whats the AMD equivalent of Intel core i5/i7

Where have Intel claimed that iris pro is better than Geforce or Radeon?

I REALLY doubt they have.

not sure if this is correct here

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6993/intel-iris-pro-5200-graphics-review-core-i74950hq-tested/2

Intel was comparing their Iris Pro with a GT650M

claiming the GFLOPS is higher than the GT650M even though the Iris Pro has lesser cores

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6993/intel-iris-pro-5200-graphics-review-core-i74950hq-tested/2

claiming the GFLOPS is higher than the GT650M even though the Iris Pro has lesser cores

Not all cores are created equal.

Fermi cores are technically more powerful than kepler cores for compute (gflops) but kepler architechture allows for a lot more cores.

Not all cores are created equal.

that i have to agree but saying its as good as a mid range Geforce will raise eyebrows

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

that i have to agree but saying its as good as a mid range Geforce will raise eyebrows

Well in most of the gaming benchmarks it comes within a stones throw of the 650M.

And in terms of raw compute it does have more power so that claim is true. 832GFLOPS vs 691GFLOPS.

So you lie to correct something that is true to begin with. xD 

WAT

Just plain hardware man. Iris pro is equal to 7850k's iGPU in every benchmark i've seen.

I don't care if AMD older architecture and is still equal.I was talking about raw power.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Well in most of the gaming benchmarks it comes within a stones throw of the 650M.

And in terms of raw compute it does have more power so that claim is true. 832GFLOPS vs 691GFLOPS.

well the benchmarks is not exactly what i say i will believe

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6993/intel-iris-pro-5200-graphics-review-core-i74950hq-tested/11

look at the odd res they used for comparision

720P, 900P and 1050P

I will understand if its a laptop screen 

but now we are seeing 1080P screens on a 14 inch laptop

or in the case of the MacBook Pro with retina screen play at the LCD native res as much as possible

*inner gamer says all the damn pixels and textures*

well the benchmarks is not exactly what i say i will believe

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6993/intel-iris-pro-5200-graphics-review-core-i74950hq-tested/11

look at the odd res they used for comparision

720P, 900P and 1050P

I will understand if its a laptop screen 

but now we are seeing 1080P screens on a 14 inch laptop

or in the case of the MacBook Pro with retina screen play at the LCD native res as much as possible

*inner gamer says all the damn pixels and textures*

Well I guess you could have 3840x2160p benchmarks but we'd see 5fps across the board with that selection of hardware :P

Well I guess you could have 3840x2160p benchmarks but we'd see 5fps across the board with that selection of hardware :P

I say the standard res for fair comparison is 1080P Med

and to be consider playable IMO 

it must spit out at least 30fps

Weaker? The articles regarding iris pro AND kaveri they seems to be equal (depending on games (we are NOT considering mantle support)).

Kaveri does seems to have the advantages at higher resolutions.

Intel Hd4600 is like a fx 4300 where Iris pro is like a fx 8320 (almost literally. Twice the cores).

HD4600 is barely a upgrade from HD4400 (16 cores to 20 cores, however which higher frequency).

Linus video have no influence on iris pros performance. at all.

They're not you're being a fanboy articles mean nothing when I've personally done tests in the past. It was about a 8-10% difference with Kaveri winning and I never said not considering mantle support so guess what quit arguging that if you don't use a feature for more performance they're almost equal. I NEVER SAID NOT USING MANTLE so your asking me to disable a feature if that isn't bias idk what is.

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

First: It is an anandtech review. He is doing the comparisons. I cannot see any official intel slider (atleast on not that page you have linked. And no I wont go through them all).

Amount of cores have little to do with the GFLOPs.

They're not you're being a fanboy articles mean nothing when I've personally done tests in the past. It was about a 8-10% difference with Kaveri winning and I never said not considering mantle support so guess what quit arguging that if you don't use a feature for more performance they're almost equal. I NEVER SAID NOT USING MANTLE so your asking me to disable a feature if that isn't bias idk what is.

Am I been a fanboy? For what? Question your statements? Your statements doesn't match what I have heard from other people experience (again I cannot validate anything, same as you cannot.)

Remember mantle can potentially be featured on iris pro. We are simply trying to make a fair comparison, to have the same features enabled.

Also games that support mantle is the minority still. Even so we include mantle games iris pro will still do great in other titles.

Damn, I'm such a fanboy for not believing your statements! Such fanboy, such wow.

well if you noticed the Iris Pro is only available for the laptops and NUC

4770R/4670R/4570R have them. R stands for that Iris pro. http://ark.intel.com/products/76642

Hmm Fermi shaders ran at twice the clock speed of the core. Eg 800MHz gpu, shaders ran at 1600MHz where as on AMD the shader clock is equal to the core clock same goes for Kepler. But yeah a single Fermi core is way more powerful than Kepler

One thing to consider when comparing these current iGPUs is that DDR3 dual channel bandwidth is maxed out with a few of them. Remember the 7600 reviews showing very similar game performance to the 7850K with only 384 shaders instead of 512? Also, nearly linear increase in performance is seen on the 7850K as RAM speed (bandwidth) increases.

