Not all ISP's are against the public.

Pig__9_

cool, now all we need is for SHAW TO STOP MONOPOLIZING THE INTERNET SERVICE IN MY AREA!

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

Nice!

I am waiting fro Google Fiber which has been approved in my city. Will probably be a couple years.... :( At the very least, it will break up the monopoly that exists around here. 

until google monopolizes  your area....

The sad thing is, big companies like Verizon, ATT, and Comcast aren't.

I'm just wishing Google Fiber comes in my area soon.

It's available less than 10-20 miles away from where I live, which is LA. 

Somebody should make an open letter to Google demanding them to take over the country with their blazing fast internet. 

WHY THE FUCK AREN'T WE SUPPORTING GOOGLE FIBER

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Nice!

I am waiting fro Google Fiber which has been approved in my city. Will probably be a couple years.... :( At the very least, it will break up the monopoly that exists around here. 

It was approveed for Portland? I thought it was just one of the cities on a consideration list? Well I need to move back to Portland.

I should be studying.

It was approveed for Portland? I thought it was just one of the cities on a consideration list? Well I need to move back to Portland.

http://www.oregonlive.com/silicon-forest/index.ssf/2014/06/google_fiber_franchise_wins_ap.html

I need to be more clear though, it was approved on our side, Google still has some finalization to do.

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

I thought Japan was getting 2gbps internet in some places

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

I am all for the scrapping of data retention, however I will concede one point,  The ability for investigators to go back through someones history after they become a suspect or indeed even after being charged is only possible with current data retention,  otherwise by the time they achieve a warrant to start collecting data the suspect in question will simply be tipped off and cease incriminating activity.

Also IINet is really only available to those in the burbs,  rural Australia miss out.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I thought Japan was getting 2gbps internet in some places

I am going home to Oregon in 9 days. Internet where I live there isn't anything special. I am quite happy with my current speeds here in Japan though.

I should be studying.

We would never get Google Fiber down in Australia, might just be lucky to get any sort of fiber. iinet is a smaller ISP. they have also been putting their money where their mouth is by taking Village road show (big media groups) to court and winning. 

Absolute good guys right now.

cool, now all we need is for SHAW TO STOP MONOPOLIZING THE INTERNET SERVICE IN MY AREA!

Teksavvy, Telus, Rogers (wouldn't recommend Rogers).

Teksavvy is much better than all other options. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Also IINet is really only available to those in the burbs,  rural Australia miss out.

Yeah Agree rural Aus does get a bad deal but it is hard to get anything out there. We are are pretty stretch out continent. Hard to justify a expensive cable/fiber to only a small few. It sucks, but understandable. 

It should be the same as a house search. Warrant first, then track activity. 

Yeah Agree rural Aus does get a bad deal but it is hard to get anything out there. We are are pretty stretch out continent. Hard to justify a expensive cable/fiber to only a small few. It sucks, but understandable. 

It should be the same as a house search. Warrant first, then track activity. 

I agree,  however I do see their point,  It's an all or nothing argument either they collect all the data or they collect none, seeing as we cannot predict who will become a criminal and who won't, The only argument I could make is that unless the criminal is really stupid (don't what percentage that would be) I'd assume they have already considered that their internet traffic as being logged and wouldn't send incriminating material through it. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Teksavvy, Telus, Rogers (wouldn't recommend Rogers).

Teksavvy is much better than all other options. 

in Nanaimo we have rogers, tellus and shaw. in Lantzville we only have shaw

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

They're not bad, but not great either. I wish we had real alternatives around.

IInet has been doing this for quite awhile teksyndicate has covered it a few times and this is the reason im switching to them once i get my fiber :)

"But Sir WHY would you want to switch to an inferior service???!?! By canceling with us that means you want an inferior service, WHY?!!??!?!?!"

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |