The Gaming community is truely amazing.

Alex Branham

I hear people complain about the gaming community all the time, but what I don't get is why?  Yeah we are dick heads but being such dick heads toward the game devs is what makes them get their shit togeather. like watch dogs is a awesome game but Ubisoft got tore apart for 1 fuck up. Idk if it's just me that see the gaming community like this, we hold games to such high standards we won't let 1 fuck up pass us without ripping the Devs a new ass hole for it. thought I get some others opinion on this matter. I think we are dicks all the time but that is whats going to make the future of gaming so awesome!

I don't know... I think the gaming community is keeping things going because of the attitude it has to the devs but in reality we are all dogs that bark but dont bite(Its a saying where I live)

EDIT: 501st post...weehaa

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

I hear people complain about the gaming community all the time, but what I don't get is why?  Yeah we are dick heads but being such dick heads toward the game devs is what makes them get their shit togeather. like watch dogs is a awesome game but Ubisoft got tore apart for 1 fuck up. Idk if it's just me that see the gaming community like this, we hold games to such high standards we won't let 1 fuck up pass us without ripping the Devs a new ass hole for it. thought I get some others opinion on this matter. I think we are dicks all the time but that is whats going to make the future of gaming so awesome!

people threaten game devs and their family's lives over things they have no control over, but still buy the game anyway.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

I think people aren't complaining about the gaming community so much as the "twelvies playing cod" 'gamers'.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Gaming communities ....

I hate any related to mmorpgs because right now those communities want nothing like what I want from an mmorpg and on top of that many of the players over the years in those games definitely did not understand healthy gaming nor wanted it and didn't care whether or not you missed out on content because you would not raid 3 or more days per week.  Also gosh forbid you mentioned questing and thinking it should be better and people should be playing in the open world created more.  OMG no don't have any of that.  **** the mmorpg gaming communities!

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Criticizing game developers is just fine. The problem is that parts of the "gaming community" (God, I hate that phrase) make death treats towards developers and their families

That is beyond douchey, and are not people I would call awesome.

Don't forget that the "gaming community" also includes the people calling you racist slures over CoD and LoL. Again, I would not call these people awesome.

Then again, calling an entire group of people "awesome" never made sense to me. In any group there will be assholes and there will be gentlemen. That's just human nature.

Let's all stand on our own merits. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Criticizing game developers is just fine. The problem is that parts of the "gaming community" (God, I hate that phrase) make death treats towards developers and their families

That is beyond douchey, and are now people I would call awesome.

Don't forget that the "gaming community" also includes the people calling you racist slures over CoD and LoL. Again, I would not call these people awesome.

Then again, calling an entire group of people "awesome" never made sense to me. In any group there will be assholes and there will be gentlemen. That's just human nature.

Let's all stand on our own merits. 

Wait, so people that make death threats to people are awesome?

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Wait, so people that make death threats to people are awesome?

God fucking dammit. It was suppose to say ´not´and not ´now´. Teaches me to write two things at the same time.

God fucking dammit. It was suppose to say ´not´and not ´now´. Teaches me to write two things at the same time.

ok thats more like it.

LOL

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I think people aren't complaining about the gaming community so much as the "twelvies playing cod" 'gamers'.

Well i think it's more Halo gamers on Xbox

The community as a whole is okay. It's the black marks like the elitists that give it a bad image and make the whole community look bad because they, unfortunately, seem to be the most vocal. Always preaching "X is better than Y" or "You've played game X !? You're not a real game Y player!"

On one hand you have the reputation of Games like LoL, CoD etc. that are mostly bad besides the pro scene. On the other hand you have developers like Ubisoft that don't make mistakes, they intentionally limit the experience of certain users (like PC Gamers in the example of Watch Dogs). So as great as say the first Assasins Creed games were, over the past 5 years they build up a bad rep with that behavior. I think in most games the hate is being shot at the devs. but the real culprit are their superiors. 

If you look at the E-sports scene of games like Dota 2 or League of Legends, you have a fantastic reputation though. 

At the end of the day, it is hard to judge why we have this "bad" reputation if I am a part of it. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Don't forget that the "gaming community" also includes the people calling you racist slures over CoD and LoL.

I don't think it has anything to do with gaming in particular. It seems to be something about the Internet and the anonymity which makes people behave in this way. Just look at places like youtube and other websites with lots of comments and it seems like it's not a gaming-specific problem, it's an Internet problem. People seem to flip out much more easily than they would in real life.

Ill complain about the gamomg community because we as consumers have helped get the industry in the shit place it is now. Want to know why theres all the dlc because people drop the current hot games for the next one and if there is no reason to go back they wont. This is also why ea pushed to get BF4 out first.

I don't think it has anything to do with gaming in particular. It seems to be something about the Internet and the anonymity which makes people behave in this way. Just look at places like youtube and other websites which lots of comments and it seems like it's not a gaming-specific problem, it's an Internet problem. People seem to flip out much more easily than they would in real life.

As I wrote, any group will have assholes and it will have gentlemen.

My point is that if we were to create a group and call it "The gaming community", we would have to include the racist, homophobic 12 year old, aswell as the nice, constructive 12 year old.

We can't just have the one- 

I don't think it has anything to do with gaming in particular. It seems to be something about the Internet and the anonymity which makes people behave in this way. Just look at places like youtube and other websites with lots of comments and it seems like it's not a gaming-specific problem, it's an Internet problem. People seem to flip out much more easily than they would in real life.

Thats actually starting to translate to real life now though as many people are spending more time online than about so it becomes who they are.

My point is that if we were to create a group and call it "The gaming community", we would have to include the racist, homophobic 12 year old, aswell as the nice, constructive 12 year old.

You could just have the one but then youd be elitist. :P

Don't forget about trolls

They didn't "fuck up" on watch dogs, they fucked it up on purpose (for pc anyways) so that console would look better.

And as for death threats, EA deserves them, but only EA, and only the jackasses in charge, not the actual devs themselves, just the retards who only see dollar signs and fuck things up rushing them out so they can get more money sooner.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs