I bought an HD PVR 2 not that long before shadowplay was announced. Felt....not good. I actually prefer shadowplay because it gives better file sizes compared to the pvr2 at the same quality, though I suppose it is nice to be able to record ni no kuni.

You have to review the Extreme Cap U3!!

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

No ShadowPlay for me, since I am using 2 r9 290 in crossfire. Tried Fraps, but none of my hard drives have enough throughput for 1080p60 recording through fraps, Tried DxTory with the QuickSync encoder and it killed my performance, tried Afterburner with the AMD encoder and it killed my performance, tried OBS with the quicksink encoder and same as above.

At the end of the day I just gave up and went back to recording at 1080p30. Hopefully later on I can get ahold of a cheap 840 Evo that I can dedicate to Fraps for pure 1080p60 recording.

That's for youtube, of course, my internet connection is far too bad for streaming to twitch.

Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est

I prefer streaming directly to the head, it's got (practically) unlimited storage, records at native resolution, and allows editing on the fly

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Well another cool tech that I can't buy bec of my country....  :angry:

To be an expert is to know more about less.

• 2014 Build --> FX 8350 4.7GHz {} ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer {} Reference GTX 980 4GB {} 2x4GB 1866MHz HyperX {} Seagate 2TB 7200rpm {} 840 EVO 120GB {} XFX PRO850W {} Noctua NH D14 {} Fractal Define R4 White Windowed
  • 2018 Build --> Ryzen 7 2700X {} ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4 {} Gigabyte RTX 2070 8GB {} 2x8GB HX Fury 3200MHz {} Toshiba P300 2TB {} Kingston 480GB A1000 {} Corsair RM750W {} Enermax LIQMAX II 240 {} Fractal Focus G
  • 2021 Build --> Ryzen 9 5900X {} ASUS ROG Strix X570-F GAMING {} ASUS GeForce RTX 3080Ti ROG STRIX OC {} Gigabyte AORUS RGB DDR4 32GB {} Kingston KC2500 M.2 2280 NVMe 2TB {} Seasonic FOCUS GX-1000 {} ASUS ROG Ryujin 240 AIO {} NYXT H710i
  • Laptop --> ASUS ROG STRIX G713RS {} Ryzen 9 6900HX {} 32GB DDR5 {} RTX 3080 {} 1TB NVMe {} Win 11 Home

How would i set this up for live streaming from console to PC?

I have my old live stream console setup involving the old HDPVR, with standard ypbpr from the 360 to the HDPVR and then from the HDPVR to the PC. To input live commentary i also have a audio mixer that brings the two standard mono red and white from the 360 to mixer then from the mixer to the HDPVR and then to the PC. Is it still possible to do the live commentary with this?

What?

I use an Hauppauge (pronounced "hah-pog", named after the town their HQ is in) HD PVR 2. I've always used their hardware since back in the day when I recorded analog TV through my PC.

I'm just about to buy an Avermedia capture device... the Lite version Linus just reviewed seems nice, but I wanted to know what's the difference between the light and the C875 model. Anyone knows?

My problem with products like these is that they don't support usb headsets like my afterglow headset. I've never been able to find any good capture hardware that supports usb headsets, so I'm stuck with recording with software :(

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

Would this be useable with older consoles? (We're talking Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, SNES, and PS2.)

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.