Nvidia Getting Ready for a Geforce “Grand Finale” At Gamescom

It looks like Nvidia is gearing up for something on Gamescom 2014, the last day to be precise. The event is under the GTX Geforce banner and is labeled as “We show you how GeForce GTX graphics cards and NVIDIA technologies bring PC gaming to a new dimension.”. Needless to say Green is getting ready for something big, but the real question is, just how much of that is PR buff

Could this be the unveiling of the 880?

What do you guys think?

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-geforce-grand-finale-gamescom-2014/

I think the green team are marketing like the red team now and we've got the worlds largest rumor and "make shit up" news site to prove it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

lol wccf, @Askew got it down perfectly. 

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

So WCCF claims Nvidia claims that they've developed a machine that uses Nvidia graphics cards that can transport someone into a different dimension where our rules of physics may not apply?

Yeah, nah...

dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

It's the tablet... If I remember right, Nvidia is releasing the tablet to the public in Europe in mid-August.

This have nothing to do with their GTX graphics cards, apart from that you would want one for game streaming.

Edit: And I can't, I just can't take WCCF seriously. ALL THEY ARE RELEASING IS SPECULATIONS.

It's the tablet... If I remember right, Nvidia is releasing the tablet to the public in Europe in mid-August.

This have nothing to do with their GTX graphics cards, apart from that you would want one for game streaming.

Edit: And I can't, I just can't take WCCF seriously. ALL THEY ARE RELEASING IS SPECULATIONS.

What?

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

What?

Nvidia Shield Tablet isn't available here in Europe yet (At least not in Sweden), and if I remember right. Then it would arrive in mid-August, and hey Gamescom is in mid-August. I just figure, you know, that they would show it off there.

As for the WCCF part. It's rare for them to come out with rumors that are solid.

Indeed lately they been doing all this ridiculous PR stunts for fucking shit like "Yay....a new APU for laptops" and "Look at us! A new fucking tablet...." that when the 880 is finally confirmed it will probably be "Yeah you know rumor article #54912934? That one is true expect the card in 4 weeks" and that's it no press release, no big reveal, nothing.

-------

Current Rig

-------

We need a macro that automatically changes any wccf link posted to that image....perhaps a smaller version but still.

That would be pretty funny actually, I see that a member of WCCF has signed up to the forum also and has begun to defend their articles. If I was an admin I would change his avatar to that image. :D

I have to say, I've been considering making the image smaller.

Obviously they are making their own VR headset. I'm calling it now.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

Nope, I won't believe anything until I see the actual card, in the hands of Jen Hsun Huang.

That would be pretty funny actually, I see that a member of WCCF has signed up to the forum also and has begun to defend their articles. If I was an admin I would change his avatar to that image. :D

I have to say, I've been considering making the image smaller.

Xb1VR7s.png

G97GSiK.png

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Nope, I won't believe anything until I see the actual card, in the hands of Jen Hsun Huang.

Xb1VR7s.png

G97GSiK.png

Excellent work bro! I will save these immediately for useage in the future.

Thank you!

Im just so done with all these rumors man... I swear mods should just remove any kind or videocardz, wccftech, tweaktown, semiaccurate article they see until Nvidia announces something officially. GPU's always come out eventually and theres no sense in discussing how they might be/ how they might perform until you can actually take a look at real benchmarks/reviews. 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Im just so done with all these rumors man... I swear mods should just remove any kind or videocardz, wccftech, tweaktown, semiaccurate article they see until Nvidia announces something officially. GPU's always come out eventually and theres no sense in discussing how they might be/ how they might perform until you can actually take a look at real benchmarks/reviews. 

In their defense, nowhere does it state that you NEED to read these posts.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB