Another Car Thread :P

cluelessgenius

so i know i have been using this forum alot latly to discuss car choices so excuse me if its already anoying someone but im thinking about buying a "new" car and id just really like to get some more opions and you guys are just the biggest group of ssane people i know so ... yeah...

well here it is i moved on from cabrio and am now thinking about a VW Scirocco 

post-83157-0-73304700-1407237353.jpg

so what do you think about it any response on the matter is appreciated thanks

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Cost a bomb to run... They drink like a thirsty alcoholic and don't really perform that well. I personally would reccomend a Ford Foucs ST. Despite the initial investement to buy one they're beautiful, econimical and bloody powerful!

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K @4.5GHz - CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i - Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero - Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 8GB (2x4GB) @1600 - Storage: WD Green 2TB, 128GB Corsair Force Series SSD - Graphics Card: Asus MATRIX R9 280x OC Case: Corsair Graphite 600T - Power Supply: Be Quiet Power Zone 650W - Monitor: 2x Acer S240HLbid - Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) - Mouse: Perixx MX-2000 - Audio: Logitech G430, Logitech Z506

I don't know a thing about cars, but this looks fancy!

"Nope, said the engineer"

Yeah get a german car, the quality is unmatched by Ford or some french crap. How much does that thing cost?

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Well what engine are you getting.

A 2 litre or a 1.4 litre or some other one I'm not aware of?

The 1.4 litre one with it's 2 turbos is apparently a really nice one, has nice low rev perf for a gasoline car, and some actual torque too. I just had a conversation about that.

But I don't know if it meets your consumption requirtements.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Cost a bomb to run... They drink like a thirsty alcoholic and don't really perform that well. I personally would reccomend a Ford Foucs ST. Despite the initial investement to buy one they're beautiful, econimical and bloody powerful!

well actually not really the thing runs on 4.8l diesel wich is way better than my 8-9l gasoline vw golf 4 right now so :P also VW is just better in terms of quality and longevity

I don't know a thing about cars, but this looks fancy!

it sure does looks like the little brother of the batmobile to me :D

Yeah get a german car, the quality is unmatched by Ford or some french crap. How much does that thing cost?

i would get one for like 13-14k € , quite expensive but taht would be only about 3 years old

Well what engine are you getting.

A 2 litre or a 1.4 litre or some other one I'm not aware of?

The 1.4 litre one with it's 2 turbos is apparently a really nice one, has nice low rev perf for a gasoline car, and some actual torque too. I just had a conversation about that.

But I don't know if it meets your consumption requirtements.

im planning on getting a 2.0 litre diesel since ill be driving a lot for work as i said its said to only use around 4.8l diesel per 100km

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

I forgot the diesel part. You were looking for diesels on the other thread too.

Yeah, modern diesel cars are really efficient anyways.

My cousin has a gasoline scirocco and he isn't complaining.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I forgot the diesel part. You were looking for diesels on the other thread too.

Yeah, modern diesel cars are really efficient anyways.

My cousin has a gasoline scirocco and he isn't complaining.

yeah since i make about 2000km a month only driving to work plus the not so often but still happening tours to customers in like cologne or berlin wich is a half day ride diesel is really the only way to go

i would get one for like 13-14k € , quite expensive but taht would be only about 3 years old

That sounds good for a Scirocco with a 2.0 Diesel engine and if you like the car I don't see any negatives really IMO.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

€10K for this beauty (C200 Kompressor sport edition automatic)

Gof4NjS.jpg

CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC MOBO: Asus P8Z77-M RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 16GB. PSU: Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 rev 2 

SSD: 1x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB, 1x Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB

Even if I was old enough to buy a car, my country has COE, which is req to own a car, and that bloody thing costs a bomb

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Diesel engine is the way to go.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

€10K for this beauty (C200 Kompressor sport edition automatic)

Gof4NjS.jpg

where do i start? i dont like automatic! how much is it to actually fill that car up? and also i would look like a big brag with a mercedes (wich i am but its not supposed to look like that no but seriously around here only little brads who get money stuffed up their ass from their parents drive mercedes, im just not a fan)

where do i start? i dont like automatic! how much is it to actually fill that car up? and also i would look like a big brag with a mercedes (wich i am but its not supposed to look like that no but seriously around here only little brads who get money stuffed up their ass from their parents drive mercedes, im just not a fan)

• Semi auto yo :P
  • €111 for 62 L

You would look like a brag? Owh wow and that for someone who lives in Germany. I think the blacked out rims and windows makes you more of a brag.

CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC MOBO: Asus P8Z77-M RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 16GB. PSU: Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 rev 2 

SSD: 1x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB, 1x Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB

Focus STs are far from economical. Nice car, but not economical at all.

The TSi Scirocco has about 40bhp less but twice the mpg.

• Semi auto yo :P
  • €111 for 62 L

You would look like a brag? Owh wow and that for someone who lives in Germany. I think the blacked out rims and windows makes you more of a brag.

yeah.. maybe....but in a cool way :D no i just dont like that particular mercedes modell ive only seen seniors and pimped  out players driving those ( i know weird combo)

Ford Fiesta ST is an amazing car actually, it was lately reviewed in Top Gear! :)

if i were you i wouldn't buy a Scirocco, it's gasoline thirsty!

well actually not really the thing runs on 4.8l diesel

Maybe when you drive it like your grandma.

I know bearly a car which consums under 6l/100km and those which do have a weak engine e.g. VW Lupo 3liter/100km Edition (which was actually 5l) and some Ford Variants with a little diesel engine.

Maybe when you drive it like your grandma.

I know bearly a car which consums under 6l/100km and those which does have a weak motor e.g. VW Lupo 3liter/100km Edition (which was actually 5l) and some Ford Variants with a little diesel engine.

well ok point for you but still even at 6.3l its cheaper than my golf 

http://www.autoplenum.de/Auto/VW/Scirocco/Test-VW-Scirocco-2.0-TDI-2008-id18875.html

so you're keen to buy a Scirocco? :lol:

what about Fiestas and Peugeot cars? :)

well fords i dont trust with the rust and frenchies got smashed by everyone everytime i asked about opinions

so you're keen to buy a Scirocco? :lol:

what about Fiestas and Peugeot cars? :)

What's wrong with a Rocco? I think they are pretty decent.

Fuel consumption on them is actually pretty good and they use pretty standard VW parts so maintenance is cheap.

The Focus ST is nice, but fuel consumption is pretty bad, the Fiesta ST is better but again falls way short of whats advertised in real life city driving. It's also a 1.6 Turbo so it's pretty strung out and if that engine fails parts will not be cheap.

Peugeots have a lot of issues in the electrical department still to this day and they also depreciate a lot faster than the above cars.

We dont get that particular model here in the US, but everyone I know who has bought a new VW has regretted it fairly shortly after buying it.

Parts are very expensive, and they dont seem to be wildly reliable. I would look at a Ford Fiesta, or Fiesta ST if you can fit it in your budget. :) car shopping is a ton of fun so enjoy it, the act of actually buying is a bit of a drag.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Get an Audi A4 cabrio.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

well ok point for you but still even at 6.3l its cheaper than my golf

http://www.autoplenum.de/Auto/VW/Scirocco/Test-VW-Scirocco-2.0-TDI-2008-id18875.html

Also 6.3l/100km sounds just too little for a 2.0l engine. Anyways...

Also be sure that u'll have to spend at least half the amount of money you spend for the car in rims/suspention/darker lights and windows when u want a scirocco like the on in the picture u posted in your first post.

Scirocco don't look very good @ the beginning, just when u tune them they'll look nice (specially the back of the car).