Best features on Sony Xperia Z2.

1. The easiest and quickest way to toggle these settings is to flick down from the top of the screen, revealing your notifications bar, and then tap the ‘Quick Settings’ tab in the top right

1398606305_w220_h391.png 1398606324_w220_h391.png 1398606607_w220_h391.png

2. You’ll see a panel of buttons, including the likes of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and auto-rotate: just tap each one to turn the feature on or off (shaded means the feature is off)

3. A few of our favourite features such as Airplane Mode, Mobile Data and Stamina Mode aren’t in the panel by default - you’ll need to add these yourself. To do so, hit the ‘Edit’ button to the right off the date and time, and then select/de-select any features you want/don’t want

Sony Xperia Z2 Tip 2: Block out the world

One of the coolest new features of the Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone is its built-in noise cancellation when using earphones. This only works with Sony’s earphones, bundled with the Xperia Z2, so you can’t just plug in any old pair sadly, but the clever cancellation jazz is performed by the phone itself, so the ‘phones don’t require any batteries for the feature to work.

wedopc-sony-xperia-z2-headphones.jpg

To make sure noise cancellation is turned on, just go to Settings > Sound > Audio accessories, and make sure ‘noise-cancelling headset’ is selected. Then plug in your ‘phones and enjoy the peace.

Sony Xperia Z2 Tip 3: Tidy up your status bar

See that thin bar at the top of the Xperia Z2’s screen, which shows the time, reception bar etc? That’s the ‘status bar’, and it quickly gets cluttered when you’ve got lots of features turned on. Thankfully it’s quick and simple to tidy the damn thing up.

1. Go to Settings > Personalisation > Status bar icons

2. From this menu, you can select and de-select which icons appear in the status bar

1398606758_w660_h351.png

Sony Xperia Z2 Tip 4: Simplify your desktop

If you’re not used to smartphones, or you just prefer a simplified, stripped-back interface, you can swap to Sony’s ‘Simple Home’ layout instead. This custom desktop features larger icons, ideal for older users with restricted eyesight or mobility, plus three speed dial buttons.

1. Go to Settings > Home

2. Select ‘Simple Home’. A brief explanation appears, just tap ‘OK’ to proceed

3. Your one-piece desktop will appear, containing only the most useful features plus the speed dial buttons. To exit back to the normal Xperia desktop, go to Settings > Exit Simple Home

Sony Xperia Z2 Tip 5: Get longer battery life

I found the Xperia Z2 comfortably lasted a day between charges, providing you aren’t caning it with lots of video streaming and gaming. But if you find yourself stranded often with almost no power left, Sony has a few different features to extend your battery life.

1. Go to Settings > Power Management, where you’ll find a number of different modes - turn on each one you want to by flipping the virtual switches to ‘on’.

2. STAMINA mode extends battery life by turning off Wi-Fi and mobile data when the phone’s screen is off. That means you’ll have to turn your phone on to receive any new emails, social media updates etc. but the battery will barely drain when in hibernation.

1398607354_w220_h391.png 1398607390_w220_h391.png 1398607403_w220_h391.png

3. Low-battery mode activates at a set battery level (e.g. 20 percent by default), and disables certain features (e.g. Bluetooth, GPS) until the phone is charged again. You can select which features are disabled, and at what point low-battery mode turns on - simply tap Low-battery mode in the Power Management menu.

4. Location-based Wi-Fi is worth turning on too - this only activates Wi-Fi when you’re in range of a saved Wi-Fi network, so it doesn’t stay on pointlessly at all times.

Sony Xperia Z2 Tip 6: Banish the shaky-cam videos

One of the best new video features of the Sony Xperia Z2 is the ‘SteadyShot’ option, which helps to cut down annoying shaking when you’re shooting video and moving about at the same time.

1. Open the Camera app

2. In the bottom left corner you’ll find an icon that looks like three square dots in a line. Tap this to bring up the camera settings.

3. The menu that springs up has three tabs - camera, video and general settings. Go into the video settings by tapping the movie reel icon.

4. Make sure ‘SteadyShot’ is activated (the switch should be positioned to the right).

1398606867_w670_h377.png

Check out Linu's full 

for their full thoughts on this five-star smartphone.

source.

I like the high res camera, the fact that its waterproof, and the skins look cool.

Currently spending money on parts

The front facing speakers and the included EQ are really cool! 

Love the Z2 for its camera and audio quality. Its nice to see see a company whose roots are in HiFi striving to bring good quality audio to phones. Kudos to Sony for that. Haven't had much exposure to Dbrand, looks like a lot of quality custom available there. Love their wooden finishes.

I like this phone so much, i relly like its pereformance and it has everything that i want in my phone. About dbrand i like that you can order your phobe costumized gow you want in every color.

I like orange color and linustechtips.

I like the Xperia Z2 because it has a great camera and front-facing speakers, and Ilike dbrand because they let you make a device the way you like.

The camera on the Z2 is great, i really like it. And dbrand skin is awesome !

The Z2's waterproofness is what really makes it for me, now showers dont seem so boring.

Oh, and the dbrand skins look fantastic as well.

what i love about Xperia Z2 is the design. the Omnibalance design is really sexy! and plus the awesome noise cancelation of th eZ2... :))

what i love about dBrand is their designs and really perfect fit stickers (or whatever they call it)... and i love them cause they are giving away a free beastly smartphone.

Love the design and the material used.The glass looks and feels really nice.

Been using a dbrand skin on my Nexus 5 and its really awesome.Great quality!!

I love the front facing speakers and it has an awesome custom LTT skin!!!

Spoiler

MSI X299 Tomahawk AC, Intel core i5 7640X, MSI R9 280X, Cooler Master Cosmos 2, 16GB Team Dark Pro 3200, RaidMax Cobra 1000W, Adata 240GB SSD, OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD, 2xSeagate 1TB HDD, 1xSeagate 2TB HDD

OMG, finally, the Z2! I think the most favorite thing about the Z2 to me is the design. It uses premium material and looks sleek! 

Dbrand, da brand of the skin I use on my Nexus 4. What I like most about them is the ability to order custom skins.... and the skins they make are very nice!

On the other hand, sir Linus, what do you think of the Xperia Z1 Compact? It's a smaller version of Z1 but with no compromise because it has the exact same specs as the Z1. It also features an IPS panel..

Also, what do you think of small flagships like the Z1 compact? I mean, flagships nowadays have gone into the phablet and manufacturers left the smaller phone segment with mediocre specs. Shouldn't manufacturers make more phones like the Z1 Compact instead the current 'mini's of flagships that have ridiculous specs.

Love the waterproof! I can use it in the shower :P Also I love the skin!

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Front facing speakers!!! Finally!!!! Cool. B)

dbrand has cool skins and they use good quality 3M materrials. :D

I love the Z2's camera and that orange skin is really nice. 

I really like the dbrand costume skins. 

My favourite part about the Z2 is that its hardware is all around great. Waterproofness being the main differentiator from other high end phones. I love seeing custom cases so that has to be my favourite thing about dbrand.

My favorite thing about the Z2 is that it has great technical specs giving the android a nice smooth experience while maintaining very strong battery life.
I also love the build quality of dbrand's skins.

Oh I would love to win this...

My favorite part is the front facing speakers.

And I love the skins because they take advantage of all areas possible to add "character" all over the phone..

I like the fact that dbrand put the wan show intro in a orange skin on the back and i like the screen size and water proof features.

The best thing about the phone, is the Linus Tech Tips skin and dbrand are awesome for sponsoring the video!

Great giveaway! I like the Z2 because it features a dedicated camera button and dbrand because they are able to bring a device to the next level with a custom design.

Favourite aspect of Xperia Z2: Waterproof. My last phone died when I was running home in the rain. 

Favourite aspect of D-Brand: They know that LinusTechTips is the best tech channel.

What is there to say about this phone? Except it's just awesome! Me, personally, watched a lot of videos about the Z2 and just can't keep my eyes of it. It's just gorgeous :) My favourite thing about it is it's design, that is just stylish and simple, modern looking. It's SEXY! ;) Also the camera is amazing, as well as the specs. I just love it, and it would be a nice upgrade from my Samsung Galaxy Mini 2... :) Now the thing about dbrand for me is... It's really nice to be able to customize your phone looks, and make it unique and just the way you like it. And dbrand really gives that a big chance and I just love that... Maybe some day I'll get my new phone customized like that and I now know where to look. It's kind of funny to say "thank you" to them (dbrand), but anyway... Thank you all, guys, for making these kind of giveaways and making people happy. :) Good luck to all of you and I hope you will have fun with your new beast of a phone. All best ;)