Thermaltake Level 10 GT Review

Paperchase

• Introduction

In 2009 Thermaltake in collaboration with BMW Group introduced the predecessor for the original Level 10 case: The Thermaltake Level 10 GT. This case is marketed for PC enthusiast looking for superior cooling. With it's controversial appearance and rather "bulky" design it comes with a price tag of 249.99CAD (NCIX.COM).

At times enthusiasm may push you to the ultimate limits, to where you have not been before. Particularly for those who are bound to go beyond these restrictions, i.e. tune and clock your setting, further measures to keep the heat down might be asked for. Ready for Liquid Cooling Systems you can rest assured to keep your coolness.

Powerful performance needs space to unfold, this is also the case for highly advanced graphics cards, which the length has grown considerable over the past years and is most likely to grow even further in the future. With space for up to 37 cm oversized cards, there is sufficient space to stay future proof. Thermaltake has also introduced a unique way of securing your hardware while you're participating at i.e LAN parties. That being the ability to lock your case and HDD bays shut. (Don't swallow the key)!

ComputerCaseGTpic1.jpg

• ​Structure (Internal)

​ComputerCaseGT_internalStructure1.jpg

• Structure (External)​

ComputerCaseGTExternalStructure1.jpg

Cooling

HDD Air cooling: 200 x 200 x 20mm Dynamic color fan x1, 13-15dBA, 600-800RPM (Front Intake).

CPU Air Cooling: 200 x 200 x 30mm Dynamic color fan x1, 13-15dbA, 600-800RPM (Top Exhaust). + 140 x 140 x 25mm 1000RPM Fan, 16dBA. (Rear Exhaust).

VGA Air cooling: 200 x 200 x 30mm Dynamic color fan x1. 13-15dBA. 600-800RPM (Side Intake).

e392c648a71a15cf0c72362fb6827ccb.png?1358202423

My Opinion

I've had this case for about 6 months now, and I still remember unwrapping all of the hard foam from the packaging, and being completely stunned at it's size. It's quite larger than it looks on pictures. This thing will fit HUGE Coolers, and you can put as much hardware as you'd like in this thing, It's very easy to work with, and all of the cables for the fans etc. are already sleeved black, so that it can match your hardware.

One complaint however is I would like there to be more space behind the motherboard tray, As soon as you route the 24-pin cable from your powersupply, and back behind the tray you will have a hard time getting the side panel to fit. Also the front intake fan seems rather useless, because the hard drive cages are pretty much just solid bricks with a few holes through here and there. It seems like the front fan is just blowing air at a solid wall of plastic. However I've never got as good temperatures with a case ever as I have with this. The 200mm side panel fan does an exuisit job at cooling the graphics card. Personally I have the Radeon HD 7970GHz Ed. It does not rise to temperatures above 50oC at 100% Load.(Ambient Temperature 23-25oC).

The feel of this case is excellent. It seems very robust as the metallic pieces are just pure art. However a huge chunk of the case is made of plastic, which makes the case feel really cheap.

Pros & Cons

[TABLE=width: 500]

Pros & Cons

[TR]

[TD]

Pros[/TD]

[TD]

Extraordinary VGA Cooling[/TD]

[TD]

Overall very good system temperatures.[/TD]

[TD]

Lots of space for Tower CPU coolers, Graphics cards etc. [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

Cons[/TD]

[TD]

Too expensive[/TD]

[TD]

Not fully metal or aluminium, The plastic makes it feel cheap.[/TD]

[TD]

HDD cages not ventilated enough for the front intake fan.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

SOURCES:

-http://thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?S=1341&ID=2039

-http://ncix.com/products/?sku=63138&vpn=VN10006W2N&manufacture=Thermaltake&promoid=1201

-http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/chassis/28557-thermaltake-level-10-gt-chassis-review/

​

An opinion far away from your own can only be seen as madness.

Wow amazing review.

The Level 10 was always too different for me. It would be too hard to watercool in that case imo.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I really like mine, but you are correct - quite a bit of plastic. And Ghost, you are right as well, almost zippo option for water cooling custom loop as the front, side and top are all 200mm, and the front and top have minimal clearance. Only thing on mine is an Antec Khueler 920 for the CPU. That way all the air cooling is didicated to the GPU's.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I really like mine' date=' but you are correct - quite a bit of plastic. And Ghost, you are right as well, almost zippo option for water cooling custom loop as the front, side and top are all 200mm, and the front and top have minimal clearance. Only thing on mine is an Antec Khueler 920 for the CPU. That way all the air cooling is didicated to the GPU's.[/quote']

I wont deny I still love the case. If only it was more customizable. Theres nothing to make your Level 10 GT look different from someone elses.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Great review! Although I'm not a fan of that case. Looks weird hehe :P

Great review! Although I'm not a fan of that case. Looks weird hehe :P

Thanks.

I didn't like it at all when I saw it for the first time. The design was so "Hipster-ish". However i've grown very fond of the case now.

Wow amazing review. The Level 10 was always too different for me. It would be too hard to watercool in that case imo.
I agree. It does have an option for a 240mm radiator at the top, but not much else. Sadly.

i think that Thermaltake loves to make it hard for you to cable manage on their cases because they are very few cases from Thermaltake with integrated cable routing options.

I personally love the look of the L10 GT. It just looks so 'hey i'm different come at me bro'! But as for the review, it was very thorough, and I would love more reviews from you in the future.

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you replace the front fan with a CM Megaflow? (200x200x30)

Ok,, Do you Really think this case is worth $250?? It is Plastic Clad Tin.

this case was such a dissapointment for me. when i got it the front pannel clips were broken, "Shipping Damage" so Thermaltake would not honor any RMA request.

also the mesh panel over the HDD's the panel with the Headphone hanger,, the mounting tabs were broken,, again "Shipping Damage" Thermaltake would not honor the RMA.

So now i have a $250 peice of ThermalTake shit i had to fix and modify.

I will NEVER buy a ThermalTake Product again.

Yes. you can swap it with any fan as long as it has the right dimensions.

Ok' date=', Do you Really think this case is worth $250?? It is Plastic Clad Tin. this case was such a dissapointment for me. when i got it the front pannel clips were broken, "Shipping Damage" so Thermaltake would not honor any RMA request. also the mesh panel over the HDD's the panel with the Headphone hanger,, the mounting tabs were broken,, again "Shipping Damage" Thermaltake would not honor the RMA. So now i have a $250 peice of ThermalTake shit i had to fix and modify. I will NEVER buy a ThermalTake Product again.[/quote']

Yes. In my personal opinion I think it was worth the price. The cooling abilities of this case is astounding, which is why I adore this case so much. I'¨m sorry to hear you had such bad luck with the deliverance of the case. The fact that Thermaltake wouldn't honor an RMA is sad to hear.

lol thats my questin, will it fit? the stock fan is 200x200x20, the Coolermaster one is 10mm thicker. Have you replace it yourself or have 'masured' the front fan space?

Oh. I'm sorry, no there's only space for 200x200x30 fans in the front. Also, the front panel is very tricky to remove, but possible none the least. No I have not switched the front fan, I'm still using the stock one.