ATH-M50s LE Problem

Seems as though the right driver is much quieter than the left driver on my ath-m50s le. also seems like theres almost no bass coming from the right speaker compared to the left.

I've only read about problems with the speaker completely stop working. So maybe there is a way I can fix the right speaker since its only quieter?

I tried emailing for a new driver but for some god awful reason a replacement driver is $70+ in Canada yet in the U.S its ~$24.

Across the vast and majestic gulf of time and space, the jimmies rustle softly.

Check the balance settings in the sound options on Windows.

As said check balance settings, but also make sure they are plugged in all the way, if that is the case, try to fiddle around with the cable to see if there is a loose or bad connection somewhere.

If it is neither of those, it is probably a faulty driver and it is up for repair/replacement.

i have encountered problem like that on my iem many times. let's just hope it's the jack problem.

try to spin it and wiggle it. if somehow the sound come back to normal for a moment you can replace the jack cabling. it's pretty easy and cheap. USUALLY it's solve the problem.

its actually normal, i encounter it with every headphones i own. you need to burn it in, (play music continously).
it will take a long time, but its not a defect!

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

its actually normal, i encounter it with every headphones i own. you need to burn it in, (play music continously).

it will take a long time, but its not a defect!

Ehhm, nope. The balance should be the same before and after the burn-in.

Another problem you might have is, if you are using an amplifier of some sort, then there can be inbalance in the volume control, so sometimes you need to turn it up to past a certain point, i.e. 12 o'clock, on the dial to get the balance right. However that should not matter if you have a digital volume control of some sort.

Ehhm, nope. The balance should be the same before and after the burn-in.

Another problem you might have is, if you are using an amplifier of some sort, then there can be inbalance in the volume control, so sometimes you need to turn it up to past a certain point, i.e. 12 o'clock, on the dial to get the balance right. However that should not matter if you have a digital volume control of some sort.

Me thinks it is either a cabling issue, or the channel imbalance.

Its definitely not a channel imbalance. Tried multiple sources and yet same issue occurs. I'll try moving the cable around and a possibly 24hr+ burn in and hope it solves it.

Its definitely not a channel imbalance. Tried multiple sources and yet same issue occurs. I'll try moving the cable around and a possibly 24hr+ burn in and hope it solves it.

Well, it is channel imbalance, just not caused by the things others were suggesting.

Honestly, I'd just return them to wherever you got them ASAP. Burn-in is highly unlikely to fix the issue.

Well, it is channel imbalance, just not caused by the things others were suggesting.

Honestly, I'd just return them to wherever you got them ASAP. Burn-in is highly unlikely to fix the issue.

true, though a friend pretty much gave them to me and im pretty sure he had them for years. So returning them isn't going to be an option. I may have to try and see if I can get a replacement driver 

true, though a friend pretty much gave them to me and im pretty sure he had them for years. So returning them isn't going to be an option. I may have to try and see if I can get a replacement driver 

Oh, then they're already burnt in.  :rolleyes:

Yeah, $70 to fix a limited edition product that you got for free doesn't seem too bad all of a sudden. However, were you to do it "properly" you'd need to replace both drivers at the same time. Else, their frequency responses might not line up and it might sound worse than a simple channel imbalance.

I suddenly feel stupid for not suggesting this earlier, but it could be a fault in the cable and not the driver(s). Better to do a removable cable mod before messing with the drivers - even if the cable isn't the issue, removable is better than non-removable.

Oh, then they're already burnt in.  :rolleyes:

Yeah, $70 to fix a limited edition product that you got for free doesn't seem too bad all of a sudden. However, were you to do it "properly" you'd need to replace both drivers at the same time. Else, their frequency responses might not line up and it might sound worse than a simple channel imbalance.

I suddenly feel stupid for not suggesting this earlier, but it could be a fault in the cable and not the driver(s). Better to do a removable cable mod before messing with the drivers - even if the cable isn't the issue, removable is better than non-removable.

Yeah I might have to try and resolder the cable. But I should also add that although it is quieter, the right speaker also lacks bass compared to the left speaker. even when adjusting the left speaker to match the right so its most likey a driver problem.

I would never pay $70 for a replacement part which I know costs $24 somewhere else. To me thats just ridiculous.