Do you all cook or eat out more?

Sammael

Now for the sub 18 crowd, I'd imagine a majority would be eating at home by meals cooked by you or your parents.  But what about those living on their own or with others away from home?

I used to cook a bit, but usually don't feel like bothering so I mostly eat out.  You all?

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

I love me some indian/thai food but I'm 15. My mom makes dinner...  :lol:  :lol:

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Lately I've been eating a lot of Burger king since they introduced the Big King, But I normally cook a lot from home.

I'm 17 and I have a huge interest in cooking. 

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

I almost always cook myself. Its nothing extraordinary...mostly chicken and veggies. rarely paste rarely potatoes.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I am afraid to BBQ and have only done it supervised.  I have no patience to learn to cook and also holding me back from doing much cooking is the fact I can't afford all the ingredients people often are asked to get/need to cook something.  Like Vascol I have eaten quite a bit of Burger King lately but it has been the Whopper Jr. which is nice and cheap but good and it has the veggies on it and my drink with it is always water.  I eat cheap as much as I can if I am eating out.

Oh and something as simple as cooking eggs.  I bought a carton of them maybe 2 months ago or a little more and they just sat there in the fridge cuz I hate the splashing of grease cooking them and even though I have made perfect sunny side up eggs before I worried about screwing them up and it ticking me off and so they just sat there in the fridge to never be used.

Cooking is also time consuming and I have enough trouble in regards to using time well and having it run out on me.  I walk everywhere so I find when I get home from being out or if I am going to be heading out somewhere I don't want to be cooking and I don't.

Cooking in the next life for me ... like many things.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

When working i tended to cook everything myself. That means fresh vegetables, meat from the butchers etc, trying to steer clear of frozen shit. Can't afford butcher quality meat as much now, but still prefer cooking my own stuff.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I make some food by myself during the summer. Make noodles or microwave meals. I'm too lazy to cook so i just cook basic things. I don't know much food to cook, I'm only 13.

Restaurants are expensive and I'd rather cook for myself or have someone else cook for me.

With that said, I'm terrible at cooking and would rather go out to eat if I had to choose.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

I live with my grandma <3 

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

Yeah, my main problem with cooking myself is that it's time consuming. Although a buddy of mine said, that he has one cooking day a week, which is usually sunday, and he packages his food in tupperware containers, so he just needs to microwave it throughout the week. He's following some mass building diet though, which consists of chicken, brown rice, veggies, and the occasional fruit, so it's not like he is going for diversity.

Eating out is way too expensive.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I've decided that I won't be cooking for as long as I am making enough money to not have to do so. I really don't want to waste more of what is left of my free time. Eating out is more expensive for sure but that is why I work.

I don't often do normal cooking, however I bake alot.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

eating out is too expensive but apparently not enough to deter me from spending lots of money on it D:  I'm too lazy to cook...

AMD FX 8350, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x4GB 1866, PNY GTX780, Corsair HX850, Phantom 630, Samsung 120GB SSD, WD Black 2TB HDD

Rest in peace, legend.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, 4TB Samsung SSD, and a crippling depression that causes me to buy games and not play them lol

Since I currently go to Uni, eat out.

Good Morning...

I eat out most of the time, or take-out food to eat at home. I don't have cooking skills. LOL.

Been living pretty much by my own since 16's  and no one to cook or money to eat out so yeah my life is shit in that point of view most of the time i dont even eat cause what i cook i shit.

Ya know like that bad....

Food-Fails-001.jpg

I wonder what solution others found :|

make my own food because i prefer to avoid going outside.

I can't cook anything. I just won't learn anything. The only thing I can cook is BBQ (but everyone can do that because it's so easy). Eating out is too expensive to do more frequently than like once per 3 weeks. I still live in my home, so if I need to eat, I just grab something easy to do like a sandwich. And if there's no food that could be made easily, I'll just eat emergency food rations. Yes, I'm a lazy cook and in fact one of our class's worst cooks.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.