Microsoft Not Catering to Traditional PC Gamers, World is Shocked

Makol

Remember when Microsoft used to make games for PC? With their Xbox business thriving, the company has long shifted focus away from PC gamers. That attitude will continue in the Xbox One generation, it appears.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/79308/microsoft-wont-cater-to-traditional-desktop-pc-gamers-with-first

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

We've all known that ever since the consoles became popular and all. It's where the money's at and the PC side of things gets overwhelmed by the sheer number of sales of Xbox 360 and its games. It was simply more affordable and it always will be. That's why Microsoft focuses more on it's console rather than try to cater to us PC guys. 

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

microsoft... pssh, ill just switch to apple

lol, that would be a sad day for PC gaming when using an Apple platform is considered to be better.  :D

By the way, go easy Grammar Nazis I'm dyslexic;'#';[p#'; (I'm pretty sure a full stop should go there somewhere :D)
My Deviant Art: http://neutronicsoup.deviantart.com/
Linus quote of the day "Slick you're fired"

With the Xbox now powered by x86, and supposedly running the Windows kernel under the hood, Microsoft has even less reason to cast aside PC gamers.  It'll be a shame if they don't throw us a bone and give us a few great titles.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

With the Xbox now powered by x86, and supposedly running the Windows kernel under the hood, Microsoft has even less reason to cast aside PC gamers.  It'll be a shame if they don't throw us a bone and give us a few great titles.

im happy for amd im pretty sure the cpu is 8 core

im happy for amd im pretty sure the cpu is 8 core

Both the Xbox One and PS4 are using AMD CPUs, and I heard the Xbox is actually using an APU instead of having a dedicated GPU like the PS4 and Wii U (both of whom are using AMD GPUs)

AMD consoles for everyone~ .

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

Both the Xbox One and PS4 are using AMD CPUs, and I heard the Xbox is actually using an APU instead of having a dedicated GPU like the PS4 and Wii U (both of whom are using AMD GPUs)

AMD consoles for everyone~ .

so xbox 1 will still have crap 30 fps?

From what I've heard, no one knows.

I'm assuming it's 30 FPS.

Yes they will,but at least they on 1080p

I wouldn't be surprised if it did. I'm not 100% sure about it using an APU but that seems to be the most common belief. I hope they reveal more about the specs on both systems at E3.

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

Well good bye GFWL (thank god...)

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I really want Linux to become mainstream. Microsoft doesn't give a f*ck about PC gamers.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

I really want Linux to become mainstream. Microsoft doesn't give a f*ck about PC gamers.

steam is trying to get it there :)

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

They still try too hard to promote Console gaming. Seriously Consoles are pretty much PCs with different Operating Systems.

{B t t tk Pf t B t t tk Pf tk B Pf} <--- This is my language. BEATBOXING FOR LIFE!

They are no longer catering to console gamers either.  Game rentals seem to now be a thing of the past.  IMO thats going to be a big hurdle.  Ive rented games for consoles since the 80s.  

GABE NEWELL WILL LEAD US IN A NEW GAMING REVOLUTION!!!

ALL HAIL THE KING!!!

gabe-newell,S-D-280957-3.jpg

tumblr_lk1jcmengx1qenyx4o1_500.jpg

Character artist in the Games industry.

microsoft... pssh, ill just switch to apple

I think you'd be better off using Linux if you want any sort of gaming experience...

Yes they will,but at least they on 1080p

That's mainstream now, but a few years in the future that will be a low resolution for a gaming PC... talk about future proofing :P.

GABE NEWELL WILL LEAD US IN A NEW GAMING REVOLUTION!!!

ALL HAIL THE KING!!!

gabe-newell,S-D-280957-3.jpg

thats what gabe looks like? :o not what i imagined

tumblr_lk1jcmengx1qenyx4o1_500.jpg

gabe_newell__the_hero_of_us_all_by_radul

When will HL 3 be ready though? that is the question...

From what I've heard, no one knows.

I'm assuming it's 30 FPS.

During the COD demo they said something like ''it's the same great gameplay, the same 60 fps'' which is confusing because both the consoles ran cod at 30fps :/ maybe they're just lying out their ass. I honestly think this will seriously flop.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I'm confused, what does this really mean? Is the PC gaming market in danger?

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 | CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k OC'd @ 4.5ghz | GPU: MSI N680GTX Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) | SDD: 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 3 Western Digital 1TB  Hard Drives | PSU:Corsair Professional AX750 ATX12V & EPS12V Power Supply | Case: Corsair Carbide Series 300R Black Mid-Tower