Can people send messages directly to Linus?

legend8887

Linus is not a being someone like you can "speak" to.. what hubris... 

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

depends if they make sense.

if you have a reasonable question, im sure he would take a minute to answer them

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Thats not possible. You have to message all the mods, all the member on this forum. Then ask yourself. Call Tori Black. Then only linus will approve your message. That will be unread...

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

You can but it's unlikely that you will get a reply, it would depend on the topic of your message.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

And would he actually reply to them?

Yes, but there is a secret portal and you have to be chosen to be able send your message directly to Linus through that portal. Even if you do get chosen there is no guarantee that he will reply. But if he does........consider yourself incredibly lucky. :P (JK)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

It depends if your message involves something that will give him money.

First thou must sacrifice an apple, a dell, and an HP to the great lord GabeN in a fire. Then thou must then endure many trials by Nvidia and AMD fanboy trolls. However this is only the first stage, there are many to follow, and even upon completing them thou must be deemed worthy by the great Linus himself.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I linked linus and slick to a lot of forum threads before and they came and replied to the thread. 

He is above all of us, one does not just talk to Linus almighty

:/

I linked linus and slick to a lot of forum threads before and they came and replied to the thread. 

BLASPHEMOUS LIES! (kidding)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

You can, if it's not stupid. I've had a couple smart questions/statements (for him and Slick) and they both got around to them. Linus was quicker though.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

He'll get your message, but he may or may not respond. He's busy most of the time.

COMIC SANS

Do it via Twitter, frankley O think that's the best way to go.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

He's more likely to reply to a tweet than on the forums. Not that he's likely to reply at all right now, the man is about to have a new son/daughter, but if you want to try I'd say twitter.

-------

Current Rig

-------

He's responded to all my messages (at least 5)

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock