can you overclock and undervolt at the same time while being stable

like the title says 

if i helped you and im right give me best answer ok  ;)

not really, more speed usually requires more power.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Depends. 99% of the time no.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

you can and i actually run on lower voltages than stock at 4ghz than 3.4ghz stock

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

You can, but it's rare.

ZEUS

CPUi7 4770K - 4.4Ghz CoolerNoctua NH-D14 MB: Maximus VI Hero RAM4 x 4GB Vengeance Pro DDR3 2133Mhz GPUWindforce 780ti Case: Corsair C70 Storage: 3 x 128GB 840 Pro SSD in RAID 0 , 2 x 1TB Barracuda PSU860W AX860i Displays: Asus VG248QE 144Hz , Asus VE247H 60Hz KeyboardRazer Blackwidow 2013 MouseRazer Deathadder SoundSennheiser HD 558 Mic: Blue Snowball

"If I'm not quoted I probably won't reply back to you."

you can and i actually run on lower voltages than stock at 4ghz than 3.4ghz stock

you are epic 

if i helped you and im right give me best answer ok  ;)

I can undervolt my cpu to 0volts if I downclock to 0Mhz.

fun facts aside, it is doable if the chip is good. I've tried it in a mini-itx rig to see if I could bring heat output down.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

• 5 years later...

I was able to set my AMD Ryzen 5 2400g with stock wraith cooler at @3.85 , 3.6500 v and achieve some good 63 degrees max. No crashing or any kind of problem, just runs better.

Running my 2600 at a 50-100mhz allcore overclock atm, though single core boost is 150mhz lower.

Average package power is almost 10w lower.

37.5x.png

My 4790K and 6700K can both have their power consumption lowered to about 65-70W at stock frequencies by undervolting.  I haven't tested much yet with frequencies between that and the highest semi-stable overclock I've achieved on them.

4790K (under 212 Evo on Z97 Extreme6) has done 4.7 at 1.25V and 4.8 at 1.35V.  I think I had 4.0 or 4.2 at either 1.0-1.05V or -150-200mV offset or so, I forget now.)

6700K (in Clevo P750DM-G laptop) did a little better with undervolting at stock, but I could only reasonably get up to 4.6 GHz with OC.  I did get a Cinebench run or two in at 4.7, but there was no difference in the scores.  Also the system was already hitting 100°C (although at the end of the run, cause I let the system idle for a couple hours beforehand with the fans at 100%); and 5mV lower would have made it BSOD mid-run.)

Hey I wonder who else has cut it that close on an overclock, especially under water (or even LN2 or LHe)? (Where <5 mV makes the difference between TJMax (100°C in my case) vs a BSOD within several seconds of starting a load, after running the fans at 100% for several seconds in a semi-cool environment.)

I want to try OC'ing my 6700K laptop again sometime, when the house temp is < 60°F this winter (we currently have no heat), and this time use our 18" high-velocity fan for cooling assistance, and do it next to the freezer in the laundry room (probably the coldest room in the house this time of year) in the very early morning.  (Was just thinking... If I was at a place with a walk-in freezer, I wonder how far the laptop or my desktop could be pushed...)

In ancient times of AMD Barton's I had an Athlon XP 2500+ (1833Mhz) that was able to reach 2400Mhz with significant undervolt.

Depends of the "silicon lottery" but OC on more modern CPU-s is more resticted.

I edit my posts more often than not

Hey guys, it's Christmas, not Easter.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x