[News 24] Giraffe hits head on Highway Bridge, dies

MetEishYa

Well this happened yesterday here in South Africa.

One of the giraffes being transported in a truck on the highway in Centurion has died, according to reports.

According to witnesses one of the giraffes had knocked its head when the truck drove under a bridge.Rick Allen MD of Tshwana SPCA told News24 that the SPCA was investigating the incident, with the intention of laying charges against those responsible.

Allen said: "The SABS has published a code for wildlife transport, and it would appear that the open transport with the giraffes' head sticking out is not acceptable."

The SPCA has ascertained that Nature Conservation has issued permits for the transport of the animals.

Sapa reported that the other giraffe was taken to a wildlife veterinary clinic. 

Dion Abrahamson, News24 user, who saw the truck wrote: “I saw the truck transporting the two giraffes at 11:45 this morning. The truck was just before the Van Buuren off ramp on the N1 to Pretoria. The giraffes were blindfolded so they couldn't even see any bridges. Disgraceful.”

Rick Allen MD of Tshwana SPCA told News24 that the SPCA was investigating the incident, with the intention of laying charges against those responsible.

Allen said: "The SABS has published a code for wildlife transport, and it would appear that the open transport with the giraffes' head sticking out is not acceptable."

The SPCA has ascertained that Nature Conservation has issued permits for the transport of the animals.

Sapa reported that the other giraffe was taken to a wildlife veterinary clinic. 

Dion Abrahamson, News24 user, who saw the truck wrote: “I saw the truck transporting the two giraffes at 11:45 this morning. The truck was just before the Van Buuren off ramp on the N1 to Pretoria. The giraffes were blindfolded so they couldn't even see any bridges. Disgraceful.”

How stupid can some one actually be? Not to mention animal cruelty.

The Hangover Part 3 had a scene like this just to show the insane stupidity. I'm sure they they sat around a table thinking what the dumbest thing a person can do, and then going beyond that to create that scene.

The worst part is the people will probable get away with just a fine under R 10,000 ($1000) .

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Giraffe-hits-head-on-highway-bridge-dies-20140731

Edit: Tittle changed to show news story line.

ah for fucks sake.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I was expecting the scene from Hangover.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

What is this, The Hangover?

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

The only thing I could think when I saw the title was "please don't be in the news section" xD 

Not tech news that's why i didn't put it there.

What is this, The Hangover?

Nope a news story here in South Africa.

Lmfao I shouldn't find this funny but picturing it is hilarious.

Haha just picturing hangover ;)

CPU 5900x| GPU 3080ti FE| MOBO MSI MPG CARBON MAX| RAM 32GB VENGENCE PRO 3200Mhz| STORAGE Samsung 980 Pro 1TB,2X WDSN750,4TB Seagate Barracuda| COOLING 1x Corsair 360mm XR7 54mm Radiator,1x EK-CoolStream PE 360mm Radiator| GPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XG7 RGB| CPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XC5 RGB| Fittings: EK-Torque STC & Corsair Hydro X Series XF| Pump/Res: EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5| Tubing: Corsair Hydro X Series XT Softline| Liquid: Corsair Hydro X Series XL5 Clear| Fans: 10x Corsair SP120 RGB

Oh, the retardation.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Blindfolding non domestic animals during transport is common practice actually. It helps to keep them calm. Still, the driver should have known better than to leave their heads sticking out, or at least tried to pick a route without low bridges.

Not gonna lie, I did picture this and laughed a bit.

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

Should have learned to DODGE!!!!!!

For fuck's sake, DUCK, giraffe!!

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

& then there was Jeff, we don't talk about him anymore.. may his soul rest in eace...

Details separate people.