Republic of Gamers Announces Maximus VII Formula Z97 Motherboard

Novistion

Republic of Gamers Announces Maximus VII Formula Z97 Motherboard 

http://rog.asus.com/339442014/maximus-motherboards/republic-of-gamers-announces-maximus-vii-formula-z97-motherboard/

Here is the press release Asus gave:

ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Maximus VII Formula Z97 Motherboard
ROG’s Z97 ATX gaming motherboard is engineered with exclusive CrossChill Copper hybrid cooling, flawless SupremeFX Formula 2014 audio, double-sided ROG Armor covers and Watch Dogs game bundle

Taipei, Taiwan (17th July, 2014) — ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) today announced Maximus VII Formula and Maximus VII Formula/Watch Dogs, Z97 chipset-based ATX gaming motherboards ready for the latest 4th-, new 4th- and 5th-generation Intel® Core™ processors — codenamed ‘Haswell’, ‘Haswell Refresh’, ‘Haswell Refresh K-Series’ (‘Devil’s Canyon’) and ‘Broadwell’ — and engineered with many new and exclusive ROG game-boosting features.

The Maximus VII Formula series supports dual-channel up to DDR 3300+ (OC) memory, and quad-GPU SLI™ and 3-way CrossFireX™ for gaming rigs with multiple graphics-processing units (multi-GPU). The new motherboard series also includes two SATA Express and ten SATA 3.0 connectors, as well as eight USB 3.0 and six USB 2.0 ports.

Maximus VII Formula delivers the best gaming hybrid-cooling solution with CrossChill Copper, the best gaming audio with SupremeFX Formula 2014 and the best gaming networking with Intel Gigabit Ethernet, GameFirst III and LANGuard. The new motherboard also has the best gaming power solution with Extreme Engine DIGI+ III and TrueVolt 5V, and the best gaming protection with ROG Armor, premium components, ESD Guards and a multitude of DIY-friendly design innovations.

Maximus VII Formula is pre-fitted with mPCIe Combo III + 802.11ac / Bluetooth 4.0, a compact connectivity module that delivers the latest wireless technologies along with mini PCI Express (mPCIe) and M.2 (10Gbit/s PCIe x2 and 6Gbit/s SATA) slots.

Two packages will be available — Maximus VII Formula and Maximus VII Formula/Watch Dogs. The latter includes the full version of Watch Dogs™, so customers are able to experience 2014’s most exciting game action on 2014’s finest gaming motherboard.

Best hybrid cooling
The best gaming performance means keeping cool, so ROG has equipped Maximus VII Formula with the all-new and exclusive CrossChill Copper hybrid-cooling solution. CrossChill Copper is engineered around a highly-conductive, corrosion-resistant copper cooling channel that’s incredibly effective at removing heat.

Whether using air or liquid, CrossChill Copper’s broad array of internal fins maximize the cooling channel’s heat-dissipation surface area for extreme thermal efficiency. With liquid, MOSFET temperatures are lowered by up to 23˚C and the G1/4-inch threaded fittings mean that Maximus VII Formula offers maximum compatibility for existing cooling setups — just fit the barbs, attach the pipes and it’s good to go.

Best gaming audio
Maximus VII Formula introduces SupremeFX Formula 2014, the integrated-audio solution that’s as great as a dedicated sound card. Cutting-edge isolation technologies minimize electromagnetic interference (EMI) and exceptionally-premium components deliver best-in-class audio, with an outstanding 120dB signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) and Cirrus Logic® CS4398 digital-to-analog converter (DAC) available via the rear output.

From the stylish black nickel EMI cover and warmth-suffusing ELNA® and WIMA® film capacitors to the high-fidelity Texas Instruments LM4562 operational amplifier that drives up to 600ohm-impedance headphones via the rear output, every part of SupremeFX Formula 2014 is engineered for the purest audio clarity. SupremeFX Formula 2014 also includes exclusive Sonic SenseAmp technology to automatically detect analog-audio front-panel (AAFP) headphone impedance and adjust the built-in amp, while Sonic SoundStage applies the best audio settings for popular game genres and Sonic Studio enables brilliant 7.1-channel virtual surround sound with just one click.

Best gaming networking
Maximus VII Formula is also fitted with state-of-the-art Intel Gigabit Ethernet that delivers better throughput with lower processing power for superior speed and increased efficiency. The new motherboard’s networking capabilities additionally benefit from ROG-exclusive GameFirst III technology for no-delay gameplay. This advanced network-optimization software assigns top priority to game-data packets, allocating them more bandwidth to ensure the best online gaming experience and clear, stutter-free online team-chat — all controlled with ROG’s usual intuitive flair.

ROG has even reinvented the RJ45 socket, with LANGuard. Advanced signal-coupling technology and premium surface-mounted capacitors improve throughput, while surge-protected and electrostatically-guarded components (ESD Guards) protect against lightning strikes and static-electricity discharges.

Best gaming power solution
Maximus VII Formula’s Extreme Engine DIGI+ III voltage-regulator module (VRM) with exceptionally-premium components ensures ultra-stable power delivery, no matter how demanding the action.

NexFET MOSFETs deliver up to 90% efficiency in normal operation; they’re also more durable and half the size of standard MOSFETs. 60A BlackWing chokes serve up power with minimal loss and at very low temperatures, while Japanese-made 10K black metallic capacitors last five-times (5X) longer and deliver 20%-greater endurance at extreme temperatures than generic capacitors — ensuring that Maximus VII Formula is able to withstand even the hardest of hardcore gaming.

