i tried my hardest and i still only used 5.3gbs of ram

aidenrelkoff

so the other day i was doing some science and i got tired of opening and closing tabs, so i just left them open with the other 14 programs i had open.

and still only 5.3gbs of ram used, i guess i wont upgrade to 16gb anytime soon lol

post-45248-0-10641400-1406830718_thumb.p

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

i was just surfing normally on chrome with 16 tabs and it was using 8gb... and 40% of my cpu..

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I'm using 5GBs of RAM by through just Chrome and a few other applications.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Minecraft is pretty good at filling up ram usage, especially with the render distance at full, and or world editing

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

See and people think I'm crazy on here when I say oh you don't need more than 8 gigs.

If you game or just use computer for surfing the web maybe, otherwise you're so wrong.

See and people think I'm crazy on here when I say oh you don't need more than 8 gigs.

no man my friend said I need 32gb for minecraft

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

i was just surfing normally on chrome with 16 tabs and it was using 8gb... and 40% of my cpu..

i have like 43 chrome tabs lol

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

My computer is built out of extravagance than necessity.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

I thought the typical advice was to stick with 8GB. I still tell people that when I give build advice.

I built with 16GB because I like to leave a ton of stuff open while I play games, though...

Git Gud.

u joking/sarcastic or like u legit?

because even with minecraft maxed out, allocate 3gbs to MC and you will never run out of mem

im idle atm with 5.2gb ram used

restarted pc with one waterfox tab open idle on 3.7gb

The more ram you have the more your computer can address in the ram therefore overall performance increases as there is no seek time with ram and transfer speeds are in gigabytes per seconds compared to ssd and HDD which are hundreds of megabytes with the addition of seek time on a HDD

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

u joking/sarcastic or like u legit?

because even with minecraft maxed out, allocate 3gbs to MC and you will never run out of mem

Run yours on amplified world type, with world edit, optifine, and voxelsnipe, then tell me 3 gigs is large enough when you try to change the biome of an Ehills biome to snowy hills (or whatever it's called) with one world edit.

Edit: oh and of course, optifine maxed out render distance. More of a CPU intensive task but still

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm not even trying and I'm using 4GB of RAM and 2GB of swap (1 Firefox tab, BlueStacks, and Steam

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Nah man i had to get 64GB of 2400Hz ram because miinecraft wouldn't run without it for me 

[spoiler=My Beast Rig Damocles]Case: Coolermaster Storm Stryker Motherboard: Asus x79 deluxe CPU: Intel I7 4960x @3.6GHz (soon to be oc) RAM: Kingston HyperX 64GB @2400MHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Gigabyte) @4GB PSU: Corsair RM1000 Fully modular CPUCooler: Corsair H100i Watercooling Storage: Seagate 2TB SV35.6 SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5"   x2  Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR sound card

This is my old pc which I am reamending to be a media server or a nas. Motherboard: Generic fujitsu CPU: Intel pentium G640 @2.8 GHz RAM: 4GB generic fujitsu memory PSU:  CPUCooler: Stock intel cpu cooler Storage:  Fujitsu MHZ2120BH @120GB, Soon to have a HDD for more storage. 

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

your system always keeps some RAM free by using page file. I am using 9.1GB currently on my 16gb system with only chrome open.

Right now I'm using 3 gigs and I only have chrome(8 tabs), skype and Foobar2000 open, and steam running on the background

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

so the other day i was doing some science and i got tired of opening and closing tabs, so i just left them open with the other 14 programs i had open.

and still only 5.3gbs of ram used, i guess i wont upgrade to 16gb anytime soon lol

insaine.png

Hahaha...try encoding a video while encoding a song(s) and playing a game all while streaming to an Xbox 360 and another computer.....I maxed out close to 16 gigs doing that all at once. Oh I suppose I had 15 tabs open in Firefox and utorrent going as well...my router wasn't happy with me that day.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

8GB is enough for most casual things.

If anybody advises 16GB+ for just anyone you don't knooooow what you're doing.

If you game or just use computer for surfing the web maybe, otherwise you're so wrong.

Well duh. That's obvious. There are many obvious circumstances where 8gb would be instantly maxed.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide