Warning about MSI and Question on what to do

logic91

I would never recommend any msi products, to anyone. I bought one of their laptops in the first month my battery dies. In the third month my screen gets a line of dead pixels.
So I sent in my laptop and got it back in like 2 weeks, just to turn around and have to send it right back to them. The screen they replaced it with was messed up, so they replaced one bad screen with another. Then after my computer arrived the second time I didn't recieve an email it got there just like the first time. Thanks to UPS for sending me an email saying it got there though. So I called a couple days after it got there to check the status and I got two answers one person said it hasn't been scanned in then another said they were working on it, so I don't know who was right. 
So I called a few days after that and I talked to someone who said my laptop wasn't in their system at all, and would call me back in an hour after he talked to the people at the warrhouse where they do the repairs. It took 4 other calls and almost 5 hours later for me to find out what was going on with my computer. I also tried to call their customer service which was no help because when I called I never got an answer, I even left a message and no one called back. I even did this with one of the higher ups in the MSI US office as well, and never got a call back from them either. I would say MSI failed on delivering a good product, and customer service.

Also now I'm going to be stuck with their sucky laptop and service, which I really don't want to do. Anyone have any thoughts on what I could do, or how I could trade this laptop for something like an ASUS? I don't have have a ton of money to spend I spent majority of my extra money on this laptop, but if anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. 

Where are you from?

Strange MSI are normally really great with this

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

which laptop did you have?

INTEL i7 4790K | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X GAMING 5 | A-DATA 16GB | PCS+ R9 290 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO | MOMENTUS XT BARRACUDA |  FRACTAL DESIGN R4

I've never heard of MSI failing this hard on a product ever. However in their defense, the first doesn't have anything to do with them (if I recall correctly) because they do not make their own batteries.

Normally MSI is great really but service can differ between countries. If you bought it online and you have a 100% money back return policy within a certain period I would say utilize that and buy a different laptop. Otherwise try calling them directly and politely but adamantly ask for some form of compensation or proper service.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Sometimes companies just fuck up, shit happens. You cant condemn them because of one incident.

the first doesn't have anything to do with them (if I recall correctly) because they do not make their own batteries.

It's their laptop...

Not like they can say 'hey we dont make the battery no rma for you" because really most components are made by other companies in china and MSI just puts the parts together to make a laptop.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It's their laptop...

Not like they can say 'hey we dont make the battery no rma for you" because really most components are made by other companies in china and MSI just puts the parts together to make a laptop.

My point is that they are not the ones directly to blame. If they order 20000 batteries for their laptops then there is bound to be at least 1 failure. Sure they perform QC but that kind of stuff WILL just happen.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

My point is that they are not the ones directly to blame. If they order 20000 batteries for their laptops then there is bound to be at least 1 failure. Sure they perform QC but that kind of stuff WILL just happen.

True. They still have to deal with the problem though.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I love my MSI Wind U90... it's been running 24/7 for 3 years without major problems - the cooling fan needed to be replaced. I'm surprised you had so many problems.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

True. They still have to deal with the problem though.

Not saying they shouldn't. Just saying that the blame for the battery issue shouldn't go on MSI alone.

Sorry forgot to put I'm from the United States Illinois to be exact. Also I bought the GT70 Dominator.