TrueVolt 5V technology delivers a rock-steady 5V supply to both the front and back USB sockets — with no drop-outs. All connected equipment benefits from a clean 5V supply, assuring great compatibility and added protection for USB devices.

Best gaming protection
Maximus VII Formula is brimming with some brilliantly innovative features to protect both gamers and their gaming gear. Exclusive ROG Armor is a two-part fortification that compromises a strong and stylish ABS-plastic cover and a SECC (steel, electro-galvanized, cold-rolled coil) backplate. The ABS cover blocks heat from the graphics card, lowering system temperatures for better performance; and the SECC backplate supports the motherboard to prevent bending, employing thermal pads to efficiently conduct heat away from crucial components.

Q-Slot makes it easy to secure or release a graphics card, while the black nickel-coated Q-Shield protects hands from nicks and cuts. Similarly, Q-DIMM’s one-sided clips means handling memory modules is a cinch, and resettable fuses provide DRAM over-current protection that minimizes the chance of short-circuit damage to memory and connection ports. Maximus VII Formula even has a stainless-steel back input/output (I/O) panel that lasts up to three-times (3X) longer than traditional panels.

ASUS ROG Maximus VII Formula Specifications
Processor/CPU socket

LGA 1150 for the 4th-, new 4th- and 5th-generation Intel® Core™ i3, i5, i7, Pentium®, and Celeron® processors

Chipset

Intel® Z97 Express

Memory

Dual-channel memory architecture; 4 x DIMMs, up to a maximum of 32GB, DDR3 3300+ (O.C.)

Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)

Expansion slots

2 x PCIe 3.0 x16 slots (Single at x16, dual at x8/x8 mode)

1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 slot (Maximum at x4 mode)

3 x PCIe 2.0 x1 slots

1 x mini-PCIe 2.0 x1 slot on mPCIe Combo III card

Graphics (VGA)

Integrated Intel® HD Graphics processor

DisplayPort 1.2 with maximum resolution of 4096 x 2160 (4K x 2K) at 24Hz and 3840 x 2160 at 60Hz

HDMI with maximum resolution of 4096 x 2160 (4K x 2K) at 24Hz / 2560 x 1600 at 60Hz

Intel® InTru™ 3D / Quick Sync Video / Clear Video HD Technology / Insider™

Multi-GPU

Quad-GPU NVIDIA® SLI™ and AMD 3-way / Quad-GPU CrossFireX™ Technology

Storage

10 x SATA 6.0 Gbit/s (4 shared with SATA Express)

2 x SATA Express

1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M Key, type 2260 storage devices supported (on mPCIe Combo III card)

Networking/LAN

Intel® I218-V Gigabit LAN with GameFirst III and ASUS LANGuard

USB

8 x USB 3.0 ports (6 on back panel, 2 mid-board)

6 x USB 2.0 ports (2 on back panel, 4 mid-board)

Audio

ROG SupremeFX Formula 2014 8-channel high-definition audio

- SupremeFX shielding technology

- Cirrus Logic® CS4398 DAC (SNR: 120dB)

- WIMA® film capacitors

- Texas Instruments® LM4562 high-fidelity audio operational amplifier

- ELNA® premium audio capacitors

Sonic SoundStage / Sonic SenseAmp / Sonic Studio / Sonic Radar II

DTS Connect, optical S/PDIF-out port on back panel

Dimensions / form factor

ATX, 12-inch x 9.6-inch (30.5cm x 24.4cm)

Ran by coffee

Oh my god... That is one sexy ass motherboard

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Oh wait boom! OC3D

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Man that is one nice looking board.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Am I the only one that thinks this looks horrible? It's so vulgar. 

It's so overly angular and 'gamer-ish', really doesn't appeal to me. 

It's too plasticky for my taste. Also when will a motherboard company make a white and black themed motherboard? 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

It's too plasticky for my taste. Also when will a motherboard company make a white and black themed motherboard? 

I just want plain black. EVGA's Z97 Classified came close, but they used white and red capacitors which kind of ruined the board for me. Hopefully there'll be some really nice all black X99 boards. 

Have the Formula VI. Looks the same, which is great.

No intentions of upgrading to the Z97 platform.

I agree, Asus has went over with their ROG and I hate all their good Mobo's are black and red went I'm trying to make a black and blue build

Ran by coffee

well, the white part is covered :P

post-43475-0-55480000-1405913892_thumb.j

One big copy & paste. I thought we had 2 other threads about it...  :wacko:

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

One big copy & paste. I thought we had 2 other threads about it...  :wacko:

I didn't see them :/ oops sorry

Ran by coffee

Good thing they put copper in this one. Last chipset's formula board was just dumb.

Meh, would rather want a X99 or X79!

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

I didn't see them :/ oops sorry

Nah, it's not the same info, no worries. ;)

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Meh besides the extra PCI lanes and sata ports I don't really think it would be worth it over the maximus 7 hero

What happened to the Maximus VII Extreme?

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

anybody know when tigerdiect or Amazon or NCIX will be getting their MVIIF boards in?

Also when are the non watchdogs boards coming out??

Nice board, no doubt. But not my cup of tea on the aesthetics.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Man i really love the look of the new Z87 and Z97 Formula boards. I'm really hoping they end up doing the same thing when X99 comes out.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "