HTC One with Stock Android

Thibaudv

Source: http://www.techzine.nl/nieuws/34419/htc-one-met-stock-android-debuteert-in-zomer.html

Short summary/ translation: With the S4 Google edition announced at Google I/O, consumers have been asking HTC if there would be a HTC One Google edition. Officially, HTC has no plans to release a stock HTC One, but an important developer at HTC claims that he knows of a 'Google Edition' HTC One, which would be released this summer.

HTC-One-black_zps81aaf629.jpg

I think this is great, but I would just like to see HTC Sense as an option on your phone, not having them release two different versions of the phone.

Then again they had to do something about the S4 Google Edition eating off HTC One sales :)

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

Could someone please explain to me why having a stock Google edition phone is so important? 

By the way, go easy Grammar Nazis I'm dyslexic;'#';[p#'; (I'm pretty sure a full stop should go there somewhere :D)
My Deviant Art: http://neutronicsoup.deviantart.com/
Linus quote of the day "Slick you're fired"

Could someone please explain to me why having a stock Google edition phone is so important? 

when a new version of android comes out, you get it almost instantly with a phone that is directly supported by google. and you get the stock android design which is imo much better and cleaner than all the custom ui's by samsung, htc...

imo more google phones is always better :D

AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 - Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4,5GHz - EKL Alpenföhn Himalaya CPU Air Cooler - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600Mhz - Asus GTX 970 Strix - Samsung SSD 840 EVO 240GB - Samsung SSD 830 128GB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Be Quiet! Pure Power L8 600W - Creative Sound Blaster Z - NZXT Phantom

They're faster than any other software version of the phone, they get Android updates as soon as there's a new Android version, they're more customizable (it's easier for guys that develop ROMs etc to work with)...

Oh and some people just like the looks :)

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

the stock ui is clean and very quick ... changing it is usually a  if it aint broke dont fix it situation  

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

They're faster than any other software version of the phone, they get Android updates as soon as there's a new Android version, they're more customizable (it's easier for guys that develop ROMs etc to work with)...

Oh and some people just like the looks :)

when a new version of android comes out, you get it almost instantly with a phone that is directly supported by google. and you get the stock android design which is imo much better and cleaner than all the custom ui's by samsung, htc...

imo more google phones is always better :D

Okay I get it, same phone but without preloaded shovelware.

Thanks  :)

By the way, go easy Grammar Nazis I'm dyslexic;'#';[p#'; (I'm pretty sure a full stop should go there somewhere :D)
My Deviant Art: http://neutronicsoup.deviantart.com/
Linus quote of the day "Slick you're fired"

OHHH HELL YES. HTC's software on the One is a pain in the ass. I still dont even understand how they have their menu's setup. I havnt really looked other than the one time a customer asked how to change their layout...I just dont like it.

Over branded phone lol , Google (Android) Beats audio , HTC lol

Interested in Business and Technology

If I had an HTC One, it would already be running a slightly more customisable version of stock :). Custom ROMs FTW!

The only advantage there is the ROM's get updated a few days earlier because Google would have done most of the work.

I just bought one and this really pisses me off, if I can't get AOSP on it when it comes out. I hope cyanogenmod will have a more stable rom up for the one by then.

I SERIOUSLY think that you should be able to choose between AOSP and branded Android when you buy the phone. I absolutely hate skinned Android but love the new flagship phones. Stock Android with the latest and greatest Hardware that's officially supported would be so good. Sometimes I really wish that Android stayed on the path that Windows Phone took in the way that all phones run the same OS.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

This makes me happy :)

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

Wow, it seems like a lot of manufacturers are going the stock android way. Makes sense, my Nexus 4 and Galaxy Nexus have the smoothest UI I have seen on any Android smartphones.

4664d1360562476-led-st-logo-projectors-i

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Here are some more links to articles if anyone's interested.

http://blog.laptopmag.com/htc-one-stock-android

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_allegedly_working_on_one_with_stock_android-news-6085.php

http://m.ibnlive.com/news/htc-one-nexus-edition-with-stock-android-may-launch-soon/393628-11.html

http://www.geek.com/android/htc-considering-a-stock-android-htc-one-senseless-edition-1556220/

Some of these sights have the same information but some also have differences feel free to have a look at them the last link is the original article if I'm not mistaken.