. I.e, Anti Aliasing/ Anisotropic Filtering are the first 2 things to lower/disable, followed by shadows. After that, Post Processing and then texture quality.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Thanks Fulgrim.  Yeah, ubersampling I think is what did it for me as well.  

It's good to know the order of what to turn off in that sort of descending order.  That's the sort of the thing that I am not as familar with, except knowing that anti aliasing and anisotropic filtering are up there.  

Very good game - one of my favorites in the genre so far.  I am not usually a fantasy fan.  More of a sci fi person.  This game kind of blew me away though with how rich the storyline and setting is.  Almost overwhelming at first the amount to take on because it feels a little different than anything at first, but well worth whatever learning curve or adjustment there may be.