Re-branded things that make little-to-no sense to the consumer.

So, I just found out that this thing was an actual thing.

post-64847-0-06658900-1407096621.jpg

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/107147-intels-liquid-cpu-cooler-is-water-worth-the-cost

My question is WHY!?!? This is quite essentially a re-branding of an ASETEK cooler, made for Intel fanboys. Nothing against Intel or their followers, but this is quite ridiculous if you ask me. I am a member of the Red Team myself, (*starts AMD! chant*) but I would never buy what I would call an 'ok' re-branded cooler just to have one and show my support that way.

But I digress. The reason I wanted to start this thread, was because I wanted to know if anyone else has ever seen/heard of/has a link to another product similar to this, in that it was re-branded to sell to a specific crowd. Would you buy this if you were an Intel fanboy? Would you buy something else like this if it were AMD? NVIDIA? Let me know. And if you can find the product online, include a link with it. I would love to see them.

CPU FX 8350 OCed to 4.7GHz  Motherboard Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 rev. 4 RAM 8 Gigs (2x4Gigs) PNY 1600  GPU Sapphire R9 280  Case Fractal Design Define S  Storage Seagate - 1TB Internal, WD Blue 250Gb PSU Thermaltake Smart 'M' Series 850 watt modular PSU.  Display(s) (Right now) AOC 22" 69V Series 6ms response time IPS monitor  Cooling 2 Fractal Design Case Fans, CPU cooled by Cryorig H5 Ultimate  Keyboard Razer Black Widow (2013) Ultimate Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma

That's a nice colour.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

It's a cooler supplied by Intel for their CPUs, I see no issue...

AMD did the same thing for the 8150, 8350 and 9590.

Would I buy it? No, 120mm AIOs are fucking stupid.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I... Fanboyism on either side is stupid. Claiming your are on one side or the other is stupid. (Yes I'm referring to you as well) Brand loyalty in technology is stupid. Showing that you like one of your current products is not stupid.

I would buy it just to be the ultimate middle finger to AMD noobs :)

Its all looks these days

I... Fanboyism on either side is stupid. Claiming your are on one side or the other is stupid. (Yes I'm referring to you as well) Brand loyalty in technology is stupid. Showing that you like one of your current products is not stupid.

I am not sure where you would stand on the following.

I prefer Intel CPUs. They perform much better in terms of single core performance and I like the wide selection of motherboards in various form factors.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I suppose so. Again, I would not buy it, it just doesn't make much sense to me. I do like that you included a link and picture. Thank you.

CPU FX 8350 OCed to 4.7GHz  Motherboard Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 rev. 4 RAM 8 Gigs (2x4Gigs) PNY 1600  GPU Sapphire R9 280  Case Fractal Design Define S  Storage Seagate - 1TB Internal, WD Blue 250Gb PSU Thermaltake Smart 'M' Series 850 watt modular PSU.  Display(s) (Right now) AOC 22" 69V Series 6ms response time IPS monitor  Cooling 2 Fractal Design Case Fans, CPU cooled by Cryorig H5 Ultimate  Keyboard Razer Black Widow (2013) Ultimate Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma

Cheaper than the H60 this was meant to be an alternative to the OEM cooler which wasn't supplied for the LGA2011 socket. It makes perfect sense in my opinion, it's a way of supplying a good cooling solution cheaper than what it would've been had it been branded with Corsair or what ever else.

I prefer Intel CPUs. They perform much better in terms of single core performance and I like the wide selection of motherboards in various form factors.

Those are things that even AMD wouldn't deny. Not fanboyism based off of a brand. What you said is true for this generation. It may not be true for a future generation. You give your reasoning, I'm referring to choosing a product solely off of brand.

I am not sure where you would stand on the following.

I like your reasoning. As an AMD fan (call me stupid if you wish) I am dissapointed that there are not as many options for Motherboards. Intel get Z87s and 97s... All I can do is sit, hope, and pray that there is someone out there that will make something similar for the Red Team.

I suppose so. Again, I would not buy it, it just doesn't make much sense to me. I do like that you included a link and picture. Thank you.

