Train simulator 2015 officially announced

Davehaslanded

Dovetail Games have officially announced train simulator 2015.

http://www.engine-driver.com/article/show/4681/train-simulator-2015-announced-for-18-september-2014

While it could be considered a niche title, sales of the previous games have done well apparently. I have personally played it a lot with my best friend as he is currently training to be a train driver for first capital connect in the United Kingdom as his room is actually in the game allowing him to do some extra curriculum while not having access to an actual simulator worth several thousand pounds.

There Does seem to be a few issues though. The game is still appears to be running on its old engine, which is believed to be running on DirectX 9 at 32bit. So gamers and sim if enthusiasts can continue to expect poor performance even the most powerful of setups. Apparently, dovetail games have suggested they are building a future version in unreal engine 4, yet they say that it is not yet ready.

As with the release of training simulator 2014, train simulator 2015 will be a free update to those who already own the previous year's title. New routes include London to Petersbourough and the future east coast train, the Hitachi class 801

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

I wonder if this will have 3000$ worth of "DLC"

It wouldn't be Train Simulator without it.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Sweet i love playing that i hope they bring back the tutorial tho i thought that was so dumb they took that out in i think it was 2014 who does that like every game has a tutorial and a simulator needs one more than any genre of game imo.

Sweet i love playing that i hope they bring back the tutorial tho i thought that was so dumb they took that out in i think it was 2014 who does that like every game has a tutorial and a simulator needs one more than any genre of game imo.

The game includes an entirely new map/mode, called academy, dedicated to teaching players the game, including signalling and how the train operates.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

Still looks flat and bland..

It is a bit concerning that their rival franchise appears to be putting more effort into the game engine. Having said that, Trainz has historically focused less on modern UK and European train lines and lacks some of the realism that is in the train simulator franchise. Despite its many flaws, my best friend who has been driving the English class 319 and class 377 in real life, says that train simulator 2014 comes closer to realism and the feel than any other game on the market.

post-72122-0-09987300-1405971035.jpg

Spoiler

It is a bit concerning that their rival franchise appears to be putting more effort into the game engine. Having said that, Trainz has historically focused less on modern UK and European train lines and lacks some of the realism that is in the train simulator franchise. Despite its many flaws, my best friend who has been driving the English class 319 and class 377 in real life, says that train simulator 2014 comes closer to realism and the feel than any other game on the market.

All I want is an awesome looking game which plays like the Railroad Tycoon series. Not much of a train simulator fan. Only plane.

Inb4 people start complaining that it's a proper simulator and not something along the lines of surgeon simulator.

Inb4 people start complaining that it's a proper simulator and not something along the lines of surgeon simulator.

I'm still waiting for a proper Procrastination Simulator... :lol:

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I would love it if there was a proper surgeon simulator. I really don't like Surgeon Simulator 2013, the controls are just too shit. Don't you dare tell me that's the point. Fuck that point with a chainsaw.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I wonder if this will have 3000$ worth of "DLC"

No one is supposed to buy all the DLC, you buy the extra trains and routes you want to play with and that is it.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

No one is supposed to buy all the DLC, you buy the extra trains and routes you want to play with and that is it.

No one is supposed to collect all the loot while playing Skyrim and yet here I am.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

sweet train crash simulator, driving a train around the bend at 80mph warning overspeed pth ill make it. baaaam crash

So is it safe to say train sim development is on track?...

Anyone? anything?...

Damn  :( 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I have Train Sim 2014! :D 

Hopefully there will be something worth waiting for!

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Yassssss I've been waiting for this since I was born. I am destined to drive a train. It is my dream...seriously, wtf stop these damn simulators

Project Restomod (In progress)

Yassssss I've been waiting for this since I was born. I am destined to drive a train. It is my dream...seriously, wtf stop these damn simulators

Why? Just because you dont enjoy them? Not everyone likes call of duty or battlefield.etc The train sim franchise is extremely popular, thus why there is 2 franchises running.

There more genres of game the better.

Spoiler

So is it safe to say train sim development is on track?...

Anyone? anything?...

Damn  :( 

Its steaming up, I hear.

From you at any rate.

B)

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Trainz was still better than this.

I'm hoping for some Australian maps and locomotives.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Its steaming up, I hear.

From you at any rate.

B)

3504902-what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thum

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

• 4 weeks later...

So although its been widely ignored by everyone, it turns out that Dovetail games had a stall at Gamescom showing off Train Simulator 2015 and it was running with oculus rift. So far i've only found one video on Youtube and one website article refering to it, both in German. But if anyone is interested, here's the video.

Spoiler

what's with all these silly simulator games?

at least they dont have a Toilet Simulator...

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch