Slim, High performance, No-Gaming Laptop (high end)

neystro

Hey,

I'm currently looking for an High end laptop that have a quad core processor (preferably 4th gen) that is Slim, a 13-14 inch screen, 1080p or more. If possible I don't want a discrete graphic card ( I don't plan on gaming with it).

The only laptop that I find that fit my need is the Vaio Z but it's discontinued.

I plan on running multiple OS on it so I prefer if it's not an Apple product!

I have no price limit.

Does anyone know a product that will suit my need?

Thank you!

Lenovo y40

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

It depends on what you are going to use it for. There are a lot of laptops out there with good CPUs.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Lenovo y40

I love Lenovo's I have a Thinkpad T430 for work and love the thing.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

@The Slimy Pig:  I will use it for programming, VM's, web browsing... 

Thank you for your answer, but nothing completely fill my need.

The lenovo y40 is a gaming laptop and only have a dual core cpu, The Zenbook and the t430 also (if i'm not mistaken for the t430).

I really want a quad core since I will be multi-tasking I lot! 

Lenovo Carbon X1 maybe?

4770k Delid @ 4.5Ghz/1.25V w/ NH-D15, Maximus VII Hero, HyperX Beast 8GB 1600Mhz, GTX770 DCII OC, Strider Gold S 750W, 120GB 840 EVO, 2TB Barracuda, No case : D

Quickfire TK (MX Brown), Naos 7000, 128GB Surface Pro 2, 32GB G2 With Lightning Rom V4

Lenovo Carbon X1 maybe?

It's a dual core, and his keyboard is horrible :(

Thank you for your answer but they both have dual-core.. :/ the only one that I have found with a quad core it's the Razer blade 2014 but I don't want to pay a premium for the 870m inside. 

Anyone have other suggestion? even if it's a 15 inch!  

Thank you for your answer but they both have dual-core.. :/ the only one that I have found with a quad core it's the Razer blade 2014 but I don't want to pay a premium for the 870m inside. 

Anyone have other suggestion? even if it's a 15 inch!  

I'm not sure why you truly need a quad-core CPU. Web designing doesn't create a heavy CPU workflow. (forgot it does if you use Adobe products) These have hyperthreading so they have 4 "logical" processors. They will act like a system with 4 cores inside, however unless you're going to do push the processor to it's limits, I don't find a need to find a true quad-core cpu. I'm not so sure if you really need a cpu with 4 physical cores. Hyperthreading technology advanced much more, and it isn't as bad. I suggest you ask on the CPU section if you do need a quad core CPU. From my point of view, the i5 or the i7 is powerful enough for your needs.

This is your laptop so buy what you want. I won't stop you.

Linus did say the Razer Blade is a masterpiece and gave it Editor's Choice Awards...

It might be worth that premium price. 

You might be able to get into gaming. 

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

I'm not sure why you truly need a quad-core CPU. Web designing doesn't create a heavy CPU workflow. (forgot it does if you use Adobe products) These have hyperthreading so they have 4 "logical" processors. They will act like a system with 4 cores inside, however unless you're going to do push the processor to it's limits, I don't find a need to find a true quad-core cpu. I'm not so sure if you really need a cpu with 4 physical cores. Hyperthreading technology advanced much more, and it isn't as bad. I suggest you ask on the CPU section if you do need a quad core CPU. From my point of view, the i5 or the i7 is powerful enough for your needs.

This is your laptop so buy what you want. I won't stop you.

Linus did say the Razer Blade is a masterpiece and gave it Editor's Choice Awards...

It might be worth that premium price. 

You might be able to get into gaming. 

The real reason I what a physical 4 is that I'm mostly programming in c++/c# and I'm planning to disable hyper-threading to reduce my compilation time (since compiler are mostly single-threaded) but I'm afraid that if I do that, the single unused core won't be enough for my web browsing, text editor, music player, ...

If I was mostly programming in python, java or another language that doesn't require compilation, I would completely agree with you.

Right now, I'm mostly looking for a cheaper alternative to the Razer blade 2014 since I don't need a gaming laptop, I have my desktop for my gaming need!