Then don't buy it, if it doesn't make sense to you why bitch and moan about it online instead of just ignoring it?

If it doesn't effect you whatsoever I see no reason to even pay attention to it.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Another post by me.

What about power supplies? Plenty of XFX and EVGA units are rebranded Seasonic units. Corsair's units are mostly Channel Well, with some Seasonic sprinkled in. A lot of Antec's High Current Gamer series is Delta OEM PSUs.

I like your reasoning. As an AMD fan (call me stupid if you wish) I am dissapointed that there are not as many options for Motherboards. Intel get Z87s and 97s... All I can do is sit, hope, and pray that there is someone out there that will make something similar for the Red Team.

Crap sorry I didn't mean to call you stupid. I meant to say that choosing  CPU and MOBO based off of brand, not off of budget/use, is stupid. AMD is epic for CPUs and Motherboards that perform well without breaking the bank.

Op intel felt they had to offer a stock cooler for 2011 and thats it. Also aseteck makes most CLC's.

Another post by me.

What about power supplies? Plenty of XFX and EVGA units are rebranded Seasonic units. Corsair's units are mostly Channel Well, with some Seasonic sprinkled in. A lot of Antec's High Current Gamer series is Delta OEM PSUs.

What are each priced compared to the OEM counterparts? How has the support been for each company? Do any of them have longer warranties? 

I won't call you stupid, we all have personal preferences.

I don't think that there will be many more new motherboards for AM3+, since AM4 is most likely around the corner.

What are each priced compared to the OEM counterparts? How has the support been for each company? Do any of them have longer warranties? 

XFX and EVGA PSUs normally float around the price of their OEM counterparts. The only thing you would buy an EVGA PSU for over a Seasonic is EVGA's warranty/customer support. Corsair's PSUs are normally on decent sales, and XFX PSUs are generally well priced. Antec, I am not sure about though.

XFX and EVGA PSUs normally float around the price of their OEM counterparts. The only thing you would buy an EVGA PSU for over a Seasonic is EVGA's warranty/customer support. Corsair's PSUs are normally on decent sales, and XFX PSUs are generally well priced. Antec, I am not sure about though.

Sorry I wasn't asking about what they actually are, I know the pricing and everything, I said that as a response to what you said. That is what you have to consider when choosing between the same PSU from different companies, or good PSU vs good PSU.

Antec has been hit or miss but generally alright for the price.

For those saying I was 'bitching and moaning' about these re-brandings, that was NOT the purpose of this thread. I was trying to see if anyone knew of any other ones similar that they might like to share. I was in no way complaining, just trying to start a nice discussion.

Sorry I wasn't asking about what they actually are, I know the pricing and everything, I said that as a response to what you said. That is what you have to consider when choosing between the same PSU from different companies, or good PSU vs good PSU.

Antec has been hit or miss but generally alright for the price.

Top end antec has always been great, theyre the corsair dominator of psu's.

For those saying I was 'bitching and moaning' about these re-brandings, that was NOT the purpose of this thread. I was trying to see if anyone knew of any other ones similar that they might like to share. I was in no way complaining, just trying to start a nice discussion.

A large portaion of the industry is just that.

Top end antec has always been great, theyre the corsair dominator of psu's.

Oh yeah they have  really nice PSUs at the top end absolutely, but top end isn't 100% of what they make. I was referring to a couple of their earthwatts have had some less than amazing reviews.

Oh yeah they have really nice PSUs at the top end absolutely, but top end isn't 100% of what they make. I was referring to a couple of their earthwatts have had some less than amazing reviews.

The eqrly ones sucked the revised green ones with the G in the name and green pain were great. This was back when they kinda pioneered the low end but efficient psu market. Antec has fallen a long way since then and i really wish they would get their act together.

The eqrly ones sucked the revised green ones with the G in the name and green pain were great. This was back when they kinda pioneered the low end but efficient psu market. Antec has fallen a long way since then and i really wish they would get their act together.

Yeah that's what I mean by hit or miss. They have had some great stuff and some trash-tier stuff. I've used the earthwatt green 380w and it was great.