How can i install Kubuntu and Windows 7 with different partition

Hi, i want to have two patitions.

One for Windows 7 and one for Kubuntu.

I have Samsung 840 EVO 250GB.

I know how to create the partition but, i don't know how to choose the correct partition to install de operating system.

And, when i turn on the computer, i want to see the list with the two operating system, so i can choose whatever i want.

Hi, i want to have two patitions.

One for Windows 7 and one for Kubuntu.

I have Samsung 840 EVO 250GB.

I know how to create the partition but, i don't know how to choose the correct partition to install de operating system.

And, when i turn on the computer, i want to see the list with the two operating system, so i can choose whatever i want.

If you create a new partition, the new one will be totally blank.

Also, you're talking about the GRUB bootloader. It will be automatically installed, but if it doesn't work, try to repair it with these steps: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

If you create a new partition, the new one will be totally blank.

Also, you're talking about the GRUB bootloader. It will be automatically installed, but if it doesn't work, try to repair it with these steps: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair

so, can i create the partition with the CD of KUBUNTU? or is better with WINDOWS CD-DVD?

I believe Kubuntu leaves you with Grub2, which will be automatically set as boot menu once the OS is installed, making you able to select what OS to boot on.

Don't create a partition, leave empty hard drive space (shrink your current partition) and create the new one once you are on the Kubuntu install menu.

The partitions that will be needed are at least 2, one for your mounting point (where the stuff goes), I prefer having more than one mounting point, but all you need is one. Create a EXT4 partition with the mounting point "/" .The second partition is pretty much required, and that's the swapping area, it doesn't have a label or mounting point, it's a type "swapping area" partition, recommended sizes are between 2GB-10GB. It's used in a similar fashion as Windows' paginaiton.

so, can i create the partition with the CD of KUBUNTU? or is better with WINDOWS CD-DVD?

Yes, you can. But you don't have to. As @ForsakenLive said, you can just shrink your Windows partition and create it in the Kubuntu install menu.

Also, @ForsakenLive, I thought you can just use 1 partition for both the stuff and swap. That's my case.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Yes, you can. But you don't have to. As @ForsakenLive said, you can just shrink your Windows partition and create it in the Kubuntu install menu.

Also, @ForsakenLive, I thought you can just use 1 partition for both the stuff and swap. That's my case.

no, swap needs to have its own partition, that's how the file system works :(

no, swap needs to have its own partition, that's how the file system works :(

Well, that isn't how Windows works. I have only one partition, but it contains both swap and my data. Or is SWAP a hidden partition I didn't see?

Well, that isn't how Windows works. I have only one partition, but it contains both swap and my data. Or is SWAP a hidden partition I didn't see?

Windows doesn't need a swap area, Linux does.

Windows doesn't need a swap area, Linux does.

Well, I didn't create 2 partitions, only one for Linux.

Well, I didn't create 2 partitions, only one for Linux.

It doesn't forces you to, but it will work slower if you don't create it, it's like having pagination off in windows, not really recommendable.

Windows only uses one partition for SWAP and the OS. If you have more than one Windows partition they will either be, recovery or security partitions. These should not be removed (especially the security partition). The security partition may also be refereed to as the bitlocker partition.