We need some faster memory that has acceptable characteristics for CPU and GPU in order to push the graphics portion of APUs further. I don't think DDR4 is going to be the answer, it will be pretty slow for while...especially in validated OEM machines where iGPUs are king.

Maybe Carrizo will have some fancy dedicated high speed memory or something, otherwise I just don't see how they are going to squeeze any more GPU power out of the DDR3 fed APUs.

4770R/4670R/4570R have them. R stands for that Iris pro. http://ark.intel.com/products/76642

Hmm Fermi shaders ran at twice the clock speed of the core. Eg 800MHz gpu, shaders ran at 1600MHz where as on AMD the shader clock is equal to the core clock same goes for Kepler. But yeah a single Fermi core is way more powerful than Kepler

ah i get it now

but we can't get them like any typical CPU? Or can we?

but vm'N just saying that the Iris is superior when the game benchmarks shows it is still behind the GT650 when the Iris has higher specs

One thing to consider when comparing these current iGPUs is that DDR3 dual channel bandwidth is maxed out with a few of them. Remember the 7600 reviews showing very similar game performance to the 7850K with only 384 shaders instead of 512? Also, nearly linear increase in performance is seen on the 7850K as RAM speed (bandwidth) increases.

We need some faster memory that has acceptable characteristics for CPU and GPU in order to push the graphics portion of APUs further. I don't think DDR4 is going to be the answer, it will be pretty slow for while...especially in validated OEM machines where iGPUs are king.

Maybe Carrizo will have some fancy dedicated high speed memory or something, otherwise I just don't see how they are going to squeeze any more GPU power out of the DDR3 fed APUs.

Well, I remember reading somewhere that past 2133MHz kaveri no longer scales that well. It could be because of the memory controller bottlenecking with the internal memory system. You could overclock the memory controller past 2133 and see if you gain even more of a performance increase, however after 2400MHz I do believe that the internal memory system will be the main bottleneck, which sadly enough cannot be fixed. Hopefully excavator or AMDs next x86 architecture will feature a better internal memory system.

ah i get it now

but we can't get them like any typical CPU? Or can we?

but vm'N just saying that the Iris is superior when the game benchmarks shows it is still behind the GT650 when the Iris has higher specs

What exactly did I say?

He never said that it outperforms the 650. Here are a bunch of benchmarks with the iris pro

http://uk.hardware.info/reviews/4776/13/intel-iris-pro-5200-graphics-review-the-end-of-mid-range-gpus-battlefield-3-1366x768

Well, I remember reading somewhere that past 2133MHz kaveri no longer scales that well. It could be because of the memory controller bottlenecking with the internal memory system. You could overclock the memory controller past 2133 and see if you gain even more of a performance increase, however after 2400MHz I do believe that the internal memory system will be the main bottleneck, which sadly enough cannot be fixed. Hopefully excavator or AMDs next x86 architecture will feature a better internal memory system.

What exactly did I say?

well you didn't say much but the way you imply that the Iris Pro is superior to the GT650M

like i did pointed myself

not all cores are equal but the way Intel market the Iris Pro like it can beat a mid range Geforce is not my taste

He never said that it outperforms the 650. Here are a bunch of benchmarks with the iris pro

http://uk.hardware.info/reviews/4776/13/intel-iris-pro-5200-graphics-review-the-end-of-mid-range-gpus-battlefield-3-1366x768

ok well i may have interpereted wrongly here

if i made a mistake then really sorry

well you didn't say much but the way you imply that the Iris Pro is superior to the GT650M

like i did pointed myself

not all cores are equal but the way Intel market the Iris Pro like it can beat a mid range Geforce is not my taste

I haven't even mentioned the GT650M in this thread.

Intel isn't marketing it to be better than the midrange geforce. If you are talking about the anandtech review, it is anandtech doing the comparisons, it is anandtech saying it "should" (I have no idea whether or not it is better) beat the GTX650M. (I actually don't even know if he mentioned anything about it)

I haven't even mentioned the GT650M in this thread.

Intel isn't marketing it to be better than the midrange geforce. If you are talking about the anandtech review, it is anandtech doing the comparisons, it is anandtech saying it "should" (I have no idea whether or not it is better) beat the GTX650M. (I actually don't even know if he mentioned anything about it)

in the review he was comparing directly the GT650M which is found in the MacBook Pro with retina screen

it all over the review

and the graphs place the GT650M at the top

I'm currently pairing that 6800k with a GTX 780ti

so thats why I'm looking for a CPU upgrade

Go Intel. If you consider going with a AM3(+) CPU, you would need to buy a new motherboard any ways.

in the review he was comparing directly the GT650M which is found in the MacBook Pro with retina screen

it all over the review

and the graphs place the GT650M at the top

So, if the GTX650M was placed to better on his review, how did you manage to think that I and Intel was saying the iris pro was better?

As said I haven't read the review.

:o

Interesting choice.

I'd suggest i5 4690K + ASUS Z97-A or if you like the gaming bling bling get something like the Gigabyte Z97-Gaming 3 or MSIs Z97-G45 gaming