sennheiser G4ME ONE or HD 598

toberkulosis

So the price difference in the two is $20 on amazon, which would basically cover the mic

My question is sound quality wise is there a difference in the two? Does the 598 sound better? Enough so that the convinience of having on cord, a volume wheel, and the built in mic can be overlooked?

thanks

So the price difference in the two is $20 on amazon, which would basically cover the mic

My question is sound quality wise is there a difference in the two? Does the 598 sound better? Enough so that the convinience of having on cord, a volume wheel, and the built in mic can be overlooked?

thanks

I heard the 598s sounded better, but honestly if you're gaming you might as well go with the Ones.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

From what I know, the 598 does sound better, but that doesn't mean that the G4ME One has bad sound. It's Sennheiser, it's going to be good anyways.

You could also take a look at the HD 555. They're quite a bit less expensive than the 598 and they still have outstanding sound quality.

If you don't get the G4ME ONE, which has a microphone, and you get either the 598 or the 555, get the Antlion ModMic 4.0.

*insert ModMic review here*

I think I'd get the HD 555...

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Well since they both sound like the HD518, they are both overpriced...

The HD518 do sound good and are a great value but they do not sound the same although I do agree with you, he shouldn't get the 598s unless he really likes the colour, otherwise HD558 would be the better choice and HD518 are solid.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

The HD518 do sound good and are a great value but they do not sound the same although I do agree with you, he shouldn't get the 598s unless he really likes the colour, otherwise HD558 would be the better choice and HD518 are solid.

g5iOIJw.png

Now consider the price difference....

The day they add the HD380 Pro *What the GAYME1 is* will be a great day to show how lazy Sennheiser is when it comes to rebadgeing. 

*Notice, going to watch Liam Neeson punch fools till I pass out, quoting me will be useless for the next 18 hours.*

g5iOIJw.png

Now consider the price difference....

The day they add the HD380 Pro *What the GAYME1 is* will be a great day to show how lazy Sennheiser is when it comes to rebadgeing. 

Damn they make beautiful headphones and seeing this I...still hold to my original statement, If I were to choose one of these headsets primarily for gaming I would probably go for the HD518 or a refurbished HD558.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Similarities aside, I'd ultimately ask on how much you value convenience. Considering that used G4ME Ones can go below 180 (Amazon has used ones at 155) it's really now a matter on whether or not you're willing tp pay for the convenience/looks of either. I can't tell, as you know your preferences better tha anyone on this thread and it's not my money to spend.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Similarities aside, I'd ultimately ask on how much you value convenience. Considering that used G4ME Ones can go below 180 (Amazon has used ones at 155) it's really now a matter on whether or not you're willing tp pay for the convenience/looks of either. I can't tell, as you know your preferences better tha anyone on this thread and it's not my money to spend.

+1 this.

In the end pick whats best for the use case and the price you can justify.  both are good IMO.

I own a pair of G4ME ONE's. Only get it if you want the convenience of a headset. Otherwise, you'll get a better bang for your buck by buying a separate microphone. Both the ONE's and HD 598's should be equal in sound quality.

• 1 year later...

I own Sennheiser G4me One and Sennheiser HD555. They sound soo different. Firstly i need to say that i prefer HD555s. Wider stage and crispier sound. They are also more comfortable. New G4me One have massive clamping force. I am using old trick with resting them on unused box to streach them a little. G4me One sound for me like a much more closed headphones (even they are open in general). There is something messed up in their sound. It sounds like you are hearing someone  rocking in your basement. Bass is more noticeable than in 555s but it also sound more like from a carton box. After longer period of time i feel tired after wearing G4me Ones. I can wear 555 all day with no problem. Mic in G4me Ones are really good and have active noise canceling. I am using them mostly for chatting with friends on my xbox one. I also did some commentary on youtube with them. Probably best mic from headset on the market. My 555s are pretty wear down after 5 years of using. I need to replace pads or buy a new pair of headphones. I am thinking about HD598s. Only problem for me is these beige and brow color scheme. They looks like a Noctua fan.