I got some good news on the internet front :D

Coombzy

So living in a country road in the UK is pretty hard the internet is horrible, sub 10 mbp speed it's fine for watching videos and streams but it's awful for anything else... I had heard BT planned to bring fiber to 98% of the UK by 2016 and I would of thought that me being in a random road in the middle of nowhere they would not roll it out to my exchange. I checked this morning and it appears my exchange is going through the process of upgrading to fiber I can't wait and I am amazed BT did this :D it's due sometime in 2015 but still it's amazing they are rolling out fiber to the little areas as well.

damn son, its going to take the US a 100 more years before everyone has fiber

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Fiber is prertty great. I get 80/40 internet, although I'm on the far coast of an island so my ping is almost always bad no matter where I'm connecting to

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

woot woot  :D

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

damn son, its going to take the US a 100 more years before everyone has fiber

1 people are greedy and don't want to invest in infrustructure.

2 The US is much much bigger so even if they where not it would be a colossal project.taking much longer than most European countries.

Also FIOS 75/75 :D  it its ever too slow I could upgrade too 500/500.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

nice finally getting better there, meanwhile in 2 months im getting 100/100 fiber for 50$ a month (SMALL ISP's ROCK)  B)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

So living in a country road in the UK is pretty hard the internet is horrible, sub 10 mbp speed it's fine for watching videos and streams but it's awful for anything else... I had heard BT planned to bring fiber to 98% of the UK by 2016 and I would of thought that me being in a random road in the middle of nowhere they would not roll it out to my exchange. I checked this morning and it appears my exchange is going through the process of upgrading to fiber I can't wait and I am amazed BT did this :D it's due sometime in 2015 but still it's amazing they are rolling out fiber to the little areas as well.

Actually, sub-10 speeds are not bad at all. I used to have 8, and i live in the suburb. I could have 2 1080p streams open at once just fine.

The fact that you call it terrible must either be your ISP or just you :D

And yes, I have the 76Mb packace of BT's Infinity, and I have to say, it is nice to have, but I never use the speed

Just as a note, this is somewhat old news, as the tories (wooop woop) mentioned that Britain would have the best broadband in Europe by 2015 back in 2010 (!)

Oh yeah, and here is an awesome site:

http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/

Compatible with Windows 95

nice finally getting better there, meanwhile in 2 months im getting 100/100 fiber for 50$ a month (SMALL ISP's ROCK)  B)

I hear the internet is really good in places like Spain and Turkey all the people I know from there have insane internet speeds.

I hear the internet is really good in places like Spain and Turkey all the people I know from there have insane internet speeds.

DSL speeds suck but we got gigabit fiber connection available in most of the cities (if you can pay the 500$ a month)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Actually, sub-10 speeds are not bad at all. I used to have 8, and i live in the suburb. I could have 2 1080p streams open at once just fine.

The fact that you call it terrible must either be your ISP or just you :D

And yes, I have the 76Mb packace of BT's Infinity, and I have to say, it is nice to have, but I never use the speed

10 mbp is awful... it takes forever to download stuff, you can't stream either which is something I want to get into. The speed I have currently is appalling. 

1 people are greedy and don't want to invest in infrustructure.

2 The US is much much bigger so even if they where not it would be a colossal project.taking much longer than most European countries.

Also FIOS 75/75 :D  it its ever too slow I could upgrade too 500/500.

Actually, thats kinda skewed logic, while america is WAY larger, if you compacted it all down and put all the cities close together (cutting out smaller towns and putting there people into the cities) you would probably have something that is not that much larger than the UK. Its not like they would lay infastructure through the entire country as tho it were blanketed in suburbs lol

Actually, thats kinda skewed logic, while america is WAY larger, if you compacted it all down and put all the cities close together (cutting out smaller towns and putting there people into the cities) you would probably have something that is not that much larger than the UK. Its not like they would lay infastructure through the entire country as tho it were blanketed in suburbs lol

Can I have some of what you are smoking?

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

...no...

average speed in the UK is something like 24 megabits and in Spain (well), my friend in the Costa Del Sol gets 2 on a good day

And Spain is bankrupt

What you wanna do is live in the city centre. One of my mates lives in Liverpool in a skyscraper near the docks and he gets 700 Megs

Compatible with Windows 95

I have fios, 50/15 :) Absolutely fast enough for me! Although I have no problems with some speed innovation  :ph34r:

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

-snip-

Once you go fibre you will not want to go back and you will love it xD I were in the same situation about a year or so ago when I moved into a brand new built area and we had crappy internet and then they got us fibre and ever since we've been with BT on the Infinity 2 plan. It's the same experience as going from an HDD to an SSD.

...no...

average speed in the UK is something like 24 megabits and in Spain (well), my friend in the Costa Del Sol gets 2 on a good day

And Spain is bankrupt

What you wanna do is live in the city centre. One of my mates lives in Liverpool in a skyscraper near the docks and he gets 700 Megs

I have friends in the Spanish suburbs with faster internet.

In Seattle damn 0_o 

I used to have Mobile broadband but i switch to cable. 

I can't wait and I am amazed BT did this :D it's due sometime in 2015 but still it's amazing they are rolling out fiber to the little areas as well.

Nice, I'm still waiting for my area to be 'green lit'. Just to note, the majority of the roll out in rural areas is being funded by the Government. With almost all of the contracts being handled by BT. If we were just relying on 'upgrading where it's commercially viable' you'd still be waiting. Hopefully all going to plan, we should see at least 95% coverage of FTTC in a couple of years. I'm just crossing my fingers my area isn't going to be part of the 5% club. 

Nice, I'm still waiting for my area to be 'green lit'. Just to note, the majority of the roll out in rural areas is being funded by the Government. With almost all of the contracts being handled by BT. If we were just relying on 'upgrading where it's commercially viable' you'd still be waiting. Hopefully all going to plan, we should see at least 95% coverage of FTTC in a couple of years. I'm just crossing my fingers my area isn't going to be part of the 5% club. 

Indeed my dads internet is not even 3 mbp most of the time so I checked for him and there is no plans to bring fiber to his exchange or even an upgrade after BT messed up the line there.

Indeed my dads internet is not even 3 mbp most of the time so I checked for him and there is no plans to bring fiber to his exchange or even an upgrade after BT messed up the line there.

Argh. There's gonna be places left behind for sure. Fortunately where I live, there's already a high capacity fibre optic line running along the main road connecting two large cities and all the towns close by already have a date of when their exchange is being upgraded. So it'd be a dick move not to connect us up.

I'd like to think the eventual plan is for all existing exchanges and cabinets to be upgraded from copper to fibre. But that's probably optimistic, I suspect that places far from an exchange with a cabinet serving only a handful of properties will never be upgraded to FTTC. And some remote exchanges that aren't already connected to the main network via fibre might be overlooked.

i use to live in a small village in the uk now i live in a new built house still in the uk and it has fiber and it was amazing to go from 3Mbs down to 300Mbs down 

RovlDEZ.png